例： Mr. Black said, “ I’m busy.”
Mr. Black said that he was busy.
例：1. He said, “ I like it very much.” → He said that he liked it very much.
2. He said to me, “I’v left my book in your room.”
→ He told me that he had left his book in my room.
“I don’t want to set down a series of facts in a diary,” said Anne.
→Anne said that she didn’t want to set down a series of facts in a diary.
The boy said, “I’m using a knife.”
→ The boy said that he was using a knife.
He said, “Light travels much faster than sound.”
He said that light travels much faster than sound.
例：1. “ Look at the example”, the teacher said to us.
2. Open the window!
例：1. “ Would you like to see my flat?” She asked.
2. Would you please open the window?
现在进行时表将来，表示最近按计划或安排要进行的动作，常见的现在进行时表将来的动词有：come/ go / leave/ arrive / travel / take / stay/ do等.
例：1. I’m coming. 我就来
2. what are you doing next Sunday ? 你下个星期天做什么?
3. I hear that you are travelling along Mekong River. 我听说你将沿湄公河旅行
4. Where are you staying at night? 你们晚上待在哪里/