八上英语Unit 4 What’s the best movie theater?测试卷(人教新目标附答案)
1. I often go to the movie t to watch movies on weekends.
2. The park is very c to my home, so my parents often take a walk there after supper.
3. The (屏幕)of the computer is too bright. It’s bad for your eyes.
4. The air in the mountains is (清新的)and clean.
5. —Which coat would you like to (挑选), the red one or the yellow one?
—Neither. I don’t like the style.
6. Mo Yan won the 2012 Nobel P in Literature(文学).
7. It’s true that parents play an important r in children’s lives.
8. He doesn’t have any money. He is p .
9. Can you give me an (范例)of how to improve speaking skills?
10. There are too many people in the subway. It’s really (拥挤的).
11. He got up than his sister did.
A. early B. earlier C. late D. last
12. The party was a great . We all had a good time.
A. dream B. success C. problem D. competition
13. —How does your father go to work?
—On foot. Our house is his office.
A. far from B. different from C. the same as D. close to
14. You are now, Tom. So you should wash your clothes by yourself.
A. young enough B. enough old C. old enough D. enough young
15. It’s lucky of you to buy the same ticket at a price.
A. higher B. lower C. more expensive D. cheaper
16. He wrote the new word many times, but he couldn’t remember it.
A. ever B. never C. still D. yet
17. —What bad weather!
—Yes. The radio says it will be even later on.
A. bad B. badly C. worse D. worst
18. In our class, Jenny is the . She always makes everybody laugh.
A. tallest B. youngest C. quietest D. funniest
19. Can you finish the work with money and people?
A. fewer; fewer B. less; less C. fewer; less D. less; fewer
20. Could I ask you questions your service?
A. some; about B. any; about C. any; on D. some; with三、完形填空
My parents took me to Japan when I was little. I lived there for five years. 21 I came back, my Japanese was very good. “Can I do something useful with my Japanese?” I asked myself.
Then, one day last spring, I got a good opportunity(机会).
Everyone was afraid of SARS, so I stayed at home with 22 to do.
My father brought me a Japanese book. “Why don’t you translate(翻译) it into Chinese? It will be better than 23 computer games all day.”
I promised (许诺) to do 2,000 words each day. But 24 I found it was hard to keep the promise.
One day in May, the weather was beautiful. But I couldn’t go out. Those 2,000 words were still 25 me.
After translating only three pages, I already lost interest in the book.
I looked at it for a long time. But I couldn’t make myself turn the pages. How I 26 I could just go outside and play football with my friends!
I counted the words again and again. I just wanted to give up.
I felt as if two people were fighting 27 my mind. One said, “Don’t give up! Keep working hard, and you’ll do well!” But then the other one said, “Go and play! It will be more 28 than translating. Do your work tomorrow. ”
I stood up and would 29 the computer.
But then I remembered 30 my parents had told me, “Whatever you do, don’t stop halfway.” So I sat down and went on with it.
21. A. Because B. Until C. Since D. When
22. A. nothing B. something C. everything D. anything
23. A. be played B. playing C. played D. plays
24. A. just then B. right now C. soon D. suddenly
25. A. talking to B. looking at C. smiling at D. waiting for
26. A. thought B. felt C. wished D. decided
27. A. in B. with C. about D. for
28. A. fun B. important C. useful D. dangerous
29. A. turn on B. turn off C. open D. close
30. A. how B. where C. which D. what
June came and the hottest month of the year began. A lot of travelers came to the city by the sea. All of the hotels were full except Mr. Johnson’s. The prices of all the rooms were the lowest in the city but few people stayed there. The fire(火灾)broke out three times in a year and four travelers died in the accidents. Most workers left there and found jobs in the other hotels. Mr. Johnson had to do most work himself.
It was eleven o’clock. Most rooms were still empty. Mr. Johnson worked for the whole day and was very tired. He went to close the gate when a young man came in, with a big bag in his hand.
“What can I do for you, sir?” asked Mr. Johnson.
“The cheapest room in your hotel.”
“OK,” said Mr. Johnson, “but it’s on the top floor.”
“It doesn’t matter. I think you have a lift in your hotel.”
“Of course, sir,” said the manager. “It’ll take you right there. By the way, may I keep your bag for you?”
“No, thanks. There’s nothing expensive in it but a long rope.”
“Oh? What do you bring it with you for?”
“I’m afraid another fire will happen in your hotel. If it does, I’ll throw the rope out of the window so that I’ll be able to escape from(逃脱)it.”
“Yes?” Mr. Johnson said in surprise. “So you have to pay for the bill before you go to your room.”
31. Most workers left the hotel because ______.
A. Mr. Johnson paid them less
B. it was dangerous to work for Mr. Johnson
C. some travelers stayed there
D. it was too hot there in summer
32. ______, so most rooms were empty.
