本试卷分第Ⅰ卷 (选择题) 和第II卷 (非选择题) 两部分
1. What does the man think of Linda’s husband ?
A. Unfriendly B. Clever C. Quiet
2. Where does the conversation probably take place ?
A. In a hotel. B. In a store C. In a post office
3. What are the speakers talking about ?
A. A new hotel B. A new airport C. A new hospital
4. What do we know about the boy ?
A. He is 4 years old. B. He has a round face. C. He wears a green shirt.
5. What is in the man’s bag ?
A. Some CDs. B. Some bottles. C. Some books.
听下面5段对话或独白，每段对话和独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的A B C三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置，听每段对话和独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题5分钟;听完后，各小题给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话和独白读两遍。
6. Where was the job advertised ?
A. On TV. B. In the magazine. C. In the newspaper.
7. Which job is the woman interested in ?
A. Interpreter. B. Secretary. C. Teacher.
8. When will the woman come for the interview ?
A. Next Monday morning. B. Next Monday afternoon. C.Next Tuesday morning.
9. What was the relationship between the woman and Jim in the past ?
A. Relatives. B. Classmates. C. Colleagues
10. Where does the man live ?
A. In San Francisco. B. In New York. C. In Hawaii.
11. What is the woman ?
A. A film actress. B. An art director. C. A magazine editor.
12. How long was the man’s flight from Beijing to Tokyo ?
A. About 5 hours. B. About 4 hours. C. About 3 hours.
13. What was the weather like during the man’s flight in Japan ?
A. Cloudy. B. Snowy C. Rainy
14. What does the man see here ?
A. Few cars are in the street.
B. Many people are fishing.
C. Many people are walking around the street.
15. Where does the woman live now ?
A. In America. B. In Canada. C. In Japan.
16. What language is the woman good at ?
A. Italian B. French C. Spanish.
17. What does the woman teach in a school ?
A. Medicine B. English C. Maths
18. Whom were the early zoos built for ?
A. Students B. Some rich people C. Kings and queens
19. What do we know about the Garden of Intelligence ?
A. It was built in Egypt.
B. It was about 3,000 acres.
C. It was named by an emperor.
20. Why did ancient Greeks build Zoos ?
A. To get fun.
B. To study animal and plant life.
C. To keep some rare animals .w_w
第二部分 英语知识运用 (共三节，学习65 分)
从A, B, C, D四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
21.In my opinion, what he told us just now about the matter doesn’t make any_______.
A. meaning B. idea C. sense D. point
22. As we have known from the map of the world, this is ______.
A. twice as large an island as that B. twice as larger as that island
C. as twice as that one D. twice as a large island as that
23.The murderer was brought in, with his hands______ behind his back.
A. be tied B. having tied C. to be tied D. tied
24. They haven’t settled the problem of ______ it is necessary for her to take part in “Super Girl”.
A. if B. where C. whether D. that
25. We don’t have enough money at present, can you borrow ______ from your friend for the palace ball?
A. a jewellery B. some jewelleries
C. a piece of jewelleries D. a piece of jewellery
26. ______ likely ______ we will hand in the paper the day after tomorrow?
A. Is it; that B. Is it; whether C. Is it; what D. Is it; who
27. John hit_________.
A. him on the head B. him on his head
C. him in the head D. him in his head
28. The speaker _______ at the audience and then began to make his speech.
A. glared B. stared C. glanced D. looked
29. The girl was frightened at the sight of a snake and her heart was _______ fast.
A. striking B. hitting C. jumping D. beating
30. I have finished translating a large part of the book, but the rest ______ more difficult.
A. isB. are C. was D. were
31.She can’t help ______ the house because she’s busy making a cake.
A. to clean B. cleaning C. cleaned D. being cleaned
32. Nowhere else in the world______ cheaper tailoring than in Hong Kong.
A. a tourist can find B. can a tourist find
C. a tourist will find D. a tourist has found
33. If you go for a long ride in a friend’s car, it’s the custom to offer to ____ some of the expenses.
A. pay B. pay off C. pay for D. pay back
34 His illness ____ the family’s trouble.
A added to B added C added up D adding to
35 The English evening last night proved ______ a great success.
A. be B. being C. to be D. to have
My family and I decided to try to help the less fortunate at Easter. It was last March . My brother, sister and I stayed at home after yet another snowstorm. We got warmly 36 and ran out of the 37 to collect money and canned goods.
