1. How much does that ?
A. add B. add up C. add to D. add up to
2. get a good seat, he set out early after supper.
A. In order to B. So that C. So as to D. In order that
3. You come to his office. Our boss won"t be back until next week.
A. haven"t to B. won"t have got to C. haven"t got to D. don"t have got to
4. This novel was concerned the Second World War, while most teenagers are more concerned the hero"s love story.
A. with ; for B. with ; with C. for ; about D. about ;with
5. He came here to discuss it with you.
A. on purpose B. by chance C. for purpose D. on design
6. I won"t allow you to make the trip alone, even if you do it.
A. dare B. dared C. daring D. dares to
7. The policeman asked with the old women.
A. what the matter was B. what was the matter
C. what matter was D. what was the wrong
8. During the war, he much pain.
A. is suffered B. suffered C. was suffered D. was suffered from
9. She couldn"t her words by the students.
A. get...understanding B. get...understood
B. get... to understand D. make...understand
10. As the project at the meeting, it drew our attention.
A. comes up B. was came up C. came up D. had been come up
11. it rains tomorrow, we"ll start out.
A. If B. As if C. Even if D. Even
12. The project was so tough that workers didn"t complete it on time even the famous engineer"s direction.
A. in B. under C. to D. with
13. The examination was very easy. , our monitor didn"t pass it.
A. In other words B. What"s more C. Believe it or not D. all the same
14. I wanted to send my present to my teacher, so I called on her.
A. especial ; especially B. special; especially
C. special; specially D. especially; specially
15. Last night Li Ping watched the football match at my home, so he in his office.
A. needn"t have worked B. mustn"t haven"t worked
C. shouldn"t have worked D. couldn"t have worked
16. Can you make sure _________ the gold ring?
A. where Alice had put B. where had Alice put
C. A. where Alice has put D. where has Alice put
17. Will you fetch me a ________ of today"s evening paper in a minute?
A. series B. set C. couple D. copy
18. It was ________ late to catch a bus after the party; therefore I called a taxi.
A. too very B. much too C. too much D. far
19. I was so excited as to ________ for the whole night.
A. hold awake B. stay awake C. hold wake D. stay wake
20. We were going out for a walk ________ it began to rain.
A. while B. before C. as D. when
People have always communicated with __21___ . In the past when they couldn"t write ,they used simple symbols ( 记号) to send their message . Some groups of North America Indians were experts __22__ messages . For example , a small stone on top of a large one meant " This is the way ." If there was another small stone on the right , it meant " Turn right ." Some grass with a knot ( 结)meant " Danger "__23__ .
Maybe you know that in the forests of Africa , it _24___ to travel from village . But drum ( 鼓 ) __25__ from many kilometers away . So , some groups of Africans made their drums __26____ like people .
The Incas ( 印加人 )of South America used to send messages by typing knots in a rope. Messages have been found , but __27___ can understand __28___ they mean . And the Egyptians used pictures as a kind of ___29__ but only _30____ people __31___ to understand them .
Today , we also use __32___ . When we are in a car and we see a red light , we stop the car . When a mother says to her child ," Eat your cake!" the child eats the cake sometimes . The red light and the words of the mother are __33___ . And it is a ___34__ that the basic means of communication between people is , of course , sounds .
Maybe you know that there are more than __35___ languages in the world today . And about 13 of them are spoken by large groups of people . Languages of the world are both similar ( 相似) __36__ different . They are similar because we can talk and write about the same things and they are different because we talk and write about these things in __37___ ways and we use different __38___ .
It is __39___ that we have to learn a second language _40___ communicate with people who do not speak our language .
21. A. one other B. each another C. one another D. anothers
22 .A. at sending B. is spreading C. at publishing D. is giving
23. A. and other B. and so on C. and the rest D. and like
