(1) Pardon? / I beg your pardon.
(2) Sorry, I can"t follow you.
(3) Can you speak more slowly, please?
(4 )How do you say...in English."?
(5) I don"t know how to say that in English.
(6) I don"t know the word in English.
(7) How do you spell it, please?
(8) I"m sorry I only know a little English.
(9) Could you repeat that, please? Could you say that
(10) What do you mean by killing time?
1. -- ____ I didn"t hear you clearly. It"s too noisy here.
-- I was saying that the party was great.
A. Repeat. B. Once again.
C. Sorry? D. So what?
2. -- Do you like a house with no garden?
-- ____. But anyhow, it"s better to have one than none.
A. Not a bit B. Not a little
C. Not really D. Not specially
3. -- I"m sorry for stepping on your foot? -- ____.
A. It"s OK B. You are welcome
C. It"s your fault D. Never you mind
4. -- What you said at the meeting hurt me badly!
-- Sorry. But ____.
A. I didn"t mean it B. I didn"t mean to
C. I don"t mean it D. I don"t mean to
5. -- You seem to show interest in cooking.
-- ____? On the contrary, I"m tired of it.
A. Really B. Pardon C. OK D. What