高一英语Unit2 Working the land单元测试题及答案
1. What’s the food like?
A. Very bad. B. Not good. C. Pretty good.
2. What are the two speakers doing?
A. They are having a meeting.
B. They are talking on the phone.
C. They are listening to the radio.
3. What are the two speakers going to do?
A. Find out what the weather will be like tomorrow.
B. Play in the park.
C. Take a walk around the lake.
4. What does the woman mean?
A. She’s too busy to help the man today.
B. She’ll finish the report by noon.
C. She will have time later on the day.
5. What are the two speakers doing?
A. They are climbing stairs.
B. They are walking down the hill.
C. They are talking about the lift.
6. Where was the woman born?
A. In Wuhan. B. In Shanghai. C. In Beijing.
7. Which city does the woman like best?
A. Beijing. B. Wuhan. C. Shanghai.
8. How many years have passed since the man graduated from university?
A. 40. B. 24. C. 16.
9. What kind of movie is going to be shown?
A. A love movie. B. A kungfu movie.
C. A detective movie.
10. How does Grace like the kungfu movie?
A. She thinks it’s great.
B. She doesn’t like it at all.
C. She enjoys it very much and plans to see it.
11. Who will not go to see the movie?
A. Grace. B. The man.
C. Grace and the man.
12. Why did the woman call the man?
A. To see what’s wrong with him.
B. To say hello to him.
C. To ask him to play tennis with her.
13. What’s wrong with the man?
A. He hurt his feet.
B. He got a cold.
C. He does not know how to play tennis.
14. When will the woman call the man again?
A. Next weekend. B. Later this week.
C. Later next week.
15. What’s the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. Teacher and student.B. Doctor and patient.
16. What’s the weather like?
A. Fine. B. Rainy. C. Cloudy.
17. What can we know about John?
A. He may have caught a bad cold.
B. He is not wearing enough clothes.
C. He has only one blanket on his bed.
18. Who do you think the listeners might be?
A. Nurses. B. Doctors. C. Patients.
19. Which is NOT allowed in the wards?
A. Having soft drinks.
B. Visiting patients in the morning.
C. Smoking in certain areas.
20. What program will follow this radio talk?
A. A music program.B. A medical report.
C. Hospital rules.
21. If you blood badly, your hands and feet will get cold easily.
A. passes B. crosses C. circulates D. circles
22. --- Shall I open the window to let some fresh air in?
--- No, .
A. I’d rather not B. I’d rather you not
C. I’d rather you didn’t D. I’d like not to
23. He got completely when he saw both Lucy and Lily, who are twin sisters.
A. confusing B. confused C. confuse D. confuses
24. The professor referred to yesterday.
A. come B. came C. coming D. comes
25. He insisted that he from heart trouble, but I didn’t think so.
A. should suffer B. has suffered C. suffers D. was suffering
26. It is generally considered unwise to give a child he or she wants.
A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever
27 --- What happened to your shoes?
--- They want .
A. to mend B. being mended C. mending D. mended
28. The boy is only five years old, but he is quite used the telephone.
A. to answer B. to answering C. of answering D. by answering
29. The officers narrowly escaped in the hot battle.
A. have killed B. to kill C. to be killed D. being killed
30. It isn’t quite that the director will be present at the meeting tomorrow.
A. sure B. right C. certain D. exact
31. Did you find impossible for him to tell the truth?
A. this B. it C. that D. what
32. my English teacher, I have become what I am.
