UNIT 9 Can you come to my party? 检测题
1. A. invite B. invitation C. inviting
2. A. vacation B. breakfast C. movie
3. A. physical B. math C. geography
4. A. too many B. too much C. very much
5. A. part B. concert C. party
6. A. That’s good. B. Happy birthday. C. Cool.
7. A. Yes, I can’t. B. Sorry, I’d love to. C. Yes, I’d love to.
8. A. Cool. B. Too bad. C. I’m going to do some hiking.
9. A. They are red flowers. B. Red. C. They are beautiful flowers.
10. A. That’s good. B. Cool. C. W hat a pity!
11. A. Play tennis. B. Go shopping. C. Do some washing.
12. A. Play basketball. B. Have a meal. C. Play football.
13. A. Swimming. B. Having music lessons. C. Playing volleyball.
14. A. Watch TV. B. Play games. C. Clean his room.
15. A. Do homework. B. Play ping-pong. C. Go fishing.
16 you for your 17 to visit your home on Tuesday. I’m sorry, but I can’t come. I have to have 18 lessons in the morning. In the afternoon I’m going to play soccer with the school team. I’m going to the 19 with my family in the evening. If you are 20 , can you come to the concert with us?
21. All my classmates are going to Jenny’s birthday party _______ Saturday night.
A. at B. on C. in D. /
22. Thank you for _______ me to your party.
A. invite B. inviting C. to invite D. telling
23. We have too many lessons, and I have to study _______.
A. the all day B. the whole day C. whole the day D. whole day
24. —What’s the date today?
A. summer B. Tuesday C. July 2nd D. six o’clock
25. Thank you _______ your gifts!
A. as B. in C. for D. with
26. The boy is _______ thirsty (口渴的) and he drinks _______ water.
A. too; too B. much; much
C. too much; much too D. much too; too much
27. _______ of us in our class has an English name.
A. All B. Every C. Each D. Both
28. —Why are you so excited?
— Because Peter invited me _______ on a trip to Yuntai Mountain.
A. to go B. go C. going D. went
29. —Can you come and play basketball with us?
—_______. I have a lot of homework to do.
A. Sure B. Yes, I do C. No, I don’t D. I’m sorry, I can’t
30. —Mom, shall we have supper now?
—Oh, we won’t have supper _______ your dad come back.
A. until B. since C. while D. after
Henry is a little boy. He is always 31 to others. So he has a lot of friends. Tomorrow is Henry’s birthday. His friends Mike and Betty decide 32 him a present. They are talking about 33 to buy on the way home from school now.
“What shall we buy him?” Mike asks Betty.
“What about a pair of sports shoes?”
“No, he bought a pair last month.”
“How about a big 34 of chocolates?”
“No, he’s too fat.”
“Well, let’s buy him a camera.”
“Oh, it’s too expensive!”
Ten minutes 35 , they see Henry’s sister, Lily, coming 36 her bicycle. They decide to ask Lily for 37 .
“Buy him a computer game.”
Mike and Betty 38 think it’s a good idea. They go into a shop and the shopkeeper shows them a computer game. He says it is the 39 computer game this year. So they buy it. However, Henry doesn’t like it. Why? Henry knows 40 about computer games.
31. A. friendly B. lazy C. smart D. exciting
32. A. buy B. to buy C. buying D. bought
33. A. how B. where C. what D. why
34. A. kind B. bit C. group D. box
35. A. later B. behind C. after D. soon
36. A. in B. by C. on D. at
37. A. answer B. problem C. matter D. advice
38. A. all B. both C. some D. each
39. A. most popular B. more popular C. popular D. popularest
40. A. everything B. something C. nothing D. anything
One day Mr Smith went to a dinner party. He was wearing very old clothes. He came into the room, but people in th e room didn’t look at him. They didn’t ask him to sit at the table. He wasn’t happy. But he said nothing.
Mr Smith went home quickly and put on his best clothes. He went back to the party. Everyone in the room stood up and looked at him. They gave him good food to eat.
Mr Smith took off his coat, and put it on the food and said, “Eat, coat!”
The other people were surprised and asked, “What are you doing? Why do you do that?”
