1. Add up (增加)your score and see how many points you can get.
2. Your friend comes to school very upset. The bell rings so you need to go to class. You will ignore the bell and go somewhere quiet to calm your friend down.(使某人平静下来). / tell your friend that you‟ve got to (不得不) go to class. / tell your friend that you are concerned about (关心,挂念) him/her but you have to go to class. You two will meet after class and talk then.
3. Your friend has gone on holiday (度假) and asked you to take care of 照顾his /her dog. While walking the dog (遛狗), you were careless and it got loose and was hit by a car.
4. Or are you afraid that your friend would laugh at (嘲笑) you, or just can‟t understand what you are going through? (经历)
5. She and her family hid away (躲藏) for nearly twenty-five months before they were discovered.
6. I don‟t want to settle down (写下) a series of 一系列facts in a diary as most people do, but I want this diary itself to be my friend, and I shall call my friend Kitty.
7. For example, when it was so warm, I stayed awake on purpose (故意) until half past eleven one evening in order to have a good look at the moon for once by myself.
8. Another time five months ago, I happened to (碰巧) be upstairs one evening when the window was open…. It was the first time in a year and a half that I‟d seen the night face to face…(面对面)
9. He used to work (过去常做某事) outdoors even in the middle of winter.
10. I‟ m getting along well with (与某人相处友好)a boy in my class.
11. Join in (加入) people‟s discussion. Try to make friends with(与某人交朋友) one or two classmates.
12. Mr. Jones lives alone (单独) and often feels lonely.孤独 We communicate with each other (相互交流)by Internet /through the Internet.
13. A friend in need is a friend indeed. (患难之交才是真正的朋友)
14. A friend to all is a friend to none. (滥交者无友)
15. With clothes the new are the best; with friends the old are the best. (衣服是新的好朋友是旧的好)