A. Thanks for B. Thank to C. Thanks to D. Thank for
33. The house rent is expensive. I’ve got about half the space I had at home and I’m paying here.
A. as three times much B. as much three times
C. much as three times D. three times as much
34. When I said that some people are stupid I was not you.
A. talking to B. referring to C. turning to D. listening to
35. Do you know that with wise men improves your mind?
A. chat B. Chats C. chatted D. chatting
A long time ago, there was an emperor(皇帝). One day he told his horseman that if he could ride on his horse and 36 as much land area as he liked, he would give him the area of land he had covered. 37 enough, the horseman quickly jumped onto his horse and 38 as fast as possible to cover as much land area as he could. He 39 riding and riding, whipping the horse to go as fast as possible. Even when he was 40 or tired, he did not stop 41 he wanted to cover as much area as possible. When he at last covered a large amount of land, he was exhausted and was 42 . Then he asked himself, “Why did I 43 myself so hard to cover so much land area? Now I am dying and I only 44 a very small area to 45 myself.”
The above story is 46 to the journey of our 47 . We push ourselves very hard every day to make more 48 , to gain power or recognition. We neglect(疏忽，忘记) our 49 , time with our family and to appreciate(欣赏) the surrounding 50 and the things we love to do. One day 51 we look back, we will 52 that we don’t really need that much, 53 then we cannot turn back time for what we have 54 .
Life is not about making money. Life is definitely(肯定地) not about work! Work is only 55 to keep us living so as to enjoy the beauty and pleasures of life.
36. A. use B. cover C. work D. get
37. A. Good B. Strange C. Sure D. Interesting
38. A. rode B. ran C. expanded D. struggled
39. A. kept on B. asked for
C. gave up D. succeeded in
40. A. sad B. excitedC. confused D. hungry
41. A. but B. so C. because D. if
42. A. sleeping B. arguingC. dying D. smiling
43. A. push B. make C. destroy D. prove
44. A. need B. have C. find D. show
45. A. live B. bury C. support D. sleep
46. A. useful B. certain C. similarD. special
47. A. future B. pastC. historyD. life
48. A. friends B. progressC. discoveriesD. money
49. A. health B. career C. honor D. freedom
50. A. things B. condition C. peopleD. beauty
51. A. before B. when C. unless D. since
52. A. realize B. regret C. apologize D. explain
53. A. or B. until C. however D. but
54. A. saved B. missed C. reduced D. won
55. A. possible B. probable C. necessary D. suitable
Personal computers and the Internet give people new choices about how to spend their time.
Some may use this freedom to share less time with certain friends or family members, but new technology will also let them stay in closer touch with those they care most about. I know this from personal experience.
E-mail makes it easy to work at home, which is where I now spend most weekends and evenings. My working hours aren’t necessarily much shorter than they once were but I spend fewer of them at the office. This lets me share more time with my young daughter than I might have if she’d been born before electronic mail became such a practical tool.
The Internet also makes it easy to share thoughts with a group of friends. Say you do something fun see a great movie perhaps-and there are four or five friends who might want to hear about it. If you call each one, you may tire of telling the story.
With E-mail, you just write one note about your experience, at your convenience, and address it to all the friends you think might be interested. They can read your message when they have time, and read only as much as they want to. They can reply at their convenience, and you can read what they have to say at your convenience.
E-mail is also an inexpensive way stay in close touch with people who live far away. More than a few parents use E-mail to keep in touch, even daily touch, with their children off at college.
We just have to keep in mind that computers and the Internet offer another way ofstaying in touch. They don’t take the place of any of the old ways.
56. The purpose of this passage is to ________.
A. explain how to use the Internet
B. describe the writer’s joy of keeping up with the latest technology
C. tell the merits(价值) and usefulness of the Internet
D. introduce the reader to basic knowledge about personal computers and the Internet
57. The use of E-mail has made it possible for the writer to ________.
A. spend less time working
B. have more free time with his child
C. work at home on weekends
D. work at a speed comfortable to him
58. According to the writer, E-mail has an obvious advantage over the telephone because the former helps one ________.
A. reach a group of people at one time conveniently
B. keep one’s communication as personal as possible
C. pass on much more information than the later
D. get in touch with one’s friends faster than the later
Dr David Weeks has spent years studying these so-called “Superyoung” people. Now the reporter(R) is interviewing Dr Weeks(DW).