Mr Smith answered, “I am asking my coat to eat food. When I wore old clothes, you didn’t look at me. You didn’t ask me to sit down. Now I am wearing these nice clothes. And you give me good food. Now see, you give the food to my coat, not to me.”
41. One day Mr Smith went to _______.
A. a birthday party B. a dinner party
C. an English party D. a movie
42. When he came into the room, the people didn’t look at him. Why?
A. Because the people didn’t ask him to come.
B. Because Mr Smith wore old clothes.
C. Because Mr Smith didn’t say hello to them first.
D. Because it was night and they didn’t see him.
43. Why did he go home quickly?
A. Because he didn’t want to stay there.
B. Because he went home for his best clothes.
C. Because the people there asked him to leave.
D. Because he didn’t like the food there.
44. What’s the meaning of “surprised” in Chinese?
A. 高兴的 B. 不满的 C. 感到奇怪的 D. 生气的
45. Which statement is right?
A. A person in good clothes should eat good food.
B. A good coat should eat good food.
C. We can’t judge (判断) a man by his clothes.
D. Mr Smith is stupid (愚蠢的).
It was Christmas, and there was a big party in the house. Guests(客人) came and went, but the party went on. Then the bell rang. Several people shouted, “Come in!” A small man opened the front door and came in. Nobody knew him but the host(主人) went to meet him and took him to have a drink. The man sat there happily for an hour and a half and drank. Then suddenly he stopped and looked at the host. “Do you know?” he said. “Nobody asked me to the party. I don’t know you. I don’t know your wife and I don’t know any of your guests. My wife and I wanted to go out in our c ar, but one of your guests’ car was in front of our gate, so I came here to find him and my wife is waiting in our car for me to come back.”
46. When the bell rang, the guests _______.
A. were shouting B. were singing and dancing
C. were enjoying themselves D. were waiting for the small man
47. The host _______ after the sm all man came in.
A. was glad to see him B. asked him to have a drink
C. didn’t fin d him D. knew who he was
48. The small man knew _______ in the house.
A. one of the people B. some of the people
C. all the people D. none of the people
49. The small man went to the house _______.
A. to find a man B. to have a drink
C. to have a party D. to see what was happening
50. Perhaps the small man’s wif e got angry because _______.
A. he drank too much B. he couldn’t find the man
C. he didn’t take her to the party D. he kept her waiting for a long time
51. Betty is always ready to help with all the party p_______.
52. There are five w_______ in a we ek.
53. Can you come to the o_______ of the new library?
54. She loves music but she’s never gone to any c_______.
55. The fans were s_______ to learn the death of their favorite singing star.
56. Would you like _______ (have) a cup of tea?
57. Thanks for _______ (help) me with my English.
58. Here is a letter of (invite) for you.
59. My friend invited me _______ (go) to the movies.
60. I’m thirsty. I want _______ (drink) something.
This coat is too small. Why not buy _______ _______?
_______ you _______ _______ my concert on Sunday?
The students are _______ _______ _______ _______ .
_______ you _______ _______ me find my lost bike.
This dictionary _______ _______ Tom’s. It has Ann’s name on it.
Thank you for asking me to visit your farm. I’d love to, but I’m afraid I can’t.
UNIT 9 Can you come to my party? 检测题
1. Thanks for your invitation.
2. Please call me after the vacation.
3. I’m going to finish the geography project in the evening.
4. I have too much homework this weekend.
5. Paul can’t come to the party.
6. Today is my birthday.
7. Simon, can you come to my party?
8. Tom, I’m going to the movies with some friends this Sunday.
9. What color are they?
10. Sorry, I have to study for an English test.
11. W: Are you free this afternoon? I want to do some shopping. Could you go with me?
M: Sorry, I have a lot of things to do.
Q: What’s the woman going to do this afternoon?
12. W: Shall we go skiing together, Lin Tao?
M: Sorry, Lucy. I’ll play football with Tom.
Q: What’s Lin Tao going to do?
13. W: Were the children playing football this time yesterday?
M: No, they were invited to the swimming pool and had a good time there.
Q: What were the children doing this time yesterday?
14. W: Would you like to play tennis with us, Tom?
M: I’d love to, but I have to clean my room first.
