71. Recent estimates show that ___ more than two million bird-watchers in the United States.
A. there are among B. are there the C. there are D. among the
72. Ellis Haizlip began his stage career in Washington, D.C., ___ supervised the Howard University Players during their summer season.
A. he was B. where he was C .which he D. where he
73. Some people hold that the more conservative the world becomes, have old furniture, old houses and old paintings.
A. the smarter is to B. the smarter it is to
C. is it the smarter so D. is one to the smarter
74. She was just about to explain ___ she hadn't passed her maths test chiefly out of carelessness ___ her uncle came.
A. her mother … when B. to her mother why … that
C. her mother that … when D. to her mother that … when
75. With the shining water before you and the wind ___ , trees behind you, you can not help ___.
A. blown … but feel relaxed B. blowing … feeling relaxed
C. blown … but feel relaxing D. blowing … but feel relaxing
76. "Will you be able to finish the job this week?" " ___ ."
A. I can't say it B. I don't know that
C. I'm not sure this D. I don't expect so
77. It's impossible for a child to do so much work within a short period of time, ________ ?
A. isn't it B. is it C. has it D. hasn't it
78. _______ that Mr Thomson got such rare fishes ?
A. When and where was it B. When and where it was
C. Was it when and where D. When and where were it
79. Only after a baby seal is pushed into the sea by its mother ___ to swim.
A. how will it learn B. it will learn how
C. will it learn how D. and it will learn how
80. Peter and Bob both did well, but Peter is ___ of the two.
A. more talented B. the most talented
C. most talented D. the more talented71. C
74. D explain/ announce等后面的结构是～ sth. to sb.或～ to sb. sth.，to 不可省略。
76. D I don't expect so.= I expect not. 能这样使用的动词还有 Believe, think和 suppose;而在hope等动词后，否定形式只有 I hope not.不能说 I don't hope so.
78. A 强调句
79. C only加状语提到主句前面时，主句中主语和谓语用部分倒装。