1） 简单句（Simple Sentences）：只包含一个主谓结构句子叫简单句，例如：
She is fond of collecting stamps. 她喜欢集邮。
2） 并列句（Compound Sentences）：包含两个或两个以上主谓结构的句子叫并列句，句与句之间通常用并列连词或分号来连接，例如：
The food was good, but he had little appetite.
(主) (谓) (主)(谓)
常用的连词有and,but,or not only...but also,neither...nor,either...or
五种基本句型（Basic Sentence Patterns）：英语中千变万化的句子归根结底都是由以下五种基本句型组合、扩展、变化而来的：
1）主 + 动（SV）例如：
I work. 我工作。
2）主 + 动 + 表（SVP）例如：
John is busy. 约翰忙。
3）主 + 动 + 宾（SVO）例如：
She studies English. 她学英语。
4）主 + 动 + 宾 + 补（SVOC）例如：
Time would prove me right. 时间会证明我是对的。
5）主 + 动 + 间宾 + 直宾（SVOiOd）例如：
My mother made me a new dress. 我母亲给我做了一件新衣裳。
联合并列句常由并列词and, not only…but also…..等连接
如: Use your hand, and you’ll find a way.
转折并列句常由并列连词but, while, yet, whereas, nevertheless等连接
如:I would love to have gone to the party last night but I had to work extra hours to finish a report.
选择疑问句常由并列连词or, otherwise, either…or…,等连接
如:Either you leave this house or I’ll call the police
因果并列句由并列连词so, for, therefore 等连接.
如: it was late, so we went home.
在”祈使句+and/or+陈述句”结构中,当前后两部分间为承接关系时,用and;前后意思为相反关系时,用or.可将前面的祈使句转换成由if引导的条件状语从句,但必须将and 或or 去掉.
如: Hurry up, and we’ll be there in time.= If we hurry up, we’ll be there in time.
because和so; although, though和but 不能连用
1. I don’t suppose anyone will volunteer,＿＿＿?
A. do I B. don’t I C. will they D. won’t they
2. ＿＿＿help if you can,and our country will improve
more quickly and better.
A. Giving B. Give C. Given D. To give
3. —— Lucy,you wash the dishes,＿＿＿ ?
—— Mom,can’t Lily do it? It’s her turn to do it.
A. don’t you B. can you C. shall you D. will you
4. —— I will not take an umbrella with me today.
— ＿＿＿＿＿it rains later on in the day?
A. How B. What C. How about D. What if
5. —— You ought to stay up late tonight,＿＿＿＿ you?
—— Yes. I’ve got too much homework.
A. can’t B. shouldn’t C. mustn’t D. won’t
6. Nothing can stop us from serving the people heart and soul,＿＿＿＿?
A. can it B. can’t it C. can they D. can’t they
7. There used to be a church in the small town,＿＿＿＿＿?
A. used thereB. usedn’t there
C. used it D. usedn’t it
8. —— She isn’t your neighbour, is she?
A. Yes,she isn’tB. No,she is
C. Yes,she is D. No,isn’t she
9. —— ＿＿＿＿＿＿ to be a PLA soldier when I was young.
—— And now you are.
A. How I wantedB. How did I want
C. What I wanted D. What did I want
10. Recently I bought an ancient Chinese vase,＿＿＿＿was very reasonable.
A. which priceB. the price of which
C. its price D. the price of that
11. After ten years,she changed a lot and looked different from＿＿＿she used to be.
A. that B. whom C. what D. who
12. ＿＿＿＿is known to everyone,the moon travels round the earth once every month.
A. It B. As C. That D. What
13. He’s got himself into a dangerous situation＿＿＿he is likely to lose control over the plane.
A. where B. which C. while D. why
14. Information has been put forward＿＿＿more middle school graduates will be admitted into universities.
A. while B. that C. when D. as
15. What the doctors really doubt is＿＿＿＿my mother will recover from the serious disease soon.
A. when B. how C. whether D. what
16. The students of the music school study ＿＿＿＿.
A. music but also some other subjects
B. some other subjects as well as music
C. music as well as some other subjects
D. some other subjects and music