1. Mice ran out of the fields looking for places to hide.
2. But the one million people of the city, who thought little of these events, were asleep….
3. The number of people who were killed or injured reached more than 400,000.
4. It seemed as if the world was at an end.
5. Water, food and electricity were hard to get.
句型：主语+ be + adj + to do 其中to do 用主动形式表示被动含义
6. All hope was not lost. all 与not 连用 表示部分否定
7. It’s never too late to learn. 活到老，学到老。
8. Then, later that afternoon, another big quake which was almost as strong as the first
one shook Tangshan.
9. Workers built shelters for survivors whose homes had been destroyed.
10. The army organized teams to dig out those who were trapped and to bury the dead.