1. Who is Sandy waiting for?
A. B. C.
2. Which country is Linda from?
A. B. C.
3. Which is Kate’s favourite season?
A. B. C.
4. How will the woman go to Beijing?
A. B. C.
5. Who is the tallest of the three?
A. Nick. B. Jim. C. Sam.
6. Does the man have enough money to buy the book in the end?
A. We don’t know. B. Yes, he does. C. No, he doesn’t.
7. Where are the two speakers?
A. At a library. B. At a hospital. C. At a post office.
8. Who is Timmy calling?
A. Peter. B. Tom. C. Betty.
9. What time does the train leave?
A. 6:05. B. 6:15. C. 6:25.
10. What can they do in Changguangxi Wetlands Park tomorrow?
A. They can go birdwatching.
B. They can go fishing and have a picnic.
C. They can go birdwatching and have a picnic.
11. What is Amy doing with the paper?
A. She is making paper lucky stars.
B. She is making paper roses.
C. She is making paper birds.
12. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. It will be Tom’s mother’s birthday next week.
B. Amy needs paper and scissors to make the birthday present.
C. Tom doesn’t think it is fun to do a DIY job.
Be in harmony (和谐) with wild animals
Some people think that all wild animals are dangerous.
In fact 13 of wild animals will hurt a man if he leaves them alone.
Wild animals only hurt people when they are 14 to catch their usual food.
when their babies are 15 .
when people hunt them or make them angry.
13. A. most B. quite a few C. very few
14. A. too old B. too lazy C. too tired
15. A. angry B. afraid C. in danger
16. What was the weather like last month?
A. It was cold and dry. B. It was cold and windy. C. It was warm and
17. Where will the wind blow from?
A. It will blow from the south.
B. It will blow from the west.
C. It will blow from the southwest.
18. When will rain arrive?
A. In the next few days. B. In the next three days. C. This evening.
19. What will daytime temperatures be?
A. They will drop to 4℃. B. They will rise to 12℃. C. They will drop to 12℃.
20. What will the weather for next weekend be like?
A. Warm, wet and windy. B. Cold and dry. C. Warm but dry.
( ) 21. What ______ exciting news it is! Is ______ news true?
A. an; the B. an; a C. /; the D. /; a
( ) 22. —_______ are you doing?
—I’m fine. Thank you.
A. What B. Where C. When D. How
( ) 23. Which of the following words rhymes with “snow”?
A. how B. show C. shower D. pool
( ) 24. The students in Class 5 work much harder than _______ in Class 8.
A. that B. this C. those D. these
( ) 25. ─ I’m sorry I ______ my exercise book at home.
─ Don’t forget ______ it to school tomorrow, please.
A. forgot; to take B. left; to bring
C. forgot; to bring D. left; to take
( ) 26. Some children were in the classroom and the rest _________in the playground.
A. was B. were C. are D. is
( ) 27. ─ ________ bad weather! It makes me down.
─ Yes. _________ rainy morning!
A. What; What B. What a; What C. What a; What a D. What; What a
( ) 28. —Mum, I don’t quite understand the Chinese saying.
—Dear, don’t worry. _______ the years go by, you will get to know it.
A. As B. While C. Since D. Until
( ) 29. ─ Can you come to my party on Thursday?
─ Sorry, I can’t. I ________ finish my homework.
A. must B. would C. will D. have to
( ) 30. ─ Shall we go to the park for a picnic tomorrow?
─ If it ________ rain.
A. won’t B. won’t be C. isn’t D. doesn’t
( ) 31. ─ For me, winter is the best season of a year.
─Me too. _______if there’s some snow. I like a white world.
A. Worse B. Longer C. Better D. Shorter
( ) 32. The boy felt _______ thirsty and stopped to drink ______ water.
A. a bit; a bit B. a bit of; a bit of C. a bit of; a bit D. a bit; a bit of
( ) 33. What kind of structure is the sentence “The girl showed her classmates some of her family photos.” ?
A. S+V+O B. S+V+P C. S+V+IO+DO D. S+V+DO+OC
( ) 34. On the way back home, the two boys walked happily, ________.
A. singing and danced B. sang and danced
C. singing and dancing D. sang and dancing
( ) 35. —I will go to the countryside to see my grandmother this afternoon, so I can"t go swimming with you .
— ______ .
A. It" s my pleasure . B. You are welcome .
C. That "s a pity. D. Sure , I am.
Different weather makes people feel different.It influences(影响) health，intelligence(智力) and feelings.In August，it is very hot and wet in the southern part of the United States.People there have heart trouble and other kinds of 36 problems during this month.In the northeast and the middle west，it is very hot sometimes and very cold sometimes.People in these states have more heart trouble 37 the weather changes in February or March.
