高一英语Unit1 Women of achievement课堂练习题
Unit 1 Women of achievement
1. Nothing can prevent him from a his ambition.
2. We a with the waiter about the price of the meal.
3. Drivers should o the speed limit so that they will arrive home safe. .
4. So far, we have achieved many great __________ (成就).
5. There seems to be no __________ (关系) between the two things.
6. Zhou Yang (激励)great respect in all Chinese people.
7. He had to do an extra job after work, for he had a big family to s_________.
8. A man with good manners always b__________ well.
9. In our office almost everyone is for the anti-smoking c .
10. They c around the teacher to ask questions.
1. The film I saw yesterday is worthwhile ____________________________.( 再看一遍)
2. Come on, you will one day.(实现目标)
3. Only when the exam is over __________________________.(只是在考试结束他才能放松自己。)
4. The boy last night.(举止很得体)
5. He himself the right of the homeless children. (奉献)
1.The astronomer____the stars all his life and made great achievements in astronomy.
A. notice B.observed C.watch D.saw
2. When the dog observed a stranger into his house with two big empty bags, it barked wildly at him. .
A. to go B.go C.going D.gone
3. All the students were _________ by the headmaster’s ________ speech.
A. inspired; inspired B. inspired; inspiring
C. inspiring; inspired D. inspiring; inspiring
4. Hen Nan Meseum is well a visit.
A. worthwhile B. worth of C. worthy of D. worthy
5. She argued him _____ the decision to move to the countryside.
A. on B. with C. f or D. into
6. He had to do an extra job after work, for he had a big family to ______.
A. look at B. observe C. support D. struggle for
7. Only when your ideantity has been checked, ______.
A. you are allowed in B. you will be allowed in
C. will you allow in D. will you be allowed in
8. We all feel happy for Mr. Green when he finally ______ success.
A. completed B. achieved C. got D. won
9. We went to the concert ______ my son, for he would perform there.
A. in search of B. in charge of C. in honor of D. in support of
10. Not until all the fish died in the river ______ how serious the pollution was.
A. did the villagers realize B. the villagers realized
C. the villagers did realize D. didn’t the villagers realize
Learning about Language
1. We each _____ (have )strong points and each of us on the other hand (have)______ weak points.
2. A library with five thousand books ______(be) offered to the nation as a gift.
3. The police _______(be) determined to bring back the missing boy when his family ______ (have) almost given up all hope.
4. In this institution a medal together with a prize of certain sum of money _____ (be) given to whoever gains success in science and technology every two years.
5. You should try Larry and kevin"s restaurant because theirs _____ (be) the best in the city.
6. Only one of the students who (be) present (be) to speak at the meeting .
7. When and where to go for the on-salary holiday ________ (have) not been decided yet.
8. The pilot as well as four of the passengers ______ (have) been escaped death .
9. Either Tom or Jane did ________(his/her) homework in the classroom .
A. their B. theirs C. his D.
10. Reading magazines and novels ________ (be) helpful.
1. One and a half bananas _________on the table.
A. are left B. is left C. have left D. has left
2. Some of the oranges _________ turned bad. Some of the milk _________ turned sour (酸).
A. have; has B. have; have C. has; have D. have; is
3. Each student _________ got an English- Chinese dictionary. The students each ________ a dictionary.
A. have; has B. has; have C. have; have D. has; has
4. Either the judge or the lawyers ___________ wrong. Either you or he _________ to blame.
A. is; are B. are; is C. are; are D. is; is
5. His family _________ all very well. His family _________ a “ five good” one.
A. are; is B. is; is C. are; are D. is; are
6. My blue trousers _________ worn out. One pair of trousers ________ not enough.
A. is; are B. are; are C. is; is D. are; is
7. The girl as well as his parents _____ a bike. Not only the students but also the professor ______ surprised at Mary’s answer.
A. have; was B. have; were C. has; was D. has; were
8. Every man worker and every woman worker ______ free medical care. At Christmas each boy and each girl ______ given a present.
A. enjoy; is B. enjoy; are C. enjoys; is D. enjoys; are
9. This kind of snakes _________ very dangerous. These kinds of metal ________ hard to find.
A. is; is B. are; is C. is; are D. are; are
10. The news at six o’clock ___________ not true. Those pieces of news ___________ to be broadcasted.
A. are; is B. are; are C. is; are D. is; is
11. Not only the whole nation, but the whole Europe , indeed the whole human society ______ to alter its attitude to racial problems.
A. need B. needs C. has a need D. have a need
12. Getting to other planets or to the moon _____ many problems.
A. involve B. involves C. involving D. to involve
13. In that country, the rich ______ richer, the poor, poorer.
A. become B. has become C. becomes D. is becoming
14. The project requires more labor than ______ because it is extremely difficult.
A. has been put in B. have been put in C. being put in D. to be put in
15. Not one in one hundred children exposed to the disease ______ likely to develop it.
A. should be B. must be C. is D. are
1. The president of Toyota _________(发表)a speech on TV and apologized for the brake mistakes they made.
2. If what I said hurt you, it was quite without _______(意图).
3. Most people walk at an average ________(速率) of 5 kilometres an hour.
4. Your teacher will take it into __________(考虑) that you were ill when taking exams.
5. Some students (选择)to join the army after graduation.
intend for come across refer to care for devote... to...
1. I an old friend in Zhengfeng Yuan this month.
2. What I have to say ________ to all of you.
3. This book young learners.
4. He is good at the animals.
5. He his life the human progress.
1.We can ______ goods to your door.
A. pass B. cross C. deliver D. release
2. He is so ______ to his English teaching that I admire him for his ______.
A. devote; devote B. deveting; devotion C. devoted; devotion D. devoted; devote
3. The flowers ______ my mother, but my sister thought they were for her and took them.
A. were intended for B. intended for C. intended to give D. intended giving
4. —Would you ______ a cup of tea?
A. care for B. care about C. care of D. take care of
5. It is difficult to ______ the discussion with all this noise around us.
A. carry about B. carry on C. carry off D. carry through
6. I failed in the final examination last term and only then ______ the important studies.
A. I realized B. I had realized C. had I realized D. did I realize
7. ______ he knew nothing about this subject.
A. He seemed B. It seemed to be C. He seemed that D. It seemed that
8. Although the working mother is very busy, she still ______ a lot of time to children.
A. devotes B. spends C. offers D. provides
9. ______ to his research, he spares no time to spend a weekend.
A. Devoting B. Devoted C. Caught D. Lost
10. The headmaster will have the opening speech ______ by a student.
A. deliver B. delivered C. delivering D. to deliver