6. How do most people get around this city?
A. On foot.
B. By bike.
C. By bus.
7. What is Megan doing?
A. She is reading.
B. She is calling.
C. She is singing.
8. Does the girl want an iced coffee or a hot coffee?
A. An iced coffee.
B. A hot coffee.
9. Why doesn"t the boy want the shirts?
A. Because they are too old
B. Because he doesn"t like their color.
C. Because he can"t wear them.
10. When"s the school trip?
C. The day after tomorrow.
11. ______ don"t like to play soccer.
A. The man B. The boys C. The girls
12. The jacket must belong to ______.
A. Sam B. Larry C. Don
13. Who does the sun hat belong to?
A. Anna. B. Maria C. Larry.
14. Anna bought the ______ on the way here.
A. magazine B. jacket C. sun hat
15. ______ brought the CDs to the picnic.
A. Don B. Sam C. Brad
The message is from Ann to David.
Ann"s problem: Her 16. ______ is broken. So she can"t 17. ______ him at l8.______ o"clock
Message: Ann will meet David at 5:30 on 19. ______
Ann"s phone number: 20. ______.
A ) 单项选择（共15小题，满分15分）
21. Turn down the music. It hurts my ______.
A. nose B. eyes C. ears
21. C【解析】考查名词辨析。句意："关小音乐。它伤害我的 _____"根据语境，太大声的音乐应该伤害是耳朵，而不是鼻子或者眼睛，故选C。
22. Eat your own food. Don"t eat ______.
A. me B. mine C. it
22. B【解析】考查代词辨析。句意："吃你自己的食物。不要吃我的"根据语境，这里名词性物主代词mine=my food，故选B。
23. A quarter to four is ______.
A. 3:15 B. 3:45 C. 4:15
23. B【解析】考查数词 辨析。A quarter to four是再过一刻钟就到4点，即3:45，故选B。
24. Alex, look ______ you! You"re wet.
A. at B. for C. after
24. A【解析】考查动词词组词义辨析。句意："亚历克斯，你看你！都湿了。"look at看，look for寻找，look after照顾；根据语境，故选A。
25. I didn"t go surfing ____ __ it was too cold
A. though B. so that C. because
25. C 【解析】考查连词辨析。句意："我没去冲浪因为太冷" though虽然；so that因此； because因为。根据语境，故选C。
26. The car is ______. It needs washing.
A. clean B. dirty C. old
27. ______ is your grandmother? Is she fine?
A. What B. How C. Where
27. B【解析】考查疑问代词辨析。句意："你的祖母怎样？她好吗？"what什么；how怎样； where哪儿。根据语境，故选B。
28. The answer is wrong. There are ______ mistakes.
A. some B. no C. much
29. You ______ tell anybody about this--it"s a secret.
A. can B. must C. mustn"t
29. C【解析】考查情态动词辨析。句意："关于这个，你____告诉任何人--这是个秘密。"根据语境，因为是秘密，所以不可以告诉任何人。A. can能够；B. must必须；C. mustn"t不可以；故选C。
30. The money ______ real. In fact, it"s not.
A. is B. looks C. must be
30. B【解析】考查动词辨析。句意："这钱……真的。事实上，它不是真的。"因为不是真的，所以只能是看起来是真的。A. is是；B. looks看起来；C. must be一定是。根据语境，故选B。
31. He almost fell down. But he ______.
A. didn"t B. doesn"t C. won"t
32. ______ this kind of question often asked in your class, Ann?
A. Is B. Does C. Has
33. People who won"t work should be made ______.
A. work B. to work C. working
33. B【解析】考查非谓语动词。句意："不工作的人应该是去工作。"因为make sb do sth句式改成被动式时，省略的to要还原，即sb be made to do sth，而working则表示一直工作（若是一直工作就有点不够人道了），故选B。
34. I like sweet-and-sour pork ribs (糖醋排骨) ______ my mother cooks.
A. that B. who C. what
35. Gina always asks ______, because her things are everywhere.
A. where are her keys B. her keys are where C. where her keys are
Are there aliens? In the movie Home there 36 . The Boov are aliens. But their enemies ruined their planet. 37 the Boov have to find a new planet. They choose to go to 38 and drive people away.
Earth is a good place. The Boov are 39 there. They have a party to celebrate. But a Boov named Oh makes a big 40 . He asks everyone to come to their party, including their enemies. Other Boov think Oh is 41 spy(间谍). Oh 42 run away. He meets Tip, the last 43 on Earth. Tip is smart. The Boov can"t catch her.
Both Oh and Tip are on the run. They become friends and go on adventures. On the way, the
44 change each other"s world. And they get to understand the true meaning of "_45_".
