八上英语Unit 2 How often do you exercise?单元测试卷(人教新目标含答案)
I. Important words
hardly once twice full least health result percent although through mind together writer dentist magazine almost none
II. Important phrases and sentences:
1. How often (频率：always, often, usually, sometimes, hardly ever ,every day/…… )/ how long (段时间)/how many /how much/how far(距离、ten minutes’ ride)/how soon (in+段时间)
2. on weekends/weekdays (介词 in on at ) in the morning /on Sunday morning /on a rainy morning. 3.help sb. (to)do sth. /with sth.
4. once a week /twice a day /once or twice a day /two or three times a week three to five times a week. 5.What’s your favorite …?/What… do you like best?
6. be free/ be busy with /doing
7.kind of / a little / a bit ; a kind of / all kinds of /different kinds of
8. health /healthy/unhealthy
Doing morning exercises is good for our ____. You’d better keep ______.
9. at least /most 10. be good for /at /with /be bad for
11.ask sb. (not) to do sth. /ask sb. about sth./ ask for / tell sb. to do sth. /tell sb. not to do sth.
12.percent : Fifteen percent of the students are_ girls .
Seventy –five percent of the land is_ covered with water.
13.the answer to the question. 14.although though but. / because so
15.the best way to do(to relax) / a good way to do
16. ①spend time doing sth./ It takes sb. some time to do sth../ spend time with sb.
②spend … on sth. / pay … for / cost. 17. for example / such as.
18. go to the dentist for teeth cleaning.
1. --- How was the weather yesterday?—It rained_____. People could ____ go out
A. hardly; hard B. hard; hard C. hardly; hardly D. hard ; hardly
2. ---How often do you dance?—I dance ____ a week.
A. once and twice times B. two and three times C. one or two D. once or twice
3. – What does Mary do on weekends? --- She usually ____ the Internet at home.
A. use B. go on C. uses D. goes on
4. ____ (about 85%) students do homework every day. A. Most B. All C. Some D. No
5. Lily is a good student. She ____ late for school.
A. is hardly B. isn’t never C. is often D. is always
6.--____ hours do you exercise every day? --- Three .
A. How long B. How far C . How many D. How much
7.. His father __ a doctor.
A. wants him to be B. wants to him be C. want to be him D. want to him be
8. I think the best way to keep healthy is ___ exercise. A. for B. through C. in D. with
9. Mo Yan is a Chinese ____. He won a Nobel Prize(诺贝尔奖) in2012.
A. writer B. teacher C. dentist D. actor.
10. ____ hamburgers are junk food, ____ many children like them.
A. Although; / B. Although; but C. Because; / D. Because; so
11. --- I’m getting fatter and fatter. – You should eat ___ meat and do ___ exercise.
A. more; more B. more; less C. less; less D. less; more
12.____ the man is a worker. A. May be B. Maybe C. May D. Be
13. Don’t ____ too late, or you’ll be tired during daytime.
A. get up B. set up C. stay up D. show up
14. My mother has ______ to do every day.
A. a lot of housework B. many housework C. much houseworks D. lot of housework.
15. She often gives her baby ____ to eat
A. healthy something B. healthy anything C. something healthy D. something health
16. ___ were you away from Shanghai last year? – About two weeks.
A. How often B. How soon C. How long D. How far
17. I often spend much time ____my grandparents. A. in B. with C. in D. to
18. Forty percent of the students ____ girls . A. is B. are C. be D. am
19. Here ___ the results of the people’s favorite supermarkets in the city.
A. have B. has C. is D. are
20.Tom’s mother asks him _____ the room. A. clean B. cleans C. to clean D.
(A) Jeff has an illness. He is recording (录音)his words so that his little son will be able to hear his voice in the future.
Jeff caught the illness in 2011. The doctor told him that he might have only two to five years to live and the illness would make him lose his voice, so he decided to record his voice for his 13-month-otd son, Bill.
His wife Gina said, “Jeff used to play and sing in a band, so his voice is important to him. I can"t imagine not having his voice around. I would certainly like Bill to know his father"s voice in this way.”
Jeff and his wife hope that they can save his real voice for their little son. He now spends his weekends and evenings recording his voice. Their little son, Bill, will feel his parents’ love when he grows up.
