1. ___________ 2. ___________ 3. ___________ 4. ___________ 5. ___________
6. A. French. B. Red. C. Taxi.
7. A. Hold on, please. B. Have a good time! C. What a pity!
8. A. About two hours. B. For 5 years. C. Almost twice a week.
9. A. Well done! B. No, thanks. C. Sure, my pleasure.
10. A. I really enjoy it. B. Take it easy. C. Go ahead.
11. What did Linda have for breakfast?
A. Beef noodles. B. Porridge. C. Bread.
12. How does Susan improve her reading?
A. By taking notes. B. By studying with a group. C. By reading for fun.
13. Why is Mrs. Black so happy?
A. Because it"s her birthday. B. Because her son"s coming. C. Because her books sell well.
14. Where is the Tower of London?
A. Near Big Ben. B. Next to Tower Bridge. C . Across from London Eye.
15. What does Tom"s math teacher look like?
A. He"s tall and handsome. B. He"s a little bit heavy. C. He"s kind of short.
16. Who is Tina going to meet?
A. Miss Bell. B. Mr. Trent. C. Mr. Bell.
17. What time is the flight supposed to arrive?
A. 11:45. B. 12:15. C. 15:30.
18. Where did Tina"s friend fly from?
A. Beijing, China. B. Tokyo, Japan. C. Toronto, Canada.
19. What"s the flight number?
A. It"s KZ 632. B. It"s F Z 362. C. It"s OZ 326.
20. Where would Tina like to meet her friend?
A. At a coffee shop. B. At a tea shop. C. At a book shop.
London has many museums, and one of the most 21. is the British Museum. Thousands of people visit it every 22. . Lots of interesting things from different times and places can be seen there. The British Museum is very serious, so there"s no shouting and no running. People mustn"t make a noise, and they mustn"t 23. the exhibits (展品). Photography 24. allowed in the British Museum, so it"s a good idea to visit the museum shop and you can buy postcards there. The museum is free for everyone, so you can visit it as 25. as you like.
26. The Browns had a party with their neighbors yesterday. _______ all enjoyed themselves.
A. We B. You C. Them D. They
27. - _______ have you lived in Lanzhou?
- Since my parents found jobs here.
A. How long B. How far C. How soon D. How old
28. I paid ￥10 for _______ this morning.
A. 4 bottle milks B. 4 bottles of milk C. 4 bottles of milks D. 4 milk
29. What does the sign mean?
A. No parking. B. No photos. C. No eating. D. No smoking.
30. I _______ with my parents when he rang me up yesterday afternoon.
A. am shopping B. am shoping C. was shopping D. was shoping
31. - This is your order, a sandwich and an apple pie. _______
- I"ll have it here.
A. For here or to go? B. Something to drink? C. Anything else? D. Is that OK?
32. He ate a lot and did little exercise, so he _______ 10 pounds.
A. put on B. put away C. put out D. put off
33. - Li Ming, do you know _______ this year?
- It"s on June 20th.
A. when is the Dragon Boat Festival B. when is the Mid-autumn Festival
C. when the Mid-autumn Festival is D. when the Dragon Boat Festival is
34. This place _______ a factor y but now it is a park.
A. used to being B. used to be C. is used to D. using to be
35. - I wonder if this smart phone is Mary"s.
- It _______ belong to her. _______ is totally different from this one.
A. mustn"t; Her B. can"t; Her C. can"t; Hers D. may; Hers
36. He has ordered a watch on line for his father and it _______ to him before Father"s Day.
A. send B. will be sent C. was sent D. sent
37. _______ of the land in that district is covered with trees and grass.
A. Fifth two B. Two fifth C. Fifth second D. Two fifths
38. - How do you like this house?
- _______ It"s everything I"ve been looking for.
A. Terrible! B. Perfect! C. Awful! D. Delicious!
39. She says that she"ll have to close the shop _______ business improves.
A. if B. or C. unless D. because
40. Which sound goes with the word "fiction"?
Once there lived an unhappy king who slept badly and didn"t feel like eating anything. This made 41 queen and his people worried. A doctor was called in to 42 him. The doctor said it"s all in his mind instead of his body. So 43 medicine nor rest could help him but a shirt of a happy person.
