1. Whose pen is it?
A. Tom"s B. Jim"s C. Bob"s
2. Where are they?
A. At a bookstore. B. At a clothes shop C. At a restaurant.
3. When"s the boy"s birthday?
A. March 3rd. B. January 3rd. C. January 2nd.
4. How does the man study for the English test?
A. By asking the teacher for help. B. By doing homework. C. By listening to the tape.
5. What does the man think of Mary?
A. Lazy. B. Very hard-working C. Clever.
6. How does the boy get to school?
A. On foot. B. By bike. C. By bus.
7. How far is the boy"s home from the school?
A. 30 meters. B. 300 kilometers. C. 300 meters.
8. What day is it today?
A. Sunday. B. Monday. C. Saturday.
9. When will she start?
A. At 8:15. B. At 7:45. C. At 8:00.
10. Where"s the bus stop?
A. Near Beihu Park. B. Next to their school. C. Across from their school.
11. How long has the boy been late today?
A. More than one hour. B. One hour. C. Less than one hour.
12. What"s the relationship(关系) between the boy and the woman?
A. Mother and son. B. Sister and brother. C. Teacher and student.
13. Why didn"t the boy hear the alarm?
A. He didn"t turn it on. B. He was asleep when the alarm went off. C. The alarm clock was broken.
14. What would Sally like for lunch?
A. Rice and beef. B. Vegetable soup. C. Both A and B.
15. How much is the meal?
A. ＄50. B. ＄15. C. ＄25.
16. How soon will the meal be sent to Sally?
A. In 20 minutes. B. In 10 minutes. C. Very soon.
17. When will the exam end?
A. At 9:00 am. B. At 10:00 am. C. At 11:00 am.
18. Why isn"t Mr. Green here?
A. Because he has gone to America. B. Because he"s ill. C. Because he has gone to England.
19. Can the students guess in the exam according to the passage?
A. Yes, they can. B. No, they can"t. C. We don"t know.
20. Which of the following is true?
A. If there is a difficult question in the exam, please stop and think it for a long time.
B. Try to leave the questions unanswered when you finish the test.
C. Relax yourselves before you answer the question.
21. This is old computer. I want a new one.
A. a B. an C. / D. the
22. -What"s name?- is Eric.
A. his, He B. his, His C. he, His D. he, He
23. Although he"s over 70, he is full of energy.
A. but B. and C. so D. /
24. - is the restaurant from the post office?-It"s about 5 minutes" ride.
A. How long B. How often C. How far D. How many
25. It"s necessary for us English well.
A. to learn B. learning C. learn D. learns
26. Roy thinks he works as as his friend, Dan.
A. hardly B. harder C. hard D. more hardly
27. The green dictionary belong to . Her name is on it.
A. may, Carla"s B. must, Carla C. can"t, Carla D. must, Carla"s
28. The number of the volunteers 100 now. And a small number of them already gone to the workplace.
A. is, have B. are, have C. is, are D. is, has
29. Everyone is born the ability to learn.
A. at B. on C. with D. in
30. Do you know the man saved three pupils in the accident?
A. who B. it C. whom D. whose
31. This hotel us a large house.
A. provides, for B. offers, to C. provides, with D. offers, with
32. It"s reported that people throw plastic bags along this street every day.
A. hundred B. hundreds C. hundred of D. hundreds of
33. We don"t know when next week. Please call me when he arrives.
A. will he arrive B. does he arrive C. he will arrive D. he arrives
34. -Could you please turn off the TV？- , I . I want to watch the sports news.
A. No, couldn"t B. Sorry, can"t C. Sure, can D. Sorry, couldn"t
35. Your mother always i n you, right?
A. take pride B. take proud C. takes pride D. takes proud
This story happened in a small mountain village. One day there was an earthquake. Nothing was destroyed and
36 was hurt. But a huge rock fell from a nearby mountain and stopped in the middle of the road.
When the earthquake 37 , many people came to the road and saw the huge rock. Some of the strongest men tried to lift the rock 38 the road. But they couldn"t move it. They tried to push it but failed. They tried to 39 it with ropes but nothin g worked.