21. Jeff caught the illness in 2011.
22. Jcff’s illness would make him become blind.
23. Jeff still plays and sings in a band now.
24. Jeff now spends his weekends and evenings recording his voice.
25. The parents hope that Bill will feel their love by hearing his father’s voice.
DNA is the whole “map” of the human body. It is something that all humans have, and it tells the body what to do. DNA is the reason that we look like our parents, because we get some of their DNA to make our own.
People have been trying to understand the human body for a long time. In I860, Mr Mendel discovered why we look the same as other people in our family. It is because of small things called “genes”(基因) in our body. In 1953, two scientists, Watson and Crick, found out that those small parts are really messages. They’re written in the DNA with a special language.
In 1961, another two scientists found the first “word” that they could understand in that language. It shows how DNA tells the cell (细胞)to build its parts,(有几个单词看不清) the words in the DNA map, but we still do not understand what they all do. By understanding what just one “word” means, we can help to save people from several illnesses. So the more we understand, the more doctors will be able to do.
Most people hope that this will help to make better medicine and help sick people: Other people worry that when wc Icam more “words” and find out more information, we will use it in the wrong way, just to make people more attractive (有吸引力的), or stop sick people getting jobs.
26. When did Mr Mendel discover why we look the same as other people in our family? A. In 2000. B. In 1961. C. In 1953. D. In 1860.
27. What did the two scientists find in 1961? They found ______.
A. all the words in the DNA map
B. small things called “genes” in our body
C. the first “word” they could understand in that language
D. those small parts arc written in the DNA with a special language
28. How can we help sick people if we understand more “words” in the DNA map?
A. Make better medicine. B. Make them get jobs. C. Make maps for them. D. Make them attractive.
29. Which one is not true according to the article?
A. Wc look like our parents because of “genes” in our body.
B. We have understood what all the words in the DNA map do.
C. DNA is the whole “map” of the human body. D. DNA tells the cell to build its parts.
30. What do people think about this research about DNA?
A. It can be only bad. B. It can be only good.
C. It can be good but won’t work. D. It can be good and bad.
“If I had one million yuan, I would buy you a palace! Do I have one million yuan? No, I don’t! So I only can spend ten fen on this short message, sending you my best wishes!”
Today, SMS—Short Message Service is popular, and China Mobile says that every second, there are 410 messages being sent.
Look around you! People are watching their mobiles, smiling or laughing. Thumbs are moving quickly on mobiles, bringing happiness to their friends. Through SMS, we know the weather report, share jokes and news, express love and friendship.
SMS is becoming more and more popular. It is reported that 67% of young people like to send short messages to greet each other. Internet SMS will be more helpful to people. I am thankful for the progress because SMS saves me much money. Just on the top end of a thumb, so much joy can be found!
1. Is SMS—Short Message Service very popular in China? ___________________
2. How much does one short message cost according to the passage?____________
3. Which finger plays the most important role (角色) when sending short messages on mobiles?________________________________________
4. Who like SMS better, the young or the old? _______________________________
5. The passage is mainly about _________
Scientists are trying to make the deserts (沙漠) into good land again, They want to bring water to the deserts,______1________ They are learning a lot about the deserts. But more and more of the earth is becoming desert all the time. Scientists may not be able to change the desert in time.
__________2_____Scientists think that people make deserts. People are doing bad things to the earth. Some places on the earth don"t get very much rain. But they still don"t become deserts.______3______. Small green plants and grass are very important to dry places._____4_______ When a little bit of rain falls, the plants hold the water. ____5______.
A. This is because some green plants are growing there
B. so people can live and grow food
C. Without plants, the land can become a desert much more easily.
D. Plants don"t let the hot sun make the earth even drier.
E. Why is more and more land becoming desert?
(A) 选词并用其适当形式填空.( exercise two little die health dance enjoy )
1.Doing sports is good for our _____. You’d better keep _____.
2.We teenagers need at _____ eight hours’ sleep every night.
3.We are ____to climb Mount Tai.
4. His grandpa’s _____ made him sad.
5.Tina has two ________ lessons every day.
6.We should brush our teeth ____ a day.
