1. The time when I first met Nelson Mandela was a very difficult period of my life.我初次
(1) I still remember the day when I first came to the school.
(2) The time when we got together finally came.
2. …my family could not continue to pay the school fees and the bus fare. 我的家人不能继续为我支付学费和公交费用。
[词义辨析] fee and fare
fee (职业性的咨询或服务所收)费用，报名费，会费。如doctor’s fees/a membership fee
＊Train fares are going up again.
＊Urban crowdedness would be greatly relieved if only the charges_____ on public transport were more reasonable. A) fees B) fares C) payments D) costs
3. …we have reached a stage where we have almost no rights at all.我们到达了一个完全没有权利的地步。
关系副词where在本句中引导的是地点定语从句。关系副词when, where, why的含义相当于"介词+ which"结构，因此常常和"介词+ which"结构交替使用，例如：
There are occasions when (on which) one must yield.任何人都有不得不屈服的时候。
Beijing is the place where (in which) I was born. 北京是我的出生地。
Is this the reason why (for which) he refused our offer? 这就是他拒绝我们帮助他的理由吗？
4. …only then did we decide to answer violence with violence. 只是在那时我才决定以暴制暴。
1) 句首为否定或半否定的词语，如no, not, never, seldom, little, hardly, at no time, in no way, not until… 等。Never have I seen such a performance. Nowhere will you find the answer to this question. Not until the child fell asleep did the mother leave the room.
2) 当Not until引出主从复合句，主句倒装，从句不倒装。
3) 注意： 如否定词不在句首不倒装。I have never seen such a performance. The mother didn't leave the room until the child fell asleep.