1. Only then did we decide to answer violence with violence.
Only yesterday did his father tell him the truth.
Only when his father came back did he go to bed. (从句无需倒装，主句要倒装)
2. He strongly believed in the three principles: nationalism; people’s rights; people’s
3. I felt bad the first time I talked to the group.
the first time 用法相当于连词用法，用来引导从句
链接：It’s the first time that 现在完成时
It was the first time that 过去完成时
4. He taught us during the lunch breaks and the evenings when we should have been asleep.
(should have done 本应做而未做)
needn’t have done 本不应做而做了 can’t have done 过去不可能做过
1.die for 为某种事业或目的而死
die for one’s country/ the people/ the cause.
die of 死于内因
die from 死于外因
die from a car accident. 由于车祸而死
die by 死于暴力, 刀或剑等凶器 die by the sword/hanging
be dying for 极想得到... She is dying for a cup of water.
die through carelessness 因过失而死 die…down 凋落, 消失
die away 消失(渐渐远去) The sound died away. 声音渐渐远去。
die out 绝种 This kind of animal is dying out.
2. He fought against the German Nazis and Japanese invaders during World War II.
fight (fought, fought)
fight for 为......而战
fight against 与......作斗争
We will have to fight against difficulties.
They told the workers to fight for their rights.
3. He strongly believed in the three principles: nationalism; people’s rights; people’s
believe in 信任，信仰
Do you believe in God?
We believe in our government.
believe sb. = believe what sb. says 相信某人的话
believe in sb. 信任某人
He believe what he said because I believe in him.
4. in a peaceful way以和平的方式
talk (in) that way. 那样