Book 3 Unit 1 名词性从句 (专练一)
1. Evidence came up _____ specific speech sounds are recognized by babies as young as six months old.
A. which B. what C. that D. when
2. I haven’t decided _____ hotel to stay at.
A. which B. what C. at which D. where
3. ______surprises most of us.
A. Wolves are afraid of us
B. The fact that wolves afraid men
C. The fact that wolves are afraid of men
D. Wolves’ afraid of men
4. The announcement ______all flight were cancelled because of bad weather greatly distressed the waiting passengers.
A. that B. which C. why D. of which
5. The question is ______can be put into practice.
A. how you have learned
B. how what you have learned
C. that why you have learned
D. how that you have learned
6. A hinge joint is _______ permits the forwards and backward movement of a door.
A. that B. what C. those D. which
7. One reason why Hamlet is such a successful play is that _______.
A. it appeals differently to people
B. different people are appealed
C. it appeals to many different people
D. people find it appealing to them very much
8. A more important question is ______these ideas are well or ill founded.
A. where B. when C. how D. whether
9. I think it is _____you are doing too much.
A. because of B. because C. because that D. because for
10. No one could understand _______.
A. that he was talking about
B. what he was talking about
C. he was talking about
D. which he was talking
11. I knew nothing about his journey ______ he was likely to be away for three months.
A. if B. in that C. except that D. which
12. The fact ______ doctors recommend that children with hypertension drink coffee is surprising.
A. what B. is that C. that D. of
13. _______ is no reason for discharging her.
A. Because she was a few minutes late
B. Owing to a few minutes being late
C. The fact that she was a few minutes late
D. Being a few minutes late
14. I have no doubt ______ he will overcome all his difficulties.
A. whether B. when C. that D. if
15. The old gentleman never fails to help ______is in need of his help.
A. who B. whoever C. one D. whomever
16. “Is there any particular dessert you would like have?” “_____ you select is all right with me .”
A. Whatever B. Which C. That D. Whichever
17. _______ some mammals came to live in the sea is not known.
A. That B. What C. How D. Since
18. _______is his own decision.
A. When he is leaving B. When he leaves
C. When does he leave D. He leaves
19. The people at the party were worried about Janet because no one was aware ________ she had gone.
A. of where B. of the place C. the place D. the place where
20. ________ is of no concern to us.
A. It rain or not B. If or not it rains
C. Whether it rains or not D. Will it rain or not
二、用适当的连接词填空。(what, that, who, whom, whose, which, how, when, where, whatever, whoever, whomever, whichever, however, whenever, wherever, whether, why, because)
1. ________ he said has nothing to do with this task.
2. ________ breaks the law deserves a fine.
3. Take _______ much you want whenever you want to.
4. The question remains _______ we should accept their invitation.
5. Free movie tickets will be sent to _______ come first.
6. She is in doubt ________ she accepts your advice.
7. I don"t doubt ________ he"ll come.
8. It worried her a bit ____ her hair was turning grey.
9. It is generally considered unwise to give a child ____ he or she wants.
10. Why the explosion occurred was ________ the laboratory attendant had been careless.
1. If she comes or not doesn’t concern me.
2. Whoever was responsible for the accident is not yet clear.
3. We never doubt whether he is honest.
4. You must give it back to whomever is the owner of it.
5. I feel it a terrible thing which my mother should have to toil so endlessly.
6. The fact is what he didn’t notice the car until too late.
7. The reason why he was late was because he didn’t catch the early bus.
8. Your brother’s health is not which it used to be.
9. Obviously there was little probability which they would succeed, but they didn’t mind.
10. The proposal has been put forward what the flight should be cancelled.
Book 3 Unit 1 名词性从句 (专练一)(答案)
1-5 CACAB 6-10 BCDBB
11-15 CCCCB 16-20 ACAAC
1.What 2.whoever 3. however 4. whether 5.whoever
6.whether 7.that 8. that 9.whatever 10.that
1.If改成Whether 2.Whoever 改成Who 3.whether改成 that 4.whomever改成 whoever 5.which改成 that 6.what 改成that 7.because 改成that 8.which改成 what
9.which 改成that 10.what 改成that