"Well," they all agreed, "There"s nothing we can do about it. We"ll have to change the 40 ." At this time a boy of 12 years old said, "I think I can help you to move the rock."
"You?" they shouted, "What are you talking about?" The men all 41 at the boy.
The next morning some people came into the street. One of them shouted, "The rock is 42 !" More people ran out to see. It was right. The rock wasn"t in the road any more. It wasn"t 43 near the road.
"This is 44 ," they said, "Where did it go?"
The boy stood in the street, 45 , "I told you I could move it last night."
The boy walked over to where the 46 had been and uncovered some earth. "I buried it," he said.
The people looked 47 . "You see," he said, " I dug a deep hole next to the rock and I dug a small incline （斜坡）up to the rock and the rock 48 down into the hole by itself. I covered it with earth."
The crowds shouted, "What a 49 boy!" And some of them said, "Why haven"t we thought of this good
36. A. somebody B. nobody C. anybody D. everybody
37. A. stops B. started C. happened D. stopped
38. A. over B. into C. off D. onto
39. A. push B. lift C. change D. pull
40. A. road B. stone C. rope D. village
41. A. looked B. laughed C. called D. pointed
42. A. gone B. missed C. broken D. stolen
43. A. very B. quite C. even D. still
44. A. heavy B. dangerous C. special D. impossible
45. A. crying B. smiled C. thinking D. smiling
46. A. street B. town C. rock D. mountain
47. A. surprised B. sad C. happy D. relaxed
48. A. lay B. dropped C. walked D. ran
49. A. clever B. strong C. brave D. poor
50. A. boy B. hole C. story D. way
A Telephone Message
From: Ren Xue To: Yu Wei
Date: May 23rd Time: 16:00
Message: She says that you must put on your sports shoes, your hat and sunglasses, bring some food and drinks, and ride a bike to meet her at the school gate at 8:00 tomorrow.
Tel: 84676352. Taken by: Mother.
May 13th, 2015
An MP5 was found in the library on the morning of May 13 th. Please call 87058344 or come to Class 1, Grade 9 to get it.
Lin Xiang Sunshine Club
FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
FROM 12 TO 18 YEARS OLD
Every Saturday 6:30 am-9:30pm
London Street 28
Just 5 yuan a time
Games, music, dancing and more
51. Yu Wei will meet Ren Xue at the school gate .
A. at 8:00, on May 23rd B. at 8:00, on May 24th
C. at 16:00, on May 23rd D. at 16:00, on May 24th
52. Tomorrow Yu Wei and Ren Xue will probably .
A. go hiking B. go to a party C. go to movies D. join the Sunshine Club
53. Which number can Maria call at if her MP5 is lost?
A. 84676352. B. 87539683. C. 87539682. D. 87058344.
54. Which of the following people is allowed to join the club?
A. A 10-year-old kid. B. A 14-year-old boy. C. A 19-year-old student. D. A 30-year-old parent.
55. When can we go the club .
A. At 7:00 pm on Saturday B. At 10:00 pm on Saturday
C. At 7:00 am on Sunday D. At 1:00 pm every day
Amy had three sons, Dave, Bill and Bob. Every year her sons sent her expensive gifts on her birthday.
The eldest son Dave, had a lot of money and he wanted his mother to have the most expensive gifts, but he didn"t know what to buy. So he put an ad in the newspaper. "Wanted-the greatest gift for my mother."
About a week before his mother"s birthday, a man came to his office. He brought a big bird.
"This bird can speak six languages and sing eight songs." the man said.
"Really? I"d like to listen to it," Da ve said.
The man made the bird talk in French and tell a joke in Japanese. Then the bird sang a beautiful song. Dave was very happy and paid eight thousand dollars for the bird. The next day Dave sent the bird to his mother with a birthday card.
The day af ter his mother"s birthday he called his mother. "Well, mother" he asked, "What do you think of the bird?"
"Oh, it"s very delicious, dear." said his mother.