36. A. be B. is C. are
37. A. So B. But C. Or
38. A. Moon B. Earth C. Sun
39. A. happy B. afraid C. angry
40. A. surprise B. mistake C. joke
41. A. a B. the C. /
42. A. can B. have to C. has to
43. A. toy B. girl C. boy
44. A. one B. two C. three
45. A. home B. planet C. Boov
36. C【解析】考查there be句型。根据上文are there…，可知答案为C。
37. A【解析】考查连词辨析。A. So 因此；B. But 但是；C. Or否则；或者。根据上文"但是敌人毁了他们的星球"，因此the Boov不得不找一个新的星球。故答案为A。
38. B【解析】考查名词辨析。A. Moon月球；B. Earth地球；C. Sun太阳。根据下文"Earth is a good place."地球是一个好地方。可知答案为B。
39. A【解析】考查形容词辨析。A. happy 开心的；B. afraid 害怕的；C. angry生气的。根据下文"They have a party to celebrate."他们聚会庆祝，可知他们过得很开心，故答案为A。
40. B【解析】考查名词辨析。A. surprise 吃惊；B. mistake错误；C. joke玩笑。根据下文"He asks everyone to come to their party, including their enemies."，他要求每个人都来参加他们的聚会，包括他们的仇敌。可知他犯了个错误，故答案为B。
42. C【解析】考查情态动词辨析。can能够；have/has to不得不；第三人称单数用has to。根据上文"其他Boov认为Oh是个间谍"，所以Oh不得不逃跑。（Oh是一个人，）故答案为C。
43. B【解析】考查名词辨析。A. toy 玩具；B. girl 女孩；C. boy男孩。根据下文"The Boov can"t catch her."，Boov抓不住她。可知Tip是个女的，故答案为B。
44. B【解析】考查数词辨析。根据上文"Both Oh and Tip are on the run"，可知总共就两人Oh and Tip，故答案为B。
45. A【解析】考查名词辨析。根据第一段"In the movie Home"，可知他们开始理解"家"的真正含义。故答案为A。
A) 选择题(共 15小题，满分30分）
A thirsty crow (乌鸦) comes across(偶然遇到) a bottle of water, but the water le vel is out of its reach. The bird then drops some stones into it and gets the water.
"It"s just a story," you may think. But new research has found that crows" brains may sometimes be better than those of 6-year-old children.
In a recent experiment, American scientist Corina Logan and her team caught six crows to test them. The crows and children had to choose between two sets of tubes(试管). They had to drop stones in and get water.
With the red set, when they dropped a stone into a wide lube, the water level raised in a connected narrow tube. The blue set of tubes, however, had no connection between them.
Children aged 7 to 10 were able learn the rule. Children aged 4-6, however, failed. Five of the six crows failed the test. But Kitty, a 6-month-old crow, passed it. She put most of the stones into the red tubes.
So, could a bird be more clever than a kindergartner? Don"t be too quick to say no.
46. The first paragraph is ______ about crows.
A. a piece of news B. a story C. a tr uth
47. ______ failed the test?
A. Kitty B. Children aged 7 to 10 C. Children aged 4 to 6
48. From the text, we know crows" brains may ______ be better than those of 6-year-old children.
A. sometimes B. always C. never
49. How many crows did the team do the experiment on?
A. 5 B. 6 C. 7
50. What does the underlined word kindergartner mean?
A. 幼儿园小明友 B. 幼儿园老师 C. 幼儿园
47. C【解析】细节理解题。根据原文"Children aged 4-6, however, failed." 4 - 6岁的儿童，然而，失败了。故选择C。
48. A【解析】细节理解题。根据第二段"But new research has found that crows" brains may sometimes be better than those of 6-year-old children."但是新的研究发现，乌鸦的大脑可能有时比6岁的孩子厉害。故选择A。
49. B【解析】计算题。根据原文 "Five of the six crows failed the test. But Kitty, a 6-month-old crow, passed it." 六只乌鸦中的五只测试失败了。但是凯蒂，一个6个月大的乌鸦，通过了。可知总共是六只乌鸦参加测试，故选择B。
50. A【解析】词意猜测题。根据原文"those of 6-year-old children"那些六岁的小孩，可知是幼儿园小朋友，故选择A。
Are you a good helper in the kitchen? Flynn McGarry, from the US, does more than that. The 15-year-old boy began cooking at the age of ten. And now he has his own restaurant.
McGarry practiced his cookery skills after school. He taught himself from books and the internet. The boy really loves cooking. In his room, there are no video games but cooking tools. He turned his room into an experimental kitchen called Club Eureka.
Today, many famous people pay around $ 160 per person to eat in McGarry"s Club Eureka. The New York Times magazine described his food as "creative".
As for the future, McGarry wants to open a Michelin-Starred restaurant. He hopes to make it one of the world"s 50 Best and "maybe top 5".
51. When did McGarry begin to learn cooking?
A. When he was five.
B. When he was ten.
C. When he was fifteen.
52. Who taught McGarry cookery skills?
A. His parents.
B. His teachers.
C. He himself.
53. Why did McGarry learn cooking?
A. Because he loves cooking.
B. Because he wanted to make money.
C. Because his parents asked him to learn cooking.
54. Which of the following is NOT true about Club Eureka?
A. McGarry is the owner.
B. McGarry is the cook.
C. The food is free.
55. What does McGarry want to do in the future?
A. To have an experimental kitchen.
B. To have a world"s top restaurant.
C. To cook for famous people.
51. B【解析】细节理解题。根据第一段原文"began cooking at the age of ten"十岁开始烹饪，故选择B。
52. C【解析】细节理解题。根据第二段原文"He taught himself from books and the internet."，他从书本和网络上自学，可知答案为C。
53. A【解析】细节理解题。根据第二段原文"The boy really loves cooking."这孩子真的很喜欢烹饪，故选择A。
54. C【解析】细节理解题。根据原文"many famous people pay around $ 160 per person to eat in McGarry"s Club Eureka."每人需要付大约160美元，而不是免费，故选择C。