英语不止做为一门语言和交流工具，而是被提升到了必备技能的范畴，101教育网为大家推荐了高一英语知识点：Unit5 Nelson Mandela — a modern hero，请大家仔细阅读，希望你喜欢。
Unit5 Nelson Mandela — a modern hero Word usage：
1.willing adj: desiring to do what is wanted; not objecting eg. They are willing to come. eg. He is willing to do the job without payment.’
2.prison n: building for confining person convicted or accused of a crime eg. He was sent to prison for damaging public property. 词组be in prison在狱中， eg .He is now still in prison. put /throw sb into prison 把某人投入监狱 The two noblemen put/ threw Dr. Manette into prison without mercy. 3.Law n a)system of rules which are used to govern the conduct of a nation eg. He was against the law of the country, as a result, he was sentenced to death. b) the science or study of such rules eg. He is interested in the laws of nature.
3.advise v: suggest eg. We advised her that she (should) wait. 这个词跟suggest都表示建议之义，但要表示建议某人做某事只能用advise sb to do sth, 不能用suggest sb to do sth advise,suggest 后接宾语从句时,要用虚拟语气。其名词形式为advice,是一个不可数名词,要表达一条建议只能说成a piece of advice 4.equal adj:the same in number, quality, size, etc eg. Everybody had an equal chance. be equal to，be fit for胜任 eg. He is not equal to the job
5.reward a)n: somrthing given or received for service eg. It is unfair that he gets very little in reward for his hard work. b)v: to give a reward to eg. Winners will be rewarded a trip to England.
6.Hero n: a) man admired for his brave deeds. Eg. He is a war hero. b) chief male character in a story, play etc. eg. Tony is the hero in this play.
7.quality n: characteristic or level of goodness eg. She has many good qualities. One quality of this material is that it can endure much tress.
8.peaceful adj: calm or quiet eg. Our country is a peaceful country. It is a peaceful garden.
9.vote a)n: the result of an election eg. He was chosen as president by vote. b) to support or express by a vote eg. We have the right to vote.
10. accept v: receive or say yes to an offer eg. He accepted the reward. She refused to accept his invitation. 11. position n: place or post of employment eg. I want to know the position of the shop. The guns are in position.
He has a high position in society.
1. lose heart eg. Don’t lose heart you still have many chances. Though he failed many times, he didn’t lose heart.
2. (be) in trouble : in a situation that involves danger, pain, worry, etc eg. When I am in trouble, I always ask him for help. If we can’t finish the job on time, we will be in a lot of trouble.
3. fight against/with: struggle against sb/sth using physical force, in a war, battle, etc eg. He fought against the enemy in the war. England fought with Germany in the war of 1914—1918.
4. worry about: make sb anxious eg. She worried about her missing son. I worried about the result of the exam.
5. out of work: not having a paid job eg. She has been out of work for a year. He needs his family’s support because is out of work.
6.as a matter of fact: in fact eg. As a matter of fact, I don’t know the truth. He doesn’t mind at all. As a matter of fact he’s pleased. 7.blow up a) explode eg. The bomb blew up. b) lose one’s temper I’m sorry I blew up at you.
8. come to power: in power eg. Things have changed a lot since he came to power. He came to power last year.
9. set up : establish or create sth eg. One organization will be set up to solved the problem. They set up a tent to spend the night.
10. be sentenced t state that sb is to have a certain punishment eg. The thief was sentenced to six months’ imprisonment The criminal was sentenced to death.