The weather can also influence intelligence.For example，in a 1983 study by scientists
38 that the IQ of a group of students was very high when a very strong wind came， 39 after the strong wind，their IQ was 10% 40 .The wind can help people have 41 intelligence.Very hot weather，on the other hand，can make it lower.Students in many schools of the United States often do worse on exams in the 42 months of the year(July and August).
Weather also has a strong influence on people"s 43 .Winter may be a bad time for thin people.They usually feel cold these months.They might feel 44 during cold weather.But fat people may have a hard time in hot summer.At about 18℃，people become stronger.
Low air pressure(气压) may 45 people forgetful.People leave more bags on buses and in shops on low-pressure days.There is "good weather" for work and health.People feel best at a temperature of about 18℃.
Are you feeling sad，tired，forgetful，or unhappy today? It may be the weather"s fault.
36. A. ear B. health C. eye D. heart
37. A. when B. while C. after D. before
38. A. agreed B. gave C. showed D. advised
39. A. but B. and C. or D. so
40. A. lower B. higher C. faster D. slower
41. A. many B. more C. less D. fewer
42. A. cool B. cold C. hot D. warm
43. A. mind B. feelings C. intelligence D. Health
44. A. bored B. excited C. unhappy D. happy
45. A. have B. help C. let D. make
Are you thinking about what to do in your free time? Come and join us ---Youth Club! Join in lessons and activities. It’s fun! For more information, call 13812427108!
Monday~~ Friday 6:00~~7:30 pm
Computer less ons for beginners Saturday and Sunday 8:00~~9:00 pm
Basketball and volleyball playgrounds open
Monday , Wednesday 7:30~~9:30 pm
Dance lessons for dance-lovers
You can learn and enjoy wonderful dances. Monday~~ Sunday
Swimming pool open
Tuesday , Thursday and Friday 6:30~~7:30 pm
Learn to cook delicious dishes from all over China The 2nd and last Saturday of every month 7:00~~9:30 pm
Concert time---Enjoy Swedish rock, American jazz and beautiful songs from different parts of the world!
46.On which of the following days can’t you have computer lessons?
A. Monday. B. Wednesday. C. Friday. D. Sunday.
47 .If Dick wants to swim after playing basketball , when can he go to the
A. Monday and Wednesday. B. Monday and Sunday.
C. Saturday and Sunday. D. Monday to Sunday.
48.How often does the club have music concerts?
A. Twice a month. B. Twice a week.
C. Four times a month. D. Five times a week.
Ladies and gentlemen, I returned to this year in a time machine. In the year 2500, we are able to travel through time to any year in the history of the earth.. This year is your last chance to change your lifestyle to save the earth
Beginning in the middle of the 20th century, a few people were worried about polluting the earth"s water and air, but most people did not change their way of life. Instead, they continued to pour(倒) dangerous chemicals and other waste into lakes and seas, to drive more and more cars and trucks, and to cut down trees.
By the year 2200, the earth"s water was completely polluted. Scientists said that in the future there might be too many people on the earth. People could no longer drink water, and they had to use other types of liquids(液体).
So, by the ye ar 2300, there were so many people that food became scarce. There was no water to grow food and all of the fish in the lakes and seas died because of pollution Terrier wars(战争) broke out between the rich and the poor. Scientists were working very hard to find another planet in space where humans could live on.
By the year 2400, the air was too polluted for humans to breathe. So we had to leave earth But only the rich were able to leave. Where did we go? Nowhere. And everywhere. You see scientists did not find another safe planet, so now we must travel around the universe in our space ships. We are still looking for a place to call our home.
So, it is up to you to change history. There is still hope. You must change your lifestyle now, before it is too late.
49. Which problem is not talked about in Paragraph 2?
A. Water. B. Air. C. Lifestyle. D. Food
50. What"s the meaning of "scarce" in Paragraph 4 in Chinese?
A.昂贵的 B.充足的 C.缺乏的 D.特殊的
51. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. Only a few people changed their lifestyle in the 20th century.
B. There wasn"t enough water for people to drink by the year 2200.
C. All the animals died because of pollution by the year 2300.
D. We found a new home in another planet by the year 2400.
Earth Day is on April 22nd. People say thanks to the Earth and learn ways to keep the Earth safe and clean. But saying the Earth is not just for grow-ups. Kids are also taking an active part in it.
The American writer and filmmaker Lynne made a film called Young Voices for the Planet. It lists a lot of stories about different kids who help to keep our environment clean.