Q: What does Tom have to do first?
15. M: Can you go camping with us, Mary?
W: I’m afraid not. I have some homework to do.
Q: What’s Mary going to do?
Thank you for your invitation to visit your home on Tuesday. I’m sorry, but I can’t come. I have to have piano lessons in the morning. In the afternoon I’m going to play soccer with the school team. I’m going to the concert with my family in the evening. If you are free, can you come to the concert with us?
1～5 BACBC 6～10 BCABC 11～15 BCACA
16. Thank 17. invitation 18. piano 19. concert 20. free
21. B 在某一天的上午、下午或者晚上用介词on，故选B。
22. B for是介词，后接名词或动名词。由句意“谢谢你邀请我参加你的派对”知选B。
23. B the whole day意为“一整天”。
24. C What’s the date…?询问日期。
25. C 句意：谢谢你的礼物!表达“因某事/某物感谢某人”要用Thank sb. for (doing) sth., 故选C。
26. D much too修饰形容词或副词，意为“太”;too m uch修饰不可数名词，意为“太多”。
27. C every不与of连用，all和both与of连用作主语时，谓语动词需用复数形式，故可
28. A invite sb. to do sth.意为“邀请某人做某事”。
29. D 由答语后句I have a lot of homework to do.(我有许多作业要做。)可知此处应作否定回答，排除A、B两项;Can you come….?为提出邀请的句式，否定回答常用I’m sorry, I can’t.+表示理由的句子.。
30. A not…until…为固定结构，意为“直到……才……”。
31. A be friendly to sb.对某人友好。
32. B decide to do sth.决定做某事。
33. C 句意：现在，在从学校回家的路上他们正谈论买什么。what意为“什么”，符合题意。
34. D a big box of…意为“一大盒……”。
35. A “一段时间+later”表示在这一段时间之后。
36. C on one’s bicycle骑某人的自行车，为固定短语。
37. D 句意：他们决定向莉莉征求建议。advice意为“建议”，符合题意。
38. B both指“两者都”。
39. A 考查popular的较高级most popular，意为“最受欢迎的”。
40. C know nothing一无所知。
41. B 由第一段第一句One day Mr Smith went to a dinner party.可知，史密斯先生去参加一
42. B 由第一段可知，当 他走进房间时人们不看他是因为他穿着旧衣服。
43. B 由第二段第一句Mr Smith went home quickly and put on his best clothes.可知，他马上
44. C surprised意为“感到奇怪的”，由上下文可知，因为史密斯先生叫他的衣服吃东西，
45. C 全文告诉我们一个道理：不要以貌取人。
46. C 采用排除法可得出铃响时客人们玩得很开心，故选C。
47. B 由短文第六句Nobody knew him but the host(主人) went to meet him and took him to have a drink.可知，这个男人进屋后，主人邀请他喝酒。
48. D 由这个男人对主人说的话可知他不认识这个房子里的任何一个人。
49. A 由短文最后一句…so I came here to find him…可知，他进屋是为了找一个人。
50. D 由这个男人对主人说的话可知他的妻子还在车里等他回去，而他已经喝了一个半小
51. preparations 句意：贝蒂总是乐意帮助做所有的聚会准备工作。
52. weekdays 句意：一周有5个工作日。
53. opening 句意：你能来参加新图书馆的开业典礼吗?
54. concerts 句意：她喜欢音乐，但她从没去过任何音乐会。
55. surprised surprised为形容词，意为“惊奇的，感觉意外的”。
56. to have 考查would like后接动词不定式的用法。
57. helping 考查“Thanks for +v.-ing”的用法。
58. invitation a letter of invitation一封邀请信。
59. to go invite sb. to do sth.邀请某人做某事。
60. to drink want to do sth.想要做某事。
61. another one 62. Can, come to 63. studying for the test 64. Thank, f or helping
65. can’t be
One possible version:
Thank you for asking me to visit your farm. I’d lov e to, but I’m afraid I can’t. Today is Friday. I’m going to see my grandparents this evening. Tomorrow morning I have to help my father work in the garden, and in the afternoon I am going to do some shopping with my mother. On Sunday I have to study for the Chinese test. In the evening I’m going to the concert with my friends.