31. We all think that _____ no need to make laws to prevent the young from getting married during their college life.
A. it is B. there has C. it has D. there is
32. Postage ______, the necklace will cost you at least 650 yuan.
A. including B. included C. include D. to be included
33. With his eyes ______ on the family album, he thought of the fun he had when he lived with his parents.
A. fixing B. fixed C. to be fixed D. being fixed
34. George applied for the position three times ______ he finally got it.
A. before B. until C. when D. after
35. This robot is supposed to save a lot of labor, but it remains a problem if it ______.
A. is B. saves C. does D. has
36. There were many more people who got injured in the big fire than _______.
A. was reported B. it was reported
C. were reported D. they were reported
37. He doesn't know what to say, for it is the first time that he ______ with a girl.
A. went out B. goes out C. has gone out D. had gone out
38. _______ which way to take, the little boy behaved like a real gentleman who comforted his sister from time to time.
A. Leaving to wonder B. Having left to wonder
C. Left wondering D. Left to wonder
39. During the tourist season, there are many people wandering in this city to see the old castles _____ in the sixteenth century.
A. to be built B. being built
C. having been built D. built
40. When do you think ______ start the new attack?
A. they will B. will they C. they can D. can they
31. D There is no need (for sb.) to do sth.是一个固定句型，相当于 It is unnecessary ( for sb.) to do …;或 sb. have no need to do sth..
32. B postage included 等于including postage。
33. B fix one's eyes on / upon 是固定短语，表示"注视"
34. A 强调从句中谓语动词的动作发生的晚，表示"。。。。。。才。。。。。。"。
35. C do(es) 是代动词，用来代替上文save a lot of labor。
36. A 比较状语从句中省略与主句相同的成分，只保留比较对象。
38. C left wondering 中left的逻辑主语是the little boy，所以可转换成The little boy was left wondering…。
39. D 非谓语动词的动作先于句中谓语动词的动作时， 用过去分词。