Some people 38 their doors violently(粗暴地) in our faces and others told us they already donated (捐赠) at their churches. We still 39 , though. To our 40 , the people who we expected to be the most generous weren’t the “well-to-do” . They gave little or nothing at all , 41 the poorest gave everything they could 42 . In the first couple of hours, we 43 $60 and during the following three days of going 44 , we collected nearly $1, 000.
We then went to the grocery store and bought rice, potatoes, macaroni (通心粉) and juice. Afterwards we 45 the food and put it into twenty-five colored laundry (洗衣店) baskets, 46 also containing a three-pound ham.
Finally right before the 47, my family and I 48 the delivery (分送). As the people 49 their doors and saw what we had brought, they were extremely 50 . Big smiles on the once-sad faces 51 how happy they truly were. Most of them replied, “Now we can have an Easter 52 .”
This event was very 53 for my family and me. We learned to appreciate all we once took for granted (认为理所当然). We also learned that to achieve a goal, hard work and patience are 54 . I strongly advocate (提倡) that all get 55 some aspect of community service. It surely is an unforgettable experience.
36. A. worn B. had on C. dressed D. put on
37. A. church B. school C. store D. house
38. A. closed B. knocked C. pushed D. hit
39. A. asked B. continued C. insisted D. took
40. A. joy B. taste C. favor D. surprise
41. A. so B. while C. because D. as
42. A. afford B. buy C. find D. lend
43. A. borrowed B. searched C. raised D. picked
44. A. face to face B. hand to mouth
C. door to door D. shoulder to shoulder
45. A. arranged B. froze C. heated D. ate
46. A. which B. that C. each D. they
47. A. weekB. holiday C. beginning D. end
48. A. got B . made C. brought D. planned
49. A. shut B. cleaned C. left D. opened
50. A. delighted B. silly C. kind D. friendly
51. A. appearedB. showed C. looked D. found
52. A. dinner B. time C. party D. parade
53. A. unfairB. hard C. troublesome D. meaningful
54. A. uselessB. available C. necessaryD. worthwhile
55. A. linked to B. compared with
C. combined with D. involved in
The day was like any other day in his life. Tom walked past the shop on the street corner. He stopped to look at the front row of shoes, and he felt happy to see that the pair of shoes he wanted very much was still there. Looking down at his old shoes, he felt sorry for himself. He really wanted to have them for his birthday.
He sadly walked away and thought how to tell his mother about it. He knew very well she had little money. He decided not to go home at once, as he looked sad and his mother would notice it. So he went to the park and sat on the grass. There he saw a boy moving a wheelchair with his hands. Tom looked at him and was surprised to see that the boy had no feet. He looked at his own feet. “It’s much better to be without shoes than without feet. ”he thought. There was no reason for him to feel so sorry and sad. He went away and smiled, thinking he was happier.
56. Tom passed the shop _________.
A. on footB. by bikeC. in a wheelchairD. by bus
57. That pair of shoes Tom liked was _______.
A. too cheap B. too large for him C. not sold yet D. not there
58. Why did Tom go to the park? Because ________.
A. many nice shoes were sold there B. he wanted to play there for a while
C. he wanted to see his disabled friend D. he didn’t want to make his mother worried
59. We can learn from the story that Tom ________.
A. liked new shoes very much B. loved his mother very much
C. didn’t want to stay at home D. had no feet
What’s the most important thing for you to have in your life? Someboy mentions hard-work, others suggest knowledge, love and luck.
If you arrange the 26 English letters alphabetically(按字母表的顺序)and use numbers to represent each of them, for example, 1 for a, 2 for b, 3 for c…, you can change an English word into a number. So hard-work becomes 8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11=98, meaning 98 is its mark; knowledge: 11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5=96, while love :12+15+22+5=54, and luck : 12+21+3+11=47, a small mark. None of these words can give one a full mark. What about money or prayer(祈祷)? They can’t , either.
Then what else? Don’t be worried. You can always find an answer to a problem in your life, when you change your way of looking at things or doing things, or your attitude(态度).Yes, attitude is the word. See for yourself: attitude:1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5=100，a full mark.
Different attitudes lead to different courses of life. Most times people hope for a better life. It is possible that one will have a change for the betterr after one has changed one’s attitude.
When you change your manner and became friendly towards others, you’ll meet more smiling faces towards you.In the same way, if you take a positive(积极地)attitude towards failure(失败),you’ll find it’s also rewarding though it has caused you losses.
60.In the writer’s opinion , what is the most important things in a person’s life?