Team Marine, US A group of students an Santa Monica High School started an organization called Team Marine. They tell people why plastic bags are bad for sea animals and environment. In 2011, they successfully made lawmakers(立法者) in their city stop people using plastic bags.
Felix, 15 Germany In 2007, a 9-year-old boy, Felix, started a club. Plant for the Planet. It encourages children around the world to plant trees in their own countries. Felix helped plant 25 million trees in Germany and 120 million trees worldwide.
Alec, 17, US When he was 12, Alec set up Kids VS Global(全球的) Warming. It teaches kid about weather change and ways to stop the world getting warmer and warmer. Alec travels widely to encourage people to help stop global warming. He has given more than 70 talks across the country.
Olivia, 13, US When Olivia was 11, she heard about the 2010 oil spill(漏油) in gulf of Mexico. She painted 500 pictures of birds to raise money for the clean-up. She raised more than $200,000 to protect(保护) birds and other wild animals.
52. Young Voices for the Planet made by Lynne is ________.
A. a book B. a TV play C. a film D. a club
53. According to the passage, we know ________ doesn’t agree to use plastic
A. Team Marine B. Felix C. Alec D. Olivia
54. Alec travels widely to encourage people to ________.
A. raise money B. plant trees
C. protect wild animals D. help stop global warming
55. The passage mainly talks about how ________.
A. kids are saving the Earth B. parents are planting trees
C. students are raising money D. grow-ups are using plastics bags
56. Look at those thick _____________(云) in the sky. It’s going to rain.
57. You catch a bad cold and a high ______________ (发烧). Go to see the doctor at once.
58. What an ______________ (terrible) day it was! It seemed that everything was wrong.
59. We reached Beijing at ______________ (about) eight o’ clock in the morning.
60. ---What a strong wind!
---Yes. It is ______________ hard. You’d better not go out.
rain, loud, sleep, thirty, freeze
61. I didn’t go to bed until twelve yesterday evening, so I feel very__________ now.
62. They used carrots for those __________noses.
63. The lake is ____________, but the ice is too thin for us to walk on.
64. There is a saying, “Actions speak _____________ than words.”
65. When he was in his _____________, he became a famous actor.
read, rise, not be drop, make
66. Our geography teacher told us the sun ____________ in the east.
67. Many people think it is the best time ___________ English in the morning.
68. Look! Tom with his friends ____________a snowman. How happy they are!
69. The weather report says that there ___________snowstorms in North-east China tomorrow.
70. The temperature ____________ to minus five degrees yesterday in his hometown.
71. Jim made his friend a card as a birthday present. (同义句转换)
Jim _________a card _______ his friend as a birthday present.
72. How will the weather be in Beijing tomorrow? (同义句转换)
______ will the weather be ________ in Beijing tomorrow?
73. You can see clean water and green hills there. (改为否定句)
You _______ see clean water ________ green hills there.
74. The children covered their faces with their hands. (对划线部分提问)
________ _______ the children cover their faces?
75. It’s very exciting to have snowball fights in winter. (改为感叹句)
________ _________ it is to have snowball fights in winter!
In winter, white snow 76 the whole earth. It is often very cold and the 77 can drop below zero. The weather is nice in spring. A windy day is perfect for 78 a kite. Bees and butterflies play 79 flowers. Then they hide away when the April 80 come.
People often have sweet 81 of summer days. They go swimming and eat ice cream. They like to play by 82 streams or under the 83 of trees.
When autumn comes, the leaves turn brown and fall into 84 upon the ground.
Farmers are busy 85 crops. Soon it will be a new year once again.
I’m Sandy. I come from the UK. People in my country love t 86 about the weather.
When you visit our country, people usually take an u 87 with them even on a sunny morning. That’s b 88 weather in the UK changes very often. We often experience four s89 in just one day. In the morning, the weather is w 90 just like in spring. Soon black clouds come and it rains h 91 . The weather gets a little cold. In the afternoon it will be
s 92 again. The sun will s 93 , and it will be like in summer. We also have summer in winter and have winter in summer. So sometimes we can s 94 in winter. Sometimes, in summer, we have to wear warm clothes.
Why don’t you come to visit our country and experience the interesting w 95 ?
The seasons in Australia are not like ours. When it is winter in China, it is summer there. Australia is a southern country, it is in the south of the world. July and August are the winter months; September, October and November are spring, the summer is in January, February and December, and March, April and May are the autumn months. The north of the country is hotter than the south.
A very large part of this country has no rain at all. The east coast(海岸地区) has rain all year round, and there are no dry months there. The southeast winds blows here all the year. They bring rain from the sea. There is not much rain on the west side. The southeastern part of Australia has summer rain from the southeast winds. They only blow here in summer.
