第一节 语音知识(共5小题, 每小题1分, 满分5分)
1. request A. develop B. report C. petrol D. she
2. latter A. alive B. gas C. elevator D. plane
3. fluent A. difficult B. autumn C. suppose D. rude
4. lorry A. doctor B. stone C. some D. notice
5. native A. guide B. official C. recognize D. like]
第二节 情景对话(共5小题, 每小题1分, 满分5分)
根据对话情景和内容, 从对话后所给的选项中选出能填入每一空白处的最佳选项, 选项中有两个为多余选项。
Zhou Lan and Bruce are talking about listening to English.
Bruce: _____6______ in English
Zhou: I find listening really hard. Some times it's just impossible to understand.
Bruce: Well, you just need lots of practice. ______7_____.
Zhou: That's easier said than done!
Bruce: ______8______. Then you can listen to China Radio International or BBC English programs on the radio.
Bruce: Of course. And _____10___________and some books to go with them? I'm sure you'll find them useful.
A. Why don't you buy a radio?
B. Yes, that's a good idea.
C. Do you think that would help?
D. The more you listen to English, the easier it becomes.
E. you'd better find an English pen friend.
F. What do you find hardest?
G. why not buy some English tapes?
11. They asked him _______.
A. how did the accident come about
B. how the accident came about
C. when the accident comes about
D. when will the accident come about
12. The number of people invited ___fifty, but a number of them____ absent for different reasons.
A. were; was B. was; was C. was; were D. were; were
13. I told you that car, and now look what's happened.
A. not buy B. don't buy C. not to buy D. not buying
14. -What did the teacher say? I didn't understand.
-She asked us whether we ______to America next fall.
A. went B. had been C. will go D. would go
15. ________, his wife will sit at the table to wait for him to come back.
A. However he is late B. However is he late
C. However late he is D. However late is heX。K]
16. The examination was very easy. , our monitor didn't pass it.
A. In other words B. What's more
C. Believe it or not D. all the same
17. I think American English is a little ______ British English.
A. different from B.difference from
C. difference in D. different with.
18. I want to know how long _______.
A. has he been back B. has he come back
C. he has been back D. he has come back
19. Li Ping has some trouble remembering some English words, while Xiao Wang has some difficulties ______ English pronunciation.
A. in; in B. with; with C. with; in D. in; with
20. I beg your pardon? I don't quite you.
A. know B. follow C. clear D. listen to
21. English a lot of words from French.
A. brought in B. brought up C. brought on D. brought out
22. I don't think physics .
A. easy to be learned B. easy to learn
C. easily to be learned D. easily to learn
23. Li Lei gives me more help than .
A. Mary did B. Mary is C. Mary gives D. Mary does
24. I don't think she had a good time there, ?
A. do I B. did she C. doesn't she D. didn't she
25. ______ was the party like?
A. How B. which C. What D. When
Mr. Smith gave his wife ten pounds for her birthday. The day after her birthday Mrs. Smith went shopping. She got on 26 and sat down next to an old lady. 27 she noticed that the old lady's handbag was 28 . Inside it, she found a wad(沓)of pound notes 29 the one her husband had given her. She quickly 30 her own bag-the notes were 31 . Mrs. Smith was now sure that the old lady sitting 32 her must have stolen them. She thought 33 not have to call the 34 as she didn't like getting people 35 .
So she decided to take back the money 36 the lady's handbag and say 37 about it. She looked around the bus to make sure 38 was watching, then she carefully put her hand into 39 handbag, took out the notes and 40 her own handbag.
When she got home that evening, she showed 41 the beautiful hat she had bought. "How did you 42 it?" he asked. " 43 you gave me for my birthday, of course." "Oh, 44 then?" he asked, as he 45 a wad of pound notes on the table.