56. is the eldest brother?
A. Bob B. Bill C. Dave D. Amy
57. W hat did Bill put in the newspaper?
A. A show B. A joke C. An ad D. A report
58. How many songs could the bird sing?
A. Five B. Six C. Seven D. Eight
59. How much did the bird cost Dave?
A. ＄8 B. ＄80 C. ＄800 D. ＄8000
60. How did the mother deal with the bird?
A. She sold it. B. She played with it. C. She ate it. D. She gave it to others.
Carrots are grown all over the world. They are easy to plant and easy to harvest. They have a good taste.
When people think about carrots, they usually think they are a kind of long, thin, orange-colored vegetable. In fact, carrots are in many different sizes and shapes. And not all carrots are orange.
Carrots should be grown in a field that does not have water for a long time. The earth also should not be too hard. To prepare your carrot garden, dig up the earth and turn it over(翻土).
Weather, soil condition(土壤状况), and time affect(影响) the taste of carrots. Warm days and cool nights are the best time to grow great delicious carrots.
The best way to decide if a carrot is ready to be harvested is by its color. Usually, the brighter the color is, the better the taste is.
Most people do not know that carrots can be grown during the winter months. If the winter is not cold enough to freeze the ground, you can grow carrots the same way as you do during the summer months.
Carrots are prepared and eaten in many different ways. They are cut into thin pieces and cooked with other vegetables or meat. Or, they are washed, and eaten just a s they come out of the ground.
61. What does the underlined word "harvest" mean?
A. 品尝 B. 收获 C. 种植 D. 销售
62. What can affect the taste of carrots?
A. Weather and tome B. Weather and soil condition
C. Soil condition and time D. Weather, time and soil condition
63. carrots have a better taste.
A. The long B. The orange C. The thin D. The bright
64. Which is the right order according to the article?
a. Carrots are eaten in different ways.
b. Carrots are in many sizes and shapes.
c. Dig up the earth and turn it over before planting carrots.
d. The best way to decide if a carrot is ready to be harvested is by its color.
A. b→a→c→d B. b→c→d→a C. c→b→d→a D. d→c→b→a
65. Which of the following is Not true?
A. Carrots are easy to plant and easy to harvest.
B. Carrots should be grown in a field without water for a long time.
C. Everyone knows that carrots can be grown during the winter months.
D. Carrots have a good taste.
Switzerland is one of the most developed countries in Europe. It is famous as one of the cleanest countries in the world.
Th e Swiss think that recycling is very impor tant. The government has made laws (法律) which require everyone to recycle. In 1998, the Swiss government passed a law which says that people can not throw away any electronic machines. Instead, people are told to bring old ones, such as televisions, computers and fridges, to special centers when they didn"t need them. Many parts of the old machines are reused, and only the parts that can"t be used are thrown away. The government also charges(收费) a rubbish bag tax(税收). I f people want their rubbish to be collected, they must buy yellow stickers(张贴物) and put them on their rubbish bags. In 2003, 47% of all rubbish in the cities was recycled. This included 70% of paper, 95%of glass, 71%of plastic bottles and 85-90%of cans. Until recently, people could get a small amount of money when they recycled their bottles. Recycling has become a daily habit for the Swiss.
Everyone should learn from the Swiss, and our country will be clean like Switzerland.
66. According to the passage, Switzerland is famous for .
A. its food B. its watches C. its environment D. its laws
67. How much rubbish in the cities was recycled in 2003?
A. About 70%. B. 95%. C. 47%. D. 85-90%
68. What can people do according to the law?
A. Bring old computers to special centers. B. Reuse the parts of the old machines that can"t be used.
C. Throw away electronic machines. D. A and C.
69. How can people in Switzerland get a small amount of money?
A. Put yellow stickers on their rubbish bags. B. Recycle their bottles.
C. Bring old electronic machines to special centers. D. Have a good habit.
70. The best title of the article is .
A. One of the Cleanest Countries in the World B. The Swiss Government
C. Recycling in Switzerland D. Learning from the Swiss