The southwestern part of Australia has winter rain. The west winds blow over the southwest in winter only. In summer, the southwest of the country has no rain. In the north of Australia, there is no rain in winter. The rain comes in summer. The northwest winds bring it.
96. Which season is it in Australia when it is winter in China?
97. Which is colder, the north of the country or the south of the country?
98. Which part of Australia has rain all year round?
99. Why is there rain in the southeast of Australia all the year?
100. Why does Australia have different seasons from China at the same time of the year?
喜欢理由 1. 通常最低气温降到零度以下，漫天飞雪。
1. M: Sandy, what are you doing here?
W: I’m waiting for my friend. Look, she’s coming, the girl with glasses.
2. M: What are you going to do this weekend, Linda? Shall we take your cousin to visit the White House?
W: Fall has arrived, there’re too many brown leaves in the yard. I want to clean them up.
3. M: Which season do you like best, Kate?
W: Autumn, because I like eating different fruits. It’s a harvest time.
4. M: How are you going to Beijing?
W: I planned to drive there, but my car is broken. I will fly there.
5. M: Nick is taller than Jim, isn’t he?
W: I think so. But Jim is taller than Sam.
6. M: The book costs 30 yuan, but I have only 15 yuan.
W: I can lend you 10 yuan. That’s all I have.
7. M: What’s your son’s trouble? Let me take a look. Say “Ah”.
W: He’s got a high fever and coughs a lot.
8. M: Hello. This is Timmy speaking. Is Peter in?
W: Hello, this is Betty, Peter’s sister. Hold on, please… Peter! Someone is calling you.
9. M: I’m afraid we’ll miss the train. What time is it now?
W: It’s six fifteen. There’s only ten minutes left. Let’s hurry.
10. M: I’m interested in birdwatching. But I’m new here. Where shall we go birdwatching in Wuxi?
W: There are a few wetlands parks to go. For example, Changguangxi Wetlands Park is a perfect place. We can also have a picnic there. Let’s go there tomorrow.
M: Hi, Amy! What are you doing with the paper? Are you making paper roses or paper birds?
W: Oh, no, Tom. I’m making some paper lucky stars. I want to give them to my mum as a birthday present.
M: Ah, yes, it will be my aunt’s birthday next wee k. That sounds great. Moreover, doing a DIY job is really fun. Can you teach me? I want to help.
W: Yes, of course. Look, first do it like this. Now take a piece of paper and follow me.
M: What do we need to make paper lucky stars? Is it very difficult?
W: We just need paper and scissors. It’s easy to make lucky stars. Just fold, fold …and fold. Look! Done.
M: Wow! It looks so lovely! Practice makes perfect!
Some people think that all wild animals are dangerous. In fact, very few of them will hurt a m an if he leaves them alone. If you meet a tiger or an elephant, you would run away. But even a tiger will keep away from a man if it is not very hungry. Lions and tigers only kill and eat men when they are too old to catch their usual food. Wild animals only hurt people when they are afraid their babies may be in danger, or when people hunt them or make them angry.[
Good morning! And now it’s five to nine, and time for the weather report. This is Carla Dane at the London Weather Centre. Last month was unusually cold and dry. But all that will change in the next few days. From today, the wind will blow from the southwest. It will bring in warm air from the sea. And we’ll have some rain. Rain will arrive from the southwest this evening. The whole country will have some showers in the next three days. Some of them will be heavy. Temperatures will rise to 12 degrees Celsius in the day. Night temperatures will drop to 4 degrees Celsius. It will feel cold over the hills. And the weather for next weekend: the three w’s – warm, wet and windy. And that’s your weather report.
1—5 CBBBA 6—10 CBACC 11—15 ABCAC 16—20 ACCBA
21-25 CDBCB 26-30 BDADD 31-35 CDCCC
36-40 BCCAA 41-45 BCBCD
46-48 DCA 49-51DCD 52-55 CADA
56-60 clouds, fever, awful, around, blowing
61-65 sleepy, snowmen’s, frozen, louder, thirties
66-70 rises, to read, is making, won’t be, dropped
71-75 made for; What like; can’t or; How did; How exciting
76-80 covers, temperature, flying, among, showers
81-85 memories, quiet, shade, piles, harvesting
86-90 talking, umbrella, because, seasons, warm
91-95 heavily/hard; sunny, shine, swim, weather
96.Summer./ It’s summer.
97. The south of the country.
98. The east coast.
99. Because the southeast winds brings rain from the sea all the year.
100. Because Australia is in the south of the earth while China is in the north of the earth.