R: Dr Weeks, could you start by telling us exactly what you mean by the expression “Superyoung”?
DW: Yes, well, I mean a lucky group of people who actually look and feel as much as 18 years younger than they really are.
R: Is looking younger than our age just a question of our genes?
DW: Well, of course it’s one of the important things. But we have many other things to think about. My study has shown, for example, that a happy life is quite important. They often have friendships with people younger than themselves too.
R: And do the “Superyoung” have a lot of children?
DW: No, in fact the opposite. Our study showed that 15% of the “Superyoung” don’t have children at all and those that have children usually have small families, one or two children at most.
R: Is lifestyle important?
DW: Yes, the “Superyoung” usually sleep very well and have usual or even low blood pressure. Our study showed that they travel more often and when they do travel they often travel further. Generally speaking, they are also people who read more and watch less TV than the rest of us.
R: And do they do a lot of exercise or sport?
DW: Yes, in fact we found that they are the kind of people who prefer to do sport rather than watch sport. A strange fact we discovered is that they prefer the sports one person does such as swimming or walking to playing team sports such as football.
The meaning of “Superyoung”59. ______________
looking young60. _______________
a good lifestyle
looking young63. _______________
do a lot of sport
66. A ________ (化学的) change takes place in paper when it burns.
67. We must r________ ourselves of these old ideas.
68. Not having had food for over forty hours, we were all weak from h_________.
69. Because of the heavy rain the l________ of the lake has risen 6 inches.
70. It was a new form of ________ (细菌) and nobody knew how it would affect humans.
71. The cookies are made from g________ and fruit.
72. Farmers consider rabbits to be p________, because they destroy some crops they grow.
73. The violent film is not ________(合适的) for children.
74. This food provides the ________(营养) your dog needs.
75. The average ________(产量) of the factory is 20 cars a day.
76. With the help of a good teacher, John made great progress in his English study last term.
______ ______ a good teacher, John made great progress in his English study last term.
77. After ten years in prison, he was set free.
After ten years in prison, he was given his ______.
78. The library provides readers with books.
The library ______ books ______ readers.
79. It is certain that she is fit for the job.
She ______ ______ ______ be fit for the job.
80. It is a good habit to get up early.
______ ______ ______ ______ a good habit. www.xkb1.com
satisfy, supply, lead, would rather , struggle, whatever, confuse, work, rid, sunburn, prefer to, certain
There was an old goat that grew a lot of cabbages. He gathered in all his cabbages with the help of two rabbits. Then he gave each of them ten cabbages to express his thanks. But the goat got 81 when he found that one of them was very happy while the other was not that happy. So the goat asked him, “You are not 82 with this?”
“No, no. Thank you very much for the cabbages. But if I have a choice I would 83 choose something else,” said the rabbit.
“Ok, you can choose 84 you like from what I have.”
“I wonder if you can teach me to grow cabbages,” the rabbit said. “I often can’t get enough food to eat. If I want to 85 a good life, I must grow something of my own. So, I 86 learn to work the land from you than just accept your cabbages.”
“ 87 the land is not that easy. In spring, you must 88 the land of grass; in summer, your skin will be 89 working in the field and in autumn, you must 90 against bad weather to get in your crops. Did you really decide to do so?” the goat asked.
“Yes. I’ve made up my mind.”
With the help of the goat, one year later, the rabbit got a lot of cabbages of his own.
93. 我们正在努力消除我们国家的贫困。(rid ... of)
94. 再别提这件事了，关于它我一个字也不想听到。(refer to)
假设你是班长，请你用英语写一篇口头通知，向同学们介绍新华书店正在出售的一本名为“Expressions in English Conversation”的新书。要点如下：
Unit 2 听力材料及参考答案
W: Do you have all your meals in the dining hall?
M: No, just lunch.
W: How is the food?
