21. The driver as well as the two children who______ injured in the accidents _______ out of danger now.
A. were; is B. were; are C. was; is D. was; are
22. The managers discussed the plan that they would like to see _____ the next year.
A. carry out B. carrying out C. carried out D. to carry out
23. After school, what my son enjoys _____ football.
A. playing B. to play C. is playing D. played
24. The ______ of a child’s body in the river has shocked the whole community.
A. display. B. notice C. observation D. discovery
25. The accident was ____ his careless driving.
A. due to B. because C. because of D. Both A and C
26. --- Have you ______ some new ideas?
---Yeah. I’ll tell you later.
A. come about B. come across C. come up with D. come out with
27. The new college graduates insisted _______ where they were most needed.
A. to be sent B. on sending C. on being sent D. to send
28. – I have some big news for you. You’ve been accepted as a member of our club.
-- ______ That’s great!
A. Have I ? B. Pardon? C. Congratulations! D. Good idea!
29. Every possible means ______ to prevent the air pollution, but the sky is still not clear.
A. is used B. are used C. has been used D. have been used
30. Practising Chinese Kung fu can not only ________ one’s strength, but also develop one’s character.
A. bring up B. take up C. build up D. pull up
31. The time he has devoted in the past ten years ______ the disabled is considered _____ of great value.
A. to help; being B. to helping; to be C. help; to be D. helping; being
32. Michael is ______ because he never takes any exercise.
A. under conditions B. on no condition
C. in condition D. out of condition
33. You’d better write down the phone number of that restaurant for future _______.
A. purpose B. reference C. progress D. memory
34. ----What made Mr Brown so angry?
----______ in the rain for two hours.
A. Because of waiting B. Being kept to wait C. Being kept waiting D. He was kept waiting
35. Barbara is easy to recognize as she’s the only one of the women who ______ evening dress.
A. wear B. wears C. has worn D. have worn