Unit 8 When is your birthday基础知识巩固
A B C D E
F G H I J
1. February ____ 2. March ____ 3. April 4. May 5. June
6. July ________ 7. August____ 8. September ____ 9. October _____ 10. December ___
11. David is thirteen _________(年) old.
12. Today is her _________(八) birthday.
13. This is my _________(外祖母) bag.
14. Let’s _________(看) the volleyball game on TV.
15. We have an Art __________(节日) every year.
16. –When is your b__________?
–It’s May 26th
17. There are 12 m __________in a year.
18. We have an English s_________ contest on Saturday.
19. The first month of the year is J__________.
20. Can you come to my birthday P________?
21. –_________ is he?
A. H ow big B. How old C. How many D. How much
22. We have an English concert _____ July 5th each year.
A. in B. at C. on D. of
23. _______ is your Art Festival?
A. What B. When C. Which D. Who
24. The boy is only ______. Today is his _________ birthday.
A. five; five B. fifth; five C. fifth; fifth D. five; fifth
25. Sunday is the _______ day of a week.
A. third B. second C. first D. last
26. Students don’t go to school ________ Sundays.
A. in B. at C. on D. to
27. –What’s the date today?
– It’s _________.
A. Tuesday B. July 7th C. the second day of the week D. June
28. Vera ________ know when Jeff’s birthday is.
A. not B. isn’t C. don’t D. doesn’t
29. Look at the girl over there. _____ is my good friend and ______ birthday is September 11th..
A. He; his B. He; he’s C. She; her D. She; she’s
30. Our school will have a speech ________ next month.
A. game B. trip C. contest D. concert
31. –Do you have a school trip?
A. Yes, you do . B. No, I do.
C. Yes, there is. D. Sorry, I don’t know.
32. When is ________ birthday party?
A. David B. David’s C. you .D. him
33. I ________ a birthday party every year.
A. have B. get C. bring D. take
34. –_______ is this pencil case?
–It’s five yuan.
A. How many B. How much C. How old D. How
35. _____ today? It’s Monday.
A. What day is B. What’s the date C. When is D. How is
36. Do you like your school day? A. It’s in July.
37. When is the pop concert? B. It’s August fifteenth.
38. Do you have a Music Festival? C. sorry, I don’t know.
39. When is your brother’s birthday? D. Yes, I do.
40. How old is he? E. He is fourteen years old.
36._________ 37.__________ 38.__________ 39.___________ 40.__________
Today is June 4th it’s 41 fine day. It is Betty’s birthday. She comes 42 and sees a new red box on her bed. She opens 43 . There is nothing but a piece of paper 44 it! Betty takes it out and 45 : “Dear Betty. I’m your present(礼物). Come and 46 me in the front room.” Betty runs 47 front room. She finds her parents there. They look at her happily. She looks round and sees her present –a nice 48 bike. “Happy birthday. Betty.” Her parents both 49 . Betty is very happy and says: “ 50 very much.”
( ) 41. A. / B. the C. a D. an
( ) 42. A. to home B. home C. the home D. at home
( ) 43. A. box B. them C. its D. it
( ) 44. A. under B. behind C. on D. in
( ) 45. A. reading B. read C. reads D. to read
( ) 46. A. look for B. look after C. look like D. look
( ) 47. A. in the B. for the C. to the D. out the
( ) 48. A. newer B. newest C. new D. old
( ) 49. A. speak B. say C. talk D. ask
( ) 50. A. Thanks you B. Thanks a lot C. Thank D. Thank you
I’m Ann. I’m English. I’m twelve. I was born on May 17th , 1991. I learn Chinese at Beijing No.3 Middle School. I have a good friend. Her name is Lucy. She is twelve, too. We are in the same grade. But we are not in the same(同样的) class. I’m in Class Two, and she is in Class Three. We have the same Chinese teacher. Her name is Zhang Ying. We all like her. Lucy’s parents are English teachers in China. She has a sister. Her name is Lily. She is only five years old.
( )51. Ann and Lucy are _________.
A. classmates B. sisters C. brothers D. friends
( ) 52. Ann was born _____________.
A. on May 17th , 1990 B. on May 17th 1991
C. in May 17th, 1991 D. in May 17th, 1990
( ) 53. Zhang Ying is Luly’s __________ teacher.
A. English B. Chinese C. math D. music
( ) 54. Lily’s parents are in _________. They teach English.
A. England B. China C. America D. Japan
( ) 55. Lucy and ______ are in the same grade.
A. Ann B. Lily C. Zhang Ying D. her sister
Mr. Wu. Good morning, Bruce. Sit down, please. May I ask you some questions?
Bruce: Certainly. What do you want to know?
Mr. Wu: First, when were you born, Bruce?
Bruce: On June 22, 1980.
Mr. Wu. Secondly, where were you born?
Bruce: In Sydney, Australia.
Mr. Wu: Where was your father born?
Bruce: He was born in Sydney, too.
Mr. Wu. When was he born?
Bruce: Sorry, I don"t know. But I know he"s about forty years old.
Mr. Wu: I see. What does your father do?
Bruce: He"s a doctor. He works in a hospital here.
Mr. Wu: Is your mother working in China, too?
Bruce: No, she works in Sydney. She"s coming to China soon.
Mr. Wu: Oh, that"s very good. I have no more questions. Thank you, Bruce.
Bruce: You"re welcome, Mr. Wu. Good-bye.
Mr. Wu: Good-bye.
( )56. When was Bruce born? _________
A. On July 22. B. In 1980. C. In July. D. On June 23.
( ) 57. Where was Bruce born? __________
A. In China. B. In Australia. C. In America. D. In England.
( ) 58. When was Bruce"s father born? __________
A. In 1964. B. In 1952. C. In 1965. D. In 1955.
( ) 59. What does his father do? _________
A. He"s a worker. B. He"s a teacher. C. He"s a doctor. D. It doesn "t tell us.
( )60. Where is Bruce"s mother working now? ___________
A. In China. B. In Australia. C. In America. D. In England
Chinese Name: 61 English Name: 62 Age: 63
School: 64 Class: 65 Grade: 66
Birthday: 67 Birthplace(出生地): 68
Likes: 69 Favourite things: 70
I have a good penfriend. Let me tell you something about him.
参 考 答 案
1-5、C B E H A 6-10、J I D F G
11-15、years eighth grandmother’s/ grandma’s watch Festival
16-20、birthday months speech January party
21-25、B C B D C 26-30、C B D C C 31-35、D B A B A
36-40、D A C B E
41-45、C B D D C 46-50、A C C B D
51-55、D B B B A 56-60、B B C C B
(A)61-65、Li Hua; Tony Li; 16/Sixteen; No.1 Middle School; Two
66-70、One, August 20, 1989; Shenzhen, Guangdong;
basketball, music; Engli sh, computer games
(B)I have a good penfriend. Let me tell you something about him. His name is Li Hua. He has an English name. It is Tony. He is a middle school student in Class Two, Grade One of No.1 Middle School. He is 13 years old now. He was born in Shenzhen, Guangdong. His birthday is August the twentieth. He likes playing basketball and listening to music. He often plays basketball with his classmates after school. His favourite subject is English and he likes playing computer games best. I like to write to him. He is my good friend.