A. The travelers preferred to stay outside
B. The travelers went out for supper
C. A few travelers died in Mr. Johnson’s hotel
D. Mr. Johnson was bad to the travelers
33. The young man went in the hotel to ______.
A. put his bag there B. look for something
C. talk to Mr. Johnson D. stay for night
34. The young man took a long rope with him so that ______.
A. he could easily leave the hotel if it was on fire
B. he could pay nothing for the room
C. he could go to work early the next morning
D. he could hold something
35. Mr. Johnson asked the young man to pay because he was afraid ______.
A. the young man could hurt him
B. the young man could take something away
C. the young man could leave without paying any money
D. his hotel would be on fire again
The old name for films was “moving pictures”. In America they still call them “movies” and they say “Shall we go to the movies?” when we say “Shall we go to the cinema?”
A boy once said to his friend, “Do you like moving pictures?” His friend thought that he was going to invite him to go to the cinema, so he said, “Yes, please. I like moving pictures very much.”
“Good,” said the boy, “my father has a picture shop. He sells pictures. This evening I must move pictures from one room to another. You like moving pictures, so I think you will enjoy moving pictures for me.”
( )36. In old times people called films “moving pictures”.
( )37. When they ask their friends to go to see a film with them, the American people will say, “Shall we go to the cinema?”
( )38. Once a boy asked his friend to move some heavy boxes of pictures from one room to another for him.
( )39. His friend liked pictures very much.
( )40. His friend didn’t understand him when he asked, “Do you like moving pictures?”
41. Let’s go to Danny’s. The food there is (cheap) than any other place in town.
42. The radio station Oldies 102.1FM is pretty bad. It’s (bad) than All Talk 970AM.
43. He is (quiet) boy in my class. He almost never talks.
44. My dog is (friendly ) than yours.
45. The (love) girl is planning to go shopping.
46. Linda is the (win)of the English speech contest.
47. I think Li Yundi is a (talent)piano player.
48. Lots of (perform)from different places around China took part in the talent show.
49. There are all (kind)of vegetables and fruit in the shop.
50. I can hear birds singing (beautiful)while walking through the park.
要求：1.可适当发挥; 2. 80词左右。
Restaurant Price Quality Service
7 Onion Restaurant ★ ★ ★★
House of Big Dumplings ★★ ★★ ★
House of Long Noodles ★★★ ★★★ ★★★
一、 1. theater/theatre 2. close 3. screen 4. fresh 5. choose 6. Prize 7. role 8. poor 9. example 10. crowded
二、11. B 由than可知用比较级形式。
12. B 由句意可知, “聚会举办得很成功”，其他选项与句意不符，故选B项。
13. D 由答语“On foot.”可知，距离不远，故选D项。
14. C enough修饰形容词或副词时，要放在所修饰的词的后面，故排除B、D两项。再由句意可确定选C项。
15. B 根据句意可知是“以一个较低的价格”，谈论价格高低用high和low。at a…price以一个……的价格。
16. C but表转折，由句意可知，“他仍然记不住”，故选C项。
18. D 由后句句意可知要表达“有趣”这一含义，再由表示范围的in our class可知用较高级形式。
19. D money是不可数名词，用less修饰;people是集体名词，用fewer修饰。
20. A 在表示请求或征求意见的一般疑问句中，用some, 不用any。about关于。
23.B play computer games玩电脑游戏，由句中的than可知选B项。
25.D 句意：那2 000个词仍在等着我。wait for等待。
26.C 句意：我多么希望去外 面和我的朋友们踢足球啊!
27.A in my mind在我的脑海里。
29.B 句意：我站起来，想要关掉电脑。turn off 关闭。
四、31.B 由第一段第五、六句The fire broke out three times in a year and four travelers died in the accidents. Most workers left there and found jobs in the other hotels.可知。
32.C 由第一段第五句The fire broke out three times in a year and four travelers died in the accidents.可知。
33.D 由第四段“The cheapest room in your hotel.”可知。
34.A 由倒数第二段“I’m afraid another fire will happen in your hotel. If it does, I’ll throw the rope out of the window so that I’ll be able to escape from it.”可知。
35.C 由最后一段“ Yes?” Mr. Johnson said in surprise. “So you have to pay for the bill before you go to your room.”可知 。
36.T 由短文第一段第一句The old name for films was “moving pictures”.可知答案为T。
37.F 由第一段第二句中...they say “Shall we go to the movies?”...可知答案为F。
39.F 由第二段末句可知，男孩的朋友喜欢的是moving pictures而并非pictures,故答案为F。
40.T 题目句意为：“当男孩问‘你喜欢moving pictures吗?’这句话时，他的朋友没有理解。”通读全文可知是正确的。(男孩→“搬运图画”←moving pictures→“电影”←男孩的朋友)
五、41. cheaper 42. worse 43. the quietest 44. friendlier 45. lovely
46. winner 47. talented 48. performers 49. kinds 50. beautifully
六、One possible version:
There are three restaurants near our school. Of all the three, House of Long Noodles has the best quality and the friendliest service. Most of us like it although its food is the most expensive. The food in House of Big Dumplings is a little cheaper than that in House of Long Noodles, but it has the worst service, and its quality isn’t good enough. As for 7 Onion Restaurant, its food is the cheapest and it has better service. However, it has the worst quality of the three restaurants.