A.Hard-work. B.Knowledge. C.Money. D.Attitude.
61.According to the passage, if you meet with problems, the best way out is to _________.
A. ask for helpf from others B.say your prayers to God
C.change your attitude D.try maths-solving methods
62.From the passage we can learn that ______________.
A.diffrent attitudes come from different courses of life.
B.mathematics can solve every problem easily in our daily life
C.failure sometimes can bring you good if you take a positive attitude
D.none of the English words except “attitude” equals to 100 or more
In 1812, in a village near Paris, France, a little boy had a terrible accident. He hit himself in the eye with one of his father"s sharp tools, and became blind. His name was Louis Braille, and he was only four years old.
He was a clever little boy, and he soon learned to “see” without his eyes. He touched things, or smelled them, or tasted them. His family described things to him. Although he couldn"t see people"s faces, he learned to recognize their voices.
After his seventh birthday, Louis went to the little school in the village. But there weren"t any books for him. His classmates read his lessons to him and his sisters helped him with his homework. He learned his lessons well, but he couldn’t learn to read or write.
In 1819, the village priest (牧师) told Louis Braille"s story to the director of a famous school for blind boys. At this school, boys learned math, grammar, geography, history, and music. And they learned to read!
Louis went to the school in Paris in February, 1819. He loved his classes and received high grades. He learned to play the piano and to knit (编织) hats and sweaters. And he learned to read — with his fingers!
The raised-print letters in the books at school stood up from the surface of the paper. Louis could feel them with his fingers. He was able to recognize some of them easily, but some of them were difficult. The letters had to be very large, and sometimes there were only a few letters on a page. The books were huge and heavy. And they were expensive. There were only fourteen books in the school library!
Louis read the three or four books for his class again and again. He tried to think of a better way to make books for blind people. He experimented with new alphabets.
After about three years, Louis invented a system of raised dots. The other students thought Louis"s system was wonderful. They were able to read it easily, and they learned to write, too.
Today, there are thousands of Braille books for blind people.
Louis Braille was only fifteen years old when he invented his wonderful system!
63. Without his eyes, he could also “see” by _________ .
A. touching things B. smelling or tasting things
C. trying to recognize people"s voices D. all the above ways
64. He went to _________ in February, 1819.
A. a famous school for blind boys in Paris B. a music school for blind people
C.a private school for blind people D a school for blind people far away from Paris
65. Louis Braille became famous because he invented ____ .
A. the English alphabet B. a system of raised dots to make books for blind people
C. books for blind people to learn maths D. grammar books for blind people
66. The main idea of this passage is that ____.
A. Louis was a good student at the school in Paris
B. he learned to “see” with the help of books
C. he invented a system of raised dots to make books easier for blind people to read
D. there are thousands of Braille books for blind people
A Solar-powered Plane---Lowcarbon
Earlier this month, a solar-powered (太阳能动力的)plane called Lowcarbon took off to the sky for the first time. It has passed an important test on the way to travel around the world.
Lowcarbon took off from an airport in Switzerland(瑞士)at 45 km an hour. It slowly rose into the sky.
“There has never been an airplane so big, so light, using so little energy,” said Bertrand Piccard, a leader of the project.
During the 90-minute flight, Lowcarbon did several turns. It climbs nearly 1.6 km above the countryside.
Engineers plan to test a night flight in July. Then they will use the results of the tests to build a second plane. They plan to travel around the world in that plane in 2012. “We want to fly it day and night with no fuel,” Piccard said.
Piccard and pilot Andre Borschberg will take Lowcarbon around the world .They will make a few stops to change places and rest after a long time in the air----and to show off their aircraft.
Lowcarbon flies at 70 kph on average(平均). That is faster than a bike and slower than a car. The pilots will keep it in the air for up to five days at a time.
We Are One---“Expo Through My Eyes”
Sharing offers you more happiness. To celebrate the 2010 Shanghai World Expo, China Daily invites you to share what you’ve seen, heard and experienced at the 6-month international event or Expo-related stories in English. Whether you are an Expo volunteer, a reporter, or a tourist , we’d like you to share with us your Expo experience, as seen through your eyes. So if you would like to contribute(投稿)，please join us today in sharing the joy!
Topic: 2010 Shanghai World Expo
Language: English only
Length: No more than 1,000 words-
Content: Stories with photos are necessary.
Duration: May 1,2010---October 31,2010
Reward: In addition to the satisfaction of supporting our work,
---your stories will be published on China Daily’s website;
---you will go in a lucky draw for a prize.
