1. That young Swedish __________ quite still, except that his lips moved slightly.
A. kept B. grew C. got D. stood
2. In late autumn leaves __________ brown.
A. get B. turn C. stand D. come
3. Little Jim’s speech sounds __________.
A. friendly B. wonderfully C. pleasantly D. nicely
4. The poor boy __________ blind at the age of three.
A. turned B. went C. became D. looked
5. As a child, Frank __________.
A. was alive B. grew patience C. ran wild D. came true
6. In spring, all the flowers in the garden __________ sweet.
A. become B. taste C. smell D. sound
7. She __________ like her mother in character.
A. feels B. seems C. looks D. is
8. It __________ another fine day tomorrow.
A. seems B. appears C. promises D. looks
9. His father __________ that older than he really is.
A. grows B. appears C. turns D. becomes
10. His girlfriend __________ a singer.
A. has turned B. grew C. has becomeD. turned
11. Obviously, the old soldier’s knowledge of English __________ very weak.
A. seems B. raised C. remained D. looked
12. His mother __________ teacher.
A. became B. has turned C. came D. proved
13. It sounds __________ the singing of rails.
A. as B. in C. like D. as if
14. Her temperature __________ to be all right.
A. seems B. sounds C. appears D. looks
15. His wish to become a driver has __________ true.
A. realized B. come C. grown D. turned
16. His plan __________ to be a perfect one.
A. proved B. was proved C. is proving D. proving
17. When her mother came home yesterday, it was __________ dark.
A. running B. coming C. getting D. going
18. These apples taste __________.
A. to be good B. good C. to be well D. well
19. ----How about the cloth you bought yesterday? ----That’s very beautiful. It _______ so soft.
A. felt B. feels C. is feeling D. fall
20. When his brother telephoned him last night, he __________ asleep.
A. kept B. got C. fall D. fell
21. He looks __________ he hadn’t had a good meal for a month.
A. that B. as if C. when D. so far
22. It __________ that he was late for the train.
A. loops B. turns C. gets D. seems
23. What does your brother look __________?
A. as B. on C. after D. like
24. She __________ red with anger as soon as she heard the news.
A. went B. stayed C. became D. remained
25. What a lovely day! I hope it __________ fine.
A. stayed B. will stay C. will get D. turn