1. Late in the afternoon，they arrived at ________ small village _______ north of the West Hill.
A.the;the B.a;/ C.a;the D.the;/
2. I prefer a flat in Inverness to ______ in Perth, because I want to live near my Mom" s.
A. one B. that C. it D. this
3. It is reported that we have produced _______ this year as we did last year.
A. as much cotton twice B. twice as much cotton as
C. twice as much cotton D. much as cotton twice
4. With so much homework ______, Tom has to stay at home.
A. to do B. to be done C. done D. doing
5. It’s impossible for ____ few people to finish ____ a lot of work in only two days.
A. such; such B. so; such C. such; so D. so; so
6. Hearing the ____ story, the little boy had a ____ expression on his face.
A. frightening; frightening B. frightened; frightened
C. frightening; frightened D. frightened; frightening
7. ----What’s your first impression ________ Mrs Wang?
----She looks serious. I think she’ll be strict _____ us.
A. on; in B. on; with C. of; with D. of; in
8. ----Do you know our hometown at all?
----No, this is the first time I _____ here.
A. was B. have been C. came D. am coming
9. Obama _____ giving lecture to young men _____ invited to meeting at times.
A. preferred; to being B. preferred; rather than
C. preferred; than being D. preferred to; to being
10. I walked up to the top of the hill with my friend, we enjoyed a splendid view of the lake.
A. which B. where C. who D. that
11 .Planning so far ahead no sense-so many things will have changed by next year.
A. made B .is making C .makes D. has made
12. Passeagers are permitted _______ only one piece of hand luggage onto the plane.
A. to carry B. carrying C. to be carried D. being carried
13. What made us surprised was not what she did but ___ she did it.
A. the way B. in the way that C. in the way D. the way which
14. My parents don’t allow _____ time _____ nothing.
A. to waste; to do B. wasting; to do C. to waste ; doing D. wasting; doing
15. Taiwan-born filmmaker Ang Lee won the best director Oscar at the 78th Academy Awards, ____ the highest honor in American movie field.
A. to consider B. considering C. consider D. considered
BACAB CCBAB CAADD