67.Which of the following information about the plane Lowcarbon is NOT true?
A. It can fly at 70 km an hour. B.It is solar –powered.
C.It has passed a night-flight test. D.It is slower than a car.
68.Lowcarbon is a special plane because________________.
A.it’s made in Switzerlland B.it has travelled around the world
C.it can do turns in the sky D.it’s big and light, but uses little enegy
69.The purpose of the second article is to________________.
A.encourage us to visit Shanghai Expo
B.ask us to be volunteers for Shanghai Expo
C.invite us to write stories about Shanghai Expo
D.tell us to get the lucky prize of Shanghai Expo
70.Your stories about the 2010 Shanghai Expo for China Daily___________.
A.can be in Chinese B.don’t need to have photos
C.must be given by post D.should be handed in by e-mail
第II卷 (非选择题 共三节，学习35分)
Maybe you are an average student. You probably think you will never be a top student. This is not necessary so, however. Anyone can become a better student if he or she wants to. Here’s how:
1. Plan your time carefully. When you plan your week, you should make a list of things that you have to do. After making this list, you should make a schedule of your time. First your time for eating, sleeping, dressing, etc. then decide a good, regular time for studying. Don’t forget to set aside enough time for entertainment. A weekly schedule may not solve all your problems, but it will force you to realize what is happening to your time.
2. Find a good place to study. Look around the house for a good study area. Keep this space, which may be a desk or simply a corner of your room, free of everything but study materials. No games, radios, or television! When you sit down to study, concentrate on the subject.
3. Make good use of your time in class. Take advantage of class time to listen to everything the teachers say. Really listening in class means less work later. Taking notes will help you remember what the teacher says.
4. Study regularly. When you get home from school, go over your notes. Review the important points that your teacher mentioned in class. If you know what your teacher is going to discuss the next day, read that material will become more meaningful, and you will remember it longer.
5. Develop a good attitude about tests. The purpose of a test is to show what you have learned about a subject. They help you remember your new knowledge. The world won’t end if you don’t pass a test, so don’t be overly worried.
There are other methods that might help you with your studying. You will probably discover many others after you have tried these.
How to become a better student
General methodHow toAdvantage
Plan your time carefullyMake a list Force you to realize(77) ____ is happening to your time
Make a (71) ______
Find a good place to study Free of everything but study (72) ______You can (78) ______on the subject
Make good use of your time in class Listen to everything the teachers sayReally listening in class means (79) ______ work later
Taking (73) ______
Study regularly Go over your notes
(74) ____ new material Help you understand it better, remember it longer
Develop a good (75)______about tests Don’t be (76) ______ worried Remember your new
81. If anyone knows this kind man, please contact me through the newspaper so I can thank him ________________. (亲自/当面)
82. Thanks to the map, I could get to my _______(目的地) easily.
83. Volunteers were asked not to eat or drink before these _________(实验) began.
84. Try and stay in groups, as sharks usually _____(避开) large numbers of people.
85. Although our sense of sight is overused, our senses of touch and smell have been
86. Helen has made great p______ in English with the help of her teacher.
87. While sleeping, wear a nightshirt that is pleasant to touch---- it will make us sleep d_______.
88. All of a s______, I heard a loud noise ring out through the cold air.
89. Sharks can smell blood over a long d__________.
90. To tell the t_____, the fog is too thick for the bus to run that far in London.
I’d like to thank you for your kind help in the terrible fog on my first day in London.
56-59 ACDB 60-62 DCC 63-66 DABC 67-70 CDCD
71.schedule 72.materials 73.notes 74.Read 75. attitude
76 overly 77 what 78. concentrate / focus 79 .less 80. knowledge
VI 单词拼写 (10*0.5=5分)
81 personally 82 destination 83 experiments 84 avoid 85 ignored
86 progress 87 deeply 88 sudden 89 distance 90 truth
VI 书面表达: (20分)
One possible version:
I’d like to thank you for your kind help in the terrible fog on my first day in London. It was your kindness that made me feel safe.
August 25, which was my first day in London, is an unforgettable day for me. On stepping on the land of London, I found myself caught in a terrible fog. I was at a loss and couldn’t find the way to my school. I was so frightened that I could hear my heart beating fast. Just at that time, you spoke to me and offered help. You took my hand and led me confidently to my school. On the way, you encouraged me how and then, which helped me get rid of fear. I wouldn’t have found my school so quickly without your help.