提供… 和应答 （Offers and responses）
1.- May I help you?
- Oh yes, thank you.
2.- Let me help you with the bags.
- Well, I can manage all right. Thanks just the same.
3.- Can we help you?
- I want to go to hospital. But I can‘t. My leg hurts.
4.- Must I clean the classroom now?
- Oh, you needn‘t.
5.- Would you like a cup of tea?
- Yes, please.
6.- What can I do for you?
- I‘d like to have an English-English dictionary.
问路和应答 （Asking the way and responses）
1.- Excuse me. Where is the washroom, please?
- Oh, it‘s over there.
2.- Excuse me. Can you tell me where the bookshop is?
- Look! It‘s on the other side of the road.
3.- How far is the post office, please?
- Only a few kilometers.
4.- Will you please tell me the way to the railway station?
- Go down this street. At the end of the road you‘ll see it.
5.- Excuse me. Could you tell me how I can get to the supermarket?
- Go straight along this road. Then go over the bridge and turn right at the bookshop. You‘ll find it.
1.- What can I do for you?
- I‘d like some apples.
2.- Where can I buy some stationery?
- Let‘s look at the shopping guide. Oh, it‘s on the ground Floor.
3.- Could I buy half a kilo oranges?
- Certainly. Here you are.
4.- Will you please show me that radio?
5.- How much is the radio?
- Ninety yuan.
6.- Good morning, sir. May I help you?
- Yes, I‘d like to buy a sweather.
谈论天气 （Talking about the weather）
1.- It‘s a fine day for a walk.
- Yes, the air is nice and clean.
2.- Oh dear! It‘s very cold today.
- Yes, you need to wear warmer clothes.
3.- What‘s the weather like today?
- It‘s fine.
4.- What‘s the weather like in your country now?
- It‘s very hot.
5.- Lovely weather, isn‘t it?
- Yes, isn‘t it?
6.- I missed the weather report this morning. Did you hear it?
- Yes. It said partly cloudy today, with a strong wind from The northwest.
时间或日期和应答 （Asking the time or date and responses）
1.- Hi, Mary. What time is it now?
- It‘s about three.
2.- What day is it today?
- It‘s Wednesday.
3.- Excuse me. Could you tell me what time the plane leaves?
- Certainly. It leaves at ten in the evening.
4.- What‘s the time? My watch has stopped.
- Let me see. It‘s five to ten.
5.- Excuse me. Have you got the time?
- Yes, it‘s six twenty.
6.- Excuse me. Could you tell me the time?
- Oh sorry, I don‘t have my watch with me.
约会 （Making appointments）
1.- Are you free next Wednesday evening? I want to go to the cinema with you?
- Yes, I‘d like to.
2.- When shall we meet, this evening or tomorrow evening?
- I don‘t mind. Either time is OK.
3.- Are you free later today?
- Sorry, I‘m free every day except today.
4.- Are you able to come tomorrow morning?
- I think so.
5.- Are you free this afternoon?
- Oh no. Will this evening be all right?
6.- I‘m busy today. What about tomorrow afternoon?
- That would be fine. Shall we make it nine o‘clock?
禁止和警告 （Prohibition and warnings）
1.- Don‘t climb that ladder! It‘s broken.
- OK. Thank you.
2.- Look out! There‘s a car coming.
- Oh, thank you.
3.- You mustn‘t play on the street. It‘s dangerous.
- No, we won‘t.
4.- Don‘t touch the machine when it is working.
- No, I won‘t. Thank you.
5.- You are not allowed to smoke here.
- Oh, I‘m sorry.
6.- You can‘t walk your dog in the park.
- Oh, I‘m sorry. I‘ll never do it again.
看病 （Seeing the doctor）
1.- I‘m feeling tired, doctor.
- Have a good rest and then you‘ll feel better.
2.- How are you feeling today?
- I‘m feeling even worse.
3.- Doctor, she is not feeling well.
- Nothing serious, I hope.
4.- Doctor, do I have to take the medicine before or after meals?
- Three times a day after meals.
5.- What‘s the matter?
- I‘ve got a headache.
6.- What‘s your trouble?
- I‘ve had a pain in my stomach since morning.
语言困难（XXIX. Language difficulties）
1.- I don‘t quite follow you, Mr Green. Will you please say it again?
2.- Do you follow what I‘m saying?
- Sorry, I can‘t follow you.
3.- I beg your pardon. Will you say it again?
- All right.
4.- Will you say it again more slowly? I can‘t follow you.
5.- Will you please repeat what you‘ve just said?
- OK. I‘ll repeat what I have said.
6.- I‘m sorry, I don‘t understand French. Do you speak English?
- Yes, I do.