26. A.a bus B.a train C.an old ship D.a plane
27. A.In a minute B.After a while C.For a second D.On the moment
28. A.good B.old C.open D.shut
29. A.the same that B.perhaps was
C.probably as D.exactly like
30. A.looked at B.watched carefully
C.saw to D.looked into
31. A.gone B.missed C.disappear D.found
32. A.close B.next to C.before D.behind
33. A.she would B.he could C.she must D.he might
34. A.driver B.old lady C.police D.husband
35. A.to difficulty B.into trouble
C.out of work D.seeing her
36. A.into B.out C.away D.from
37. A.something B.everything
38. A.nothing B.somebody C.nobody D.neither
39. A.the old lady's B.her husband's
C.the police's D.her own
40. A.gave it away B.put them into
C.brought them out D.took it to
41. A.the driver B.the police
C.the old lady D.her husband
42. A.pay for B.spend on C.cost in D.take to
43. A.Use them B.With the money C.With that D.Using it
44. A.how is it B.what's that C.where is it D.why is this
45. A.put up B.held out C.pointed to D.handed up
第二部分 阅读 理解(共两节，满分40分)
Henry Ford was the first person to build cars which were cheap，strong and fast.He was able to se11 millions of models because be could produce them in large numbers at a time;that is，he made a great many cars of exactly the same kind.Ford's father hoped that his son would become a farmer，but the young man did not like the idea and he went to Detroit(底特律)where he worked as a mechanic(机械师).By the age of 29，in 1892，he had built his first car.However, the car made in this way，the famous "Model T" did not appear until 1908-five years after Ford bad started his great motor car factory.This car showed to be well-known that it remained unchanged for twenty year.Since Ford's tim this way of producing cars in large numbers has be come common in industry and has reduced the price of many goods which would otherwise be very expensive.
46.Henry Ford was the man to built _____ cars.
A.cheap and strong B.cheap and long
C.fast and expensive D.strong and slow
47.Ford was able to sell millions of cars，because_____.
A.he made many great cars B.his cars are many
C.he made lots of cars of the same kind D.both A and B
48.The young man became a mechanic，_______.
A.which was his father's will B.which was against his own will
C.which was against his father's will
D.which was the will of both
49.The "Model T" was very famous_____.
A.before 1908 B.between 1982 and 1908
C.before 1892 D.after 1908
50.Ford built his own car factory
A.in 1903 B.in 1908 C.in 1913 D.in 1897
Any attempt to study the development from the noises babies make to their first spoken words leads to considerable difficulties. It is agreed that they enjoy making noises, and that during the first few months one or two noises sort themselves as particularly expressive as delight, pain, friendliness, and so on. But since these can't be said to show the baby's intention to communicate, they can hardly be regarded as early forms of language. It is agreed, too, that from about three months they play with sounds for enjoyment, and that by six months they are able to add new words to their store. This self-imitation(模仿)leads on to deliberate(有意的)imitation of sounds made or words spoken to them by other people. The problem then arises as tohe point at which one can say that these imitations can be considered as speech.
It is a problem we need to get out teeth into .The meaning of a word depends on what a particular person means by it in a particular situation and it is clear that what a child means by a word will change as he gains more experience of the world .Thus the use at seven months of "mama" as a greeting for his mother cannot be dismissed as a meaningless sound simply because he also uses it at other times for his father, his dog, or anything else he likes. Playful and meaningless imitation of what other people say continues after the child has begun to speak for himself, I doubt, however whether anything is gained when parents take advantage of this ability in an attempt to teach new sounds.
51. Before children start speaking________.
A. they need equal amount of listening
B. they need different amounts of listening
C. they are all eager to cooperate with the adults by obeying spoken instructions
D. they can't understand and obey the adult's oral instructions
52. Children who start speaking late ________
A. may have problems with their listening
B. probably do not hear enough language spoken around them
C. usually pay close attention to what they hear
D. often take a long time in learning to listen properly
53. A baby's first noises are ________
A. an expression of his moods and feelings
B. an early form of language
C. a sign that he means to tell you something
D. an imitation of the speech of adults
54. The problem of deciding at what point a baby's imitations can be considered as speech________.
A. is important because words have different meanings for different people
B. is not especially important because the changeover takes place gradually
C. is one that should be properly understood because the meaning of words changes with age
D. is one that should be completely ignored(忽略)because children's use of words is often meaningless
55. The speaker implies________.
A. parents can never hope to teach their children new sounds
B. children no longer imitate people after they begin to speak
C. children who are good at imitating learn new words more quickly
D. even after they have learnt to speak, children still enjoy imitating
A student is learning to speak British English. He wonders (想知道): Can I communicate with Americans? Can they understand me? Learners of English often ask: What are the differences between British and American English? How important are these differences?
