7. a great / good many许多
(1) a great / good many + 名词复数，中间无“of”。A great many people have seen the film.
(2) a great / good many + of + the / these / those / one"s + 名词复数 A great many of the people have seen the film.
8. make yourself at home 别拘束
(1) make yourself at home 别拘束(主人对客人说的委婉语) -- Good evening, Jim. -- Good evening, Mary. Come in and make yourself at home.
(2) (all) by oneself 独自(没有别人帮助) You can"t possibly do it all by yourself.
(3) enjoy oneself = have a good time 玩得高兴 Please enjoy yourself while you"re spending your holiday in Hawaii.
(4) for oneself 亲自; 为自己The student wants to think it for himself. / One should not live for oneself alone.
(5) of oneself 自动地The door closed of itself suddenly.
(6) be oneself 身体或情绪好 I am not myself today.
(7) help oneself to + n. / pron. 随便...... Please help yourself to the fish.
(8) in oneself 本身 This is not a bad idea in itself.
(9) come to oneself 苏醒The injured man came to him- self in five minutes.
(10) between ourselves 私下说的话 All this is between ourselves.
9. the majority of... 大多数的......
(1) a / the majority of + 名词复数，作主语时，谓语动词多用复数。the majority 单独作主语，谓语动词用单数或复数形式均可。The majority of people seem to prefer watching games to playing games./ The majority were (was) in favour of the proposal.
(2) by a majority of + 数字，以超过......票的多数She won the election by a majority of 900 votes.
10. treat … as … 把…看做… The kind lady treated me as her own daughter.