21. —How about going camping with us this weekend?
A. Is that right? B. I’d like to, but I have no time.
C. What are you planning? D. What’s for?
22. I’d like a room _____ window looks out over the sea.
A. that B. in which C. whoseD. which
23. If you don’t go to the museum tomorrow, _____.
A. I will either B. nor will I C. I neither will D. either I will
24. They use specially trained dogs to _____ their sheep at night.
A. take careB. get along with
C. watch over D. turn to
25. This book _____ ten units, ______ three mainly revisions.
A. contains; including B. includes; containing
C. contains; containing D .includes; including
26. I want to buy that kind of cloth because I _____ the cloth _____ well.
A have told; washed B. have been told; washes
C was told; washed D. have been told; is washed
27. The company was willing to provide us with what we needed, _____ made us excited.
A. what B. it C. whichD. that
28. The doctor is going to do all he can _____ the boy drowning in the water.
A. to remove B. remove C. to save D. save
29. It was going to be some time _____ he saw his father again.
A. before B. afterC. sinceD. when
30. Oh, boy, why are you killing your time this way? Can’t you find something _____ doing?
A. useful B. worthy C. valuable D. worth
31. The two top students in Mr. Green’s class competed _____ each other for the highest marks.
A. to B. for C. in D. against
32. _____ I can see what you mean, even though I don’t share your point of view.
A. In the way B. In a way
C. In no way D. On the way
33. The school is _____ a Chinese teacher for the new term who masters the English language perfectly.
A. searching B. in the search of C. in search D. in search of
34. She _______ you for your money, but not for love.
A. married with B. married to
C. got married D. married
35. It is a good plan in theory, but it _____ to be seen whether it works in practice.
A. keeps B. stays C. stands D. remains
第二节 完形填空(共20小题， 每题1分，共20分)
One day, when I was in high school, I saw a kid named Kyle from my class walking home from school with all his books, I thought to myself, “__36__ would anyone bring home all his books for the weekend? He must really be 37__.”As I was walking, I saw several kids running toward him. They ran at him, 38 all his books out of his arms and he fell down in the dirt, His glasses went 39 and landed in the grass.
My 40 went out to him. So, I ran over to him. 41 I handed him his glasses, he looked at me and said, “Hey, thanks!” I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived. As it 42 , he lived near me. We talked all the way home. Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends.
Kyle was the 43 student of our class, one of those guys that really found themselves during high school. Therefore he had the 44 to prepare a 45 speech. On the graduation day, I could see that he was 46 .So, I patted him on the back and said, “Hey, big guy, you’ll be 47 !” He looked at me and smiled.
He cleared his throat, and began. “Graduation is a time to 48 those who helped you make it through those 49 years. Your parents, your teachers… but mostly your friends, I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best 50 you can give him.”
I just looked at my friend with 51 as he told the story of the first day we met. He had planned to 52 himself over the weekend and was carrying his books home. “Thankfully, nothing happened. My friend 53 me from doing the unspeakable.”
Not until that moment did I realize that you should never underestimate(低估) the 54 of your actions. With one small gesture you can 55 a person’s life. For better or for worse.
36. A. How B. When C. Why D. Where
37. A. stupid B. clever C. wonderful D. anxious
38. A. throwing B. knocking C. taking D. snatching
39. A. lost B. sending C. broken D. flying
40. A. heart B. head C. hands D. thought
41. A. While B. As C. Because D. Once
42. A. passed by B. came up C. went on D. turned out
43. A. top B. hardest C. favorite D. luckiest
44. A. pride B. honor C. pleasure D. chance
45. A. class B. school C. graduation D. college
46. A. excited B. nervous C. proud D. crazy
47. A. great B. famous C. praised D. honored
48. A. reward B. remember C. thank D. congratulate
49. A. happy B. exciting C. old D. hard
50. A. chance B. gift C. help D. favor
51. A. wonder B. anxiety C. disbelief D. pride
52. A. kill B. enjoy C. test D. hurt
53. A. protected B. freed C. warned D. prevented
54. A. price B. use C. power D. meaning
55. A. destroy B. change C. save D. understand