Certainly! there are some differences between British and American English. 'There are a few differences in grammar. For example, speakers of British English say "in hospital" and "Have you a pen?" Americans say "in the hospital!" and "Do you have a pen?". Pronunciation is sometimes different. Americans usually sound theirs in words like "bird" and "hurt". Speakers of British English do not sound theirs in these words. There are differences between British and American English in spelling and
vocabulary. For example, "colour" and "honour" are British, "color" and honor" are American.
These differences in grammar, pronunciation, spelling and vocabulary are not important, however. For the most part, British and American English are the same language.
56. According to this passage, a student who is learning to speak American English might be afraid that_______.
A. British people cannot understand him
B. American people cannot understand him
C. the grammar is too hard for him
D. the spelling is too hard for him
57. American English and British English are different in ________ A. spelling B. pronunciation C. grammar D. all of the above
58. What is not mentioned (提及) in the passage?
A. Whether there are differences between British English and American English.
B. Whether British English and American English are one language or two.
C. How the differences between British English and American English came about.
D. How important the differences are.
59 Most ________ say "Do you have a watch?"
A. British people B. Americans C. children D. teachers
60. According to this passage, British people and Americans have _________ difficulty in understanding each other.
A. little B. much C. some D. great
61. He works harder than _______ _______(以前).
62. He has been informed to _______ _______(出席) at tomorrow's meeting.
63. Are you _______ _______ (本地人)or a visitor?
64. Opinions should be always _______ _______ (以...为基础) facts.
65. India has a _______ _______ (众多的) of English speakers.
66. An_____(官员)of the local government called to see her.
67. The _____(航海)from America to France used to take long time.
68. When will scientist______(征服)cancer?
69.Rains are ______(频繁)here in early summer.
70.He has studied the _____(文化)of various western countries.[来
71.The police are still uncertain of the murderer's ______(身份)how to help the poor in the countryside.
72.Are you sure we are in the right ______(方向)?
73.An _____(电梯)is a kind of machine for raising and lowering something.
74.In America a flat is called a ______(公寓).
75.She looks young, but she's ______(实际)50.
76. People think I'm satisfied, just because of I don't complain.
77. He tried many different jobs and at the end he became a postman.
78. The number of students in our class are 50.
79. The church is close from our school, so we often hear the sound of the big bell.
80. You got a bad mark. That is because your father is so angry now.
81. Such a thing like her car being stolen has never happened here before.
82. These folk stories are handed down from one generation(一代人)to generation.
83. He taught himself law while worked in a supermarket.
84. During the harvest, the farmers have to work in the light of tractors in the evening.
85. The band played many songs, include some of my favorites.
Research shows that middle school students' health condition is declining obviously in recent years.Most students are nearsighted, some are weak or overweight and many can't reach the physical standard.It is absolutely true.
What causes such problems? First, many students spend too much time before computers or TV sets.Second, students have to prepare themselves for examinations in the severe competing society. As a consequence, they spend most of their time on their subjects. Third, many of them don't form the habit of taking physical exercises regularly.
It's necessary and crucial to find ways to improve students' health condition.
One available way is to do physical exercises at least an hour every day.In addition，a healthy diet is also contributive to it.At last，the schools should take measures to reduce the heavy schoolwork burdens of the students.
学校：西关中学 命题人：李昕泽 段常玲
1.C 2.B 3.D 4.A 5.B 6.F 7.D 8.A 9.C 10.G 11.B 12.C 13.C 14.D 15.C 16.C 17.A 18.C 19.D 20.B 21.A 22.B 23.D 24.B 25.C 26.A 27.B 28.C 29.D 30.D 31.A 32.B 33.A 34.C 35.B 36.D 37.D 38.C 39.A 40.B 41.D 42.A 43.B 44.B 45.C
46.A 47.C 48.C 49.D 50.A 51.B 52.D 53.A 54.B 55.D 56.A 51.D 58.C 59.B 60.A 61.ever before 62.be present 63.a native 64.based on 65.large numbe
66. official 67.voyage 68. conquer 69. frequent 70. cultures 71.identity 72. direction 73. elevator 74. apartment 75. actually 76. 去掉of 77.at改为in 78. are改为is 79.from改为to 80. because改为why 81.like改为as 82. 去掉one 83. worked改为working 84. in改为by 85. include改为including