M: Oh, not bad.
M: Hello, is that Mary?
W: Yes, speaking. Just a moment, let me turn the radio down.
M: What’s the weather like today?
W: It’s beautiful.
M: Shall we take a walk around the lake?
W: Why not? Let’s go now.
M: Would you have some free time to look at this report for me?
W: I’m kind of busy now. How about this afternoon?
W: Oh, dear. I wish we had taken the lift.
M: If I had known it was so far up, I wouldn’t have suggested walking.
M: Were you born in Beijing?
W: No, I was born in Wuhan in fact.
M: Oh, were you?
W: Yes, I grew up there and then I moved here in Shanghai when I was eighteen.
M: Which city do you like best?
W: Well, I’ ve been to Beijing several times. It’s a wonderful place. Wuhan is nice, too. But Shanghai is my favourite. That’s why I live here.
M: Really this is an exciting city. I insisted on coming back after I graduated from Beijing University. Then I was twenty-four. Now I’m forty.
M: Grace, quick, if you don’t hurry, we’re going to miss the beginning of the kungfu movie.
W: So what?
M: Don’t you want to watch it? 新课标第一网
W: Not really. I couldn’t care less about kungfu movies.
M: You should have told me earlier. Now I’m going without you.
W: Hello. Is this Russell?
M: Yes, it is.
W: This is Vicky. I didn’t recognize your voice.
M: I’ve got a cold. I probably sound different.
W: You sure do. Are you really sick?
M: No. But I’ve got a sore throat and a headache.
W: That’s too bad. I was calling to see if you wanted to play tennis next weekend.
M: I really can’t say right now. Would you mind calling back later in the week?
W: Sure, no problem. But I hope you can make it. I’ve really improved. You’re not going to believe it.
M: You’re right. I don’t.
(Text 9) xkb1.com
W: Hello, John. How are you feeling now?
W: Shall I open the window? It’s a lovely day.
M: No, thank you, Susan. I’m cold.
W: Shall I put the fire on?
M: Yes, please. Will you turn it up high?
W: Are you sure? It’s very warm here.
M: I feel very cold. Will you get me another blanket, please?
W: Here you are. Shall I put it on the bed?
M: No. Put it round my shoulders, please.
M: What’s the matter, Susan?
W: Will you pass me some tissue paper, please?
Hello, listeners. Welcome to Hengtong Hospital Radio. Before our music program at four, I’m going to repeat some of our hospital rules.
The hospital can sleep 800 patients. There are on average 8 beds in one ward. The visiting hours are in the afternoon from 2:30 to 3:30 and in the evening from 7:00 to 8:00.
You can see the no smoking sign — we don’t allow smoking in the wards, and the same goes for alcoholic drinks. I’m sure you understand why. However, if you do need to smoke, there are special areas where it is allowed.
You will find the radio switch on the wall near your bed, with your own headphones, if you want to listen. It is our own hospital radio wishing you a speedy recovery.
1-5 CBCCA 6-10 ACCBB
11-15 ACBBC 16-20 AACBA
21-25 C B B B D 26-30 B C B D C
31-35 B C D B D
41-45 CCAAB 46-50 CDDAD
51-55 BADBC 56-58 CBA
59. a group of people who look and feel much younger than they really are
61. a happy life xkb1.com
62. have no children or have a small family
63. sleep well
64. travel more often, and further as well
65. read more and watch less TV
66.chemical 67.rid 68.hunger 69. level 70. bacteria
71. grain 72. pests 73. suitable 74. nutrition 75. output
76. Thanks to / Because of 77. freedom
78. supplies ; to / for 79. is certain / sure to
80. Getting up early is 81. confused
82. satisfied 83. prefer to
84. whatever 85. lead
86. would rather 87. Working
88. rid 89. sunburnt 90. struggle
91. Whatever happens, I’ll never forget you.
92. John exchanged gifts with Mary at Christmas.