Jack lost(丢失)his Job last week. It was difficult for him to find another
1 . 2 told him that it was possible to get a new one in a town two hundred kilometers 3 .He decided to get there 4 .So he went to the railway station and got 5 a train. He was the only one in the car(车厢). The train started. Suddenly a man came in 6 a gun and said to him,"Your money 7 your life!"Jack sat there without 8 up.
"I 9 any money,"Jack answered.
"Then why are you so afraid of me?"the man asked angrily.
"Because I 10 you were the conductor, and I didn’t buy a ticket,"answered Jack.
1、A.work B.jobs C.ones D.one
2、A.Nobody B.Somebody C.Anybody D.No one
3、A.from B.farther C.away D.off
4、A.by bike B.on foot C.by train D.by bus
5、A.off B.on C.up D.to
6、A.with B.has C.have D.there was
7、A.but B.and C.so D.or
8、A.stands B.standing C.stood D.stand
9、A.don’t have B.have no C.didn’t have D.had
10、A.know B.didn’t know C.think D.thought
1.D 2.B 3.C 4.C 5.B 6.A 7.D 8.B 9.A 10.A
Nearly everybody enjoys chicken, and the most famous name in chicken is Kentucky Fried Chicken. Mr Sanders, the man who started this ___1___ was not always very rich. At one time, he ___2___ a small gas station next to a highway (公路). Many truck drivers ___3___ there to get gas and take a rest. Mr Sanders realized they were often ___4___, so he began serving sandwiches and coffee. ___5___ the sandwiches he made tasted good, and didn’t ___6___ too much, more and more ___7___ came to eat at his place. ___8___ Mr Sanders began to serve fried chicken. People ___9___ it very much, and his new business grew rapidly. Not long after, however, another highway was ___10___, and many drivers no longer went ___11___ Mr Sanders’ restaurant. So he had to ___12___ it. Then he traveled around the country ___13___ to sell his idea of opening fried chicken restaurants. He ___14___. By 1967, there were almost 5000 Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurants. And now, ___15___ you go in the United States, you will see one. If you like chicken, I’m sure, you’ll enjoy eating Kentucky Fried Chicken.
1. A. business B. shop C. life D. search .
2. A. found B. worked C. saw D. owned
3. A. passed B. got to C. stopped D. left
4. A. late B. hungry C. tired D. sick
5. A. Although B. If C. As D. Once
6. A. need B. pay C. spend D. cost
7. A. passengers B. drivers C. students D. doctors
8. A. Then B. So C. But D. For
9. A. ate B. liked C. tried D. drank
10. A. appeared B. found C. built D. broken
11. A. out B. to C. over D. on
12. A. close B. run C. return D. take
13. A. trying B. believing C. thinking D. suggesting
14. A. failed B. fails C. succeeds D. succeeded
15. A. whenever B. wherever C. where D. when
答案1—5 ADCBC 6—10 DBABC 11—15 BAADB