1. The professor has ______ 11-year-old boy who has______ gift for dancing.
A. a; a B. an; the C. an; a D. the; 不填
2. They were arguing ___ their parents ___ how to spend the money.
A. with; about B. about; with C. with; in D. to; about
3. I didn’t think I’d like the movie, but actually it _____ pretty good.
A. has been B. was C. had been D. would be
4. —______ that he managed to get the book?
— Oh, his sister helped him.
A. Where was it B. What was it C. How was it D. Why was it
5. It’s good to know _____ the dogs will be well cared for while we’re away.
A. what B. whose C. which D. that
6. It was ______ cold winter night and the moon was shining brightly across ____ night sky.
A. 不填;a B. a; the C. the; a D. the; 不填
7. — How far can you run without stopping?
— ________. I’ve never tried.
A. Don’t mention it B. That’s all right
C. I have no idea D. Go ahead
8. The teacher asked us not to______ ours books or dictionaries when we are in the exam.
A. refer to B. look up C. take up D. contribute to
9. _________I have to give a speech, I get extremely nervous before I start.
A. Whatever B. Whenever C. Whoever D. However
10. He was _____ by his grandparents, so his parents seemed to be strangers to him.
A. brought out B. brought down C. brought in D. brought up
11. The report had all the attention ______ traffic accident.
A .focus on B. focusing to C. focused in D. focused on
12._______nice, the music in this film became popular soon after the film came about.
A. Being sounded B. Sounding C. Sounded D. To be sounded
13.He was in hospital for six months. He felt as if he was ______from the outside world.
A. cut out B. cut up C. cut off D. cut through
14. After living in the city for 10 years he returned to the small village ______ he grew up as a child.
A. which B. where C. that D. when
15. Justin kicked the ball into his own goal. It was______ his stupidity_______ we won the game.
A. thanks to; that B. thanks for; that
C. thanks to; which D. thanks for; which