1. Only women and children r __________in the village when the men went out to work.
2.The m________(镜子)and pictures of the room shone like gold.
3. The judge cares only about whether the eyewitness has given useful information, which is called e_____________.
4. Who can p ___________that Chin has more people than any other country in the world?
5. There was no d __________that the house was destroyed by the flood at that time.
6. We tried to _______ his doubts and let him tell the truth.
A. replace B. review C. remove D. rebuild
7. She pretended _______ me when I passed by.
A. not to see B. not seeing C. to not see D. having not seen
8. We always ______ Jack an honest man and we ______ him as a good friend of ours.
A. look upon; consider B. regard; consider
C. consider; regard D. look on; regard
9._________ than a century ago ________ of the things we’re doing now were thought of impossibleks5uks5u.
A. Less; many B. More; much C. Fewer; few D. Longer; more 10. The paper _____ bamboo is made is especially fineks5uks5u.
A. which B. into which C. of which D. from which
at war belong to in return in search of make into look into .to tell the truth considered (as) think highly of agree with
11. They start off at once _________________________the lost boy.
12. _____________________, I broke the beautiful vase.
13. Do you think they will _________________what I said? I am eager to know it.
14. A working party has been set up and __________________the problem soon.
15. The boy’s father ___________________the man who saved his son from the lake.
16. Mr. Smith _____________________________the best English teacher in our school.
17. Those countries have been __________________for a long time. People there suffered a lot.
18. I work hard _____________________for those who care for me, help me and love me.
19. The bottle can ____________________whatever shape you like.
20. China is a developing country which ___________________the third world.