7. My grandmother is well because she ____ every day.
8. I eat more vegetables and less meat. I think my _____________ ( eat ) habits are pretty good.
9. Look! Here _____________ ( be ) some money for you.
10. I think my healthy lifestyle helps me _____________ ( get ) good grades.
11. Mike with his friends _____________ ( exercise ) every day.
12. I think the best way _________(relax) is through exercise.
13. Jane is afraid of teeth ________(clean). 14. It’s good for us ___________(exercise).
15.What kind of dance are you _______(learn)?
How many of your classmates drink cola now? Nearly everyone ___1__(drink) it. Did you
know that cola was a kind of medicine about 200 years ago? John S. Pemberton was a doctor
from America. He said to his friends, I spent many months __2__(experiment) to find a kind
of medicine for headaches. I _3 (mix) up different oil(油) and ingredients together and heated them
until I found something helpful. So far, I have succeeded already. I put the medicine into
bottles and begin selling it in drugstores. The people have___4___( add) water to it before__5___ (drink)
Then, how did cola go from being a medicine to a soft drink? That came by
accident. One day, a man who had a headache came into a drugstore. He asked for
a bottle of cola. He wanted ___6__(take) it right away, so he asked the clerk
____7____(add) some water to the medicine while he was waiting. But
there__8__(be) no hot water at the drugstore. The clerk suggested using soda
water instead. The man agreed. After drinking it, the man said it tasted
wonderful. From then on, it
began to become more popular. Today cola is sold in most countries around the world.
Although it is no longer used to treat headaches, it is still very popular and fills people with
(A. often B. though C. least D. easy E. read F. school G. follow H. her I. how J. playing).
It is very important to stay healthy . I have a neighbor . She is an old lady. She can do all the housework, __1__ newspapers, watch TV and search on the Internet to learn something new，I often see __2__ do taijiquan in the morning and dance in the evening . She looks young and beautiful__3__ she is over seventy. Last week a reporter from a magazine interviewed her and asked __4__ she kept so young and healthy. She replied with a smile:
I have a secret of staying young and healthy. It is quite _5__ . Keep your mind active. Take an interest in the world around you, and learn at __6__ one new thing every day . Try to do different kinds of housework and do sports as __7__ as you can. Don’t think you are too old to go back to _8_. I know a man who entered a medical college when he was 70 years old. He studied there for 6 years and now he is a doctor. Another man went to a tennis school at the age of 71 and now he is good at _9_ tennis. Some people may say staying young is easy only for those who live in the future. In fact, no matter how old you are, you can make it .
Please tell the story to your family. It would be a good start to _10__the lady’s example. I hope all people will stay young and healthy.
1. These socks are two yuan a pair.(划线提问)_________ _________ are these socks?
2.She hardly every watches TV.(划线提问)______ _______ does she _______ TV?
3.Tom is 11 years old . Tom is ______ ______________ boy..
4.Dave spent 2 hours arriving Shanghai. It ______Dave 2 hours _____________ Shanghai.
5. He is always late for class.(否定句) He is ______late for class.
6.There is something in the fridge.(改为一般疑问句) ______ there _______ in the fridge?
IX. 书面表达。根据表格内容，介绍一下Liu Mei 的日常活动情况。
Actives Do homework Watch TV Surf the Internet ReadEnglish books Exercises Go to the movies
How often Two hours a day Hardly ever Three or four times a week Every day Twice a week Once a month
I. 1-5 DDCAA 6-10CABAB 11-15 DBCAC 16-20 CBBDC
II. 21-25ABBAA 26-30DCABC
III. 1. Yes 2. Ten fen 3. Thumb 4. The young
5sing SMS is popular and helpful to people.
V. 1. health; healthy 2. least 3. enjoyable 4. death 5. dancing 6. twice 7. exercises
8. eating 9. is 10. get/ to get 11. exercises 12. to relax 13. cleaning 14. eating 15learning
\VI. 1.drinks 2. experimenting 3. mixed 4. to add 5. drinking 6. to take 7. to add 8. was
VII.1.E 2.H 3. B 4. I 5.D 6. C 7. A 8. F 9. J 10. G
VIII. 1. How much 2. How often 3. an eleven-year-old 4. took ; to arrive
5.never 6. Is ; anything.