第一部分 听力 （共两节，学习30分）
1. What’s the weight of the woman’s dog?
A. 1.5 pounds. B. 3 pounds. C. 6 pounds.
2. Where does the conversation take place possibly?
A. In a restaurant. B. In a dinning room. C. In the woman’s office.
3. How does the woman feel about the spiders?
A. She dislikes them greatly.
B. Spiders cause her to think of her childhood.
C. She thinks spiders are good insects.
4. What are they talking about?
A. Going to a concert. B. The new cafe. C. A festival celebration.
5. What conclusion can we draw from the conversation?
A. Prof. Harrison’s course is difficult.
B. Prof. Harrison often makes mistakes.
C. It’s easy to pass the exam given by Prof. Harrison.
第二节 （共15 小题；每小题1.5分,学习22.5分）
6. Where does the conversation take place?
A. At school. B. At a birthday party. C. At the living room.
7. What did Alice tell Peter to do?
A. To cut the cake. B. To give her a present. C. To ask Joan to dance.
8. Why does the man seem troubled?
A. Because he didn’t reach the agreement with his partner.
B. Because he isn’t feeling well.
C. Because he failed to know the truth.
9. What does the woman advise the man to do?
A. To give up the plan.
B. To talk to the partner again.
C. To resolve problem quickly.
10. What does the man think is hard to learn?
A. Music. B. Grammar. C. Maths.
11. Why is the man afraid of speaking?
A. He’s afraid of the woman.
B. He’ll make mistakes.
C. He knows no languages.
12. What does the woman think of the man’s action?
A. She thinks it’s foolish and helpless.
B. It makes her disappointed.
C. It’s very clever.
13. What is Betty’s problem?
A. What kind of college to choose.
B. What kind of job to choose.
C. What hospital to choose.
14. What’s Betty’s own opinion?
A. To go to a business school.
B. To go to a medical school.
C. She has no idea.
15. Why does Mr. Black suggest an arts college?
A. Students do not have to pay.
B. Students study many subjects.
C. Students are free to choose a major any time.
16. Who is Betty going to discuss the problem with?
A. Her friends. B. Her family. C. Her teachers.
17. Which of the following did the two men not order?
A. Fish. B. Soup. C. Beef.
18. Why did the speakers go to the restaurant?
A. To have tea. B. To have coffee. C. To have lunch.
19. When did the two speakers go to the restaurant?
A. At about 1:00 p.m. B. At about 2:00 p.m. C. At about 3:00 p.m.
20. What did George want to do in the end?
A. To drink some more coffee.
B. To have some milk.
C. To have afternoon tea.
从A、B、C、D 四个选项中, 选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并用铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑。
21. --- How about going out for a picnic on Sunday morning?
--- Hmm. ______. The weather is very good these days.
A. Yes, why not B. Well, no way C. Oh, never mind D. Sure, no matter
22. The winning of hosting ______ 2010 World Expo is ______ victory not only for Shanghai residents, but for the people of the whole Chinese nation.
A. the; a B. a; the C. a; a D. the; the
23. We are making progress every day in computer science and some of the techniques are ______ very soon.
A. on the way out B. in the way out C. by the way to D. on the way towards
24. Underground railway is being built in Shenyang. We are sure to take the subway to ______ in the city in no time.
A. get through B. get around C. get together D. get over
25. Our success was largely _____ the good cooperation of all team members.
A. because B. result from C. due to D. thanks to
26. After he had played on the football field one game daily for a week, his strength seemed to have ______.
A. put out B. got out C. gone out D. run out
27. He called another girl, ______ was more suitable for the position.
A. he believed B. who he believed C. he believed she D. whom he believed
28. ______, I have to put the book away and focus my attention on study this weekend.
A. However the story is amusing B. No matter how amusing is the story
C. However amusing is the story D. No matter how amusing the story is
29. --- I will come to your lecture at 10:00 am. tomorrow.
--- I’m sorry. By then my lecture ______ and I ______ my guests in my office.
A. will end; am being met B. have ended; will meet
C. will have ended; will be meeting D. will have ended; will have met
30. At the United Nations Climate Change Conference, the UN Secretary General pointed out that, ______, the climate situation would get worse and worse.
A. if not dealing with properly B. unless dealing with properly
C. if properly dealt with D. unless properly dealt with
31. --- I’ll tell Mary about our changes tomorrow.
--- What? You ______ her yesterday.
A. ought to tellB. must have told C. might have told D. should have told
32. Some people argue that university education should be made _____ to most people, not only to good students.
A. available B. considerable C. varied D. extinct
33. The President said to the public, “______ hoped that people in the area will recover from the terrible disaster soon.”
A. This is B. There is C. That is D. It is
34. --- Which school are you studying in?
--- One which is ______ the Liaoning Teachers’ University.
A. impressed with B. attached to C. sceptical of D. involved in
35. To greatly raise people’s living conditions, _______.
A. all kinds of measures have taken
B. they have taken all kinds of measures
C. it is said that they have taken all kinds of measures
D. I think they have taken all kinds of measures
第二节 完形填空（共20 小题；每小题1.5分,学习30分）
In Twain, many people know what a “motorpool” means. It is 36 known as a place for the maintenance(维修)of official business and government cars. 37 it is a place for vehicle maintenance.
More than ten years ago I came to America on business and I took advantage of the 38 to visit my friend. My friend drove a car to 39 me at the airport, and took me to his home. Out of the 40 , my friend drove his car into the innermost 41 , which had a sign “carpool only”. I 42 what “carpool” meant. I felt doubted whether he was going to a motorpool. 43 I thought myself clever in asking:
“Is there anything wrong with the car?”
“Nothing. 44 ?” said he.
“Well then, why are you going to carpool?” I 45 .
My friend couldn’t help 46 and told me that“carpool”refers to the lane that only the cars with two or more 47 can drive in. I felt rather embarrassed on 48 that.
After dinner, my friend’s neighbor came over to ask whether he 49 “carpool” the next day. “50 ,” my friend said, “I will accompany my friend to go shopping tomorrow.” I was 51 again, wondering why he could not “carpool” with him since we had “carpooled” 52 . My friend explained to me again that the “carpool” that his neighbor 53 meant they in turn drove the car to work so as to save energy. The first “carpool” is a noun, 54 the second “carpool” is a verb. It is really 55 for newcomers in America to understand it in a short time.
36. A. commonlyB. probablyC. partlyD. simply
37. A. In generalB. In particularC. First of allD. Above of all
38. A. breakB. timeC. chanceD. place
39. A. watchB. helpC. meetD. catch
40. A. houseB. airportC. stationD. waiting-room
41. A. roadB. laneC. streetD. route
42. A. wonderedB. knewC. understoodD. learned
43. A. ForB. ThusC. ThenD. Though
44. A. HowB. WhatC. WhyD. Where
45. A. repliedB. askedC. explainedD. answered
46. A. sayingB. talkingC. laughingD. speaking
47. A. passengersB. driversC. gentlemenD. ladies
48. A. noticingB. seeingC. informingD. hearing
49. A. neededB. couldC. shouldD. would
50. A. SureB. SorryC. PardonD. Good
51. A. believedB. doubtedC. confusedD. worried
52. A. todayB. tomorrowC. yesterdayD. tonight
53. A. usedB. insistedC. learnedD. provided
54. A. asB. soC. whileD. for
55. A. interestingB. difficultC. importantD. necessary