The prime minister was called to the palace. When hearing the king"s situation, he said, "Although I have much power, it doesn"t make me 44 . I"m always worried about losing it." Then, the king"s banker came and said he had lots of wealth, but he also worried about losing it. He was never happy, either. Next, the palace singer came and his words were almost the same.
Finally, the top general was told to find a happy man in 45 time. Luckily, he found a poor man without power, money or fame singing happily on a street. The general asked him
46 made him so happy. The poor man answered that he had everything he wanted and he didn"t want those he couldn"t have. His songs came from the happiness in his heart. When the general asked for the man"s shirt, 47 , the man said, "What shirt? I don"t own any shirts!"
41. A. a B. an C. the D. /
42. A. examine B. notice C. look D. watch
43. A. none B. neither C. both D. all
44. A. happily B. unhappily C. unhappy D. happy
45. A. three day B. three days" C. three day"s D. three-days
46. A. that B. which C. what D. where
47. A. to his surprise B. after all C. as usual D. in total
Bees live in a house that is called a hive. There are three kinds of bees: workers, drones (雄蜂) 48 queens. Only one queen bee can live in each hive. If she is lost or dead, the other bees 49 their work.
Workers are very clever and busy. They all join together 50 small rooms called cells of wax for their honey. Each worker bee does its own work. Some go out and collect honey from the flowers; 51 stay at home and work inside the hive. The cells 52 have six sides are made by worker bees. Did you ever look into a glass hive and see them while at work? It is 53 to see how busy they always are. Before winter comes, all the drones are driven from the hive 54 they don"t eat the honey they did not collect.
It is not safe 55 children to be too close to bees. Bees have painful stings
they use in their defense (防御).
48. A. and B. or C. but D. either
49. A. are stopped B. stops C. will stop D. stopped
50. A. builds B. built C. build D. to build
51. A. the other B. others C. another D. other
52. A. who B. whom C. which D. /
53. A. pleasant B. boring C. scary D. tiring
54. A. in order to B. so as to C. as long as D. so that
55. A. to B. for C. in D. with
56. What time do western people usually have dinner?
A. About midday. B. At 5:00 in the afternoon.
C. Around 7 p.m. or even later. D. Before 7:00 in the afternoon.
57. Most food in the West is eaten with ______________.
A. spoons B. chopsticks C. fingers D. knives and forks
58. What will a host probably say to a guest at the start of a meal?
A. "Can I help you?" B. "Eat slowly!"
C. "Help yourself!" D. "Could you serve me?"
59. When might people want to say, "I"m sorry, I can"t eat this."?
A. If they"ve been given something they don"t like. B. If they are full.
C. If the hosts keep offering a lot of food to them. D. If they are not hungry.
60. Which of the following is helpful when you"re in the West according to the poster?
A. You can leave as soon as you"ve finished eating.
B. If you don"t know what to do, just watch the others and do as they do.
C. You can"t eat chicken legs with your fingers.
D. The fork is held in your right hand and the knife in your left.
61. According to the poem, ______________ has come so fast.
A. the end of school B. the exam C. the celebration D. the new class
62. What does the underlined word delight mean?
A. Sickness. B. Sadness. C. Happiness. D. Fairness.
63. What"s waiting for you all according to the poem?
A. Too many subjects. B. The same school. C. Similar faces. D. A new life.
64. This poem can probably be used ______________.
A. in a welcome party B. in a birthday party C. on a prom night D. on a Silent Night
65. The purpose of this poem is to __________ ____.
A. tell us to say thanks to all our teachers
B. encourage us to be positive and move on our senior high
C. tell us that we should do something for our junior high schools
D. remind us of our happy junior high life
Earthquakes usually come without warning. What should you do if this happens to you? An earthquake is dangerous, but there are still things you can do to protect yourself.
" Stay calm as the earth begins to shake. Your chances of survival (幸存；存活) in an earthquake go up if you can keep calm. 66.
" 67. You need to have something strong around you to protect you from falling objects. Do not stand near walls or windows and stay out of the kitchen. The kitchen is dangerous because of many glass objects.
" 68. Stay away from buildings and trees. If you are in a car, pull over to a place where there are no trees or tall buildings and stay in the car. If you are close to the sea, try to get as far away from the water as possible. Earthquakes can cause huge waves that can really harm the people nearby.
" 69. For example, gas fire often comes with an earthquake. If you see a fire, quickly move outdoors to an open area.
Remember to always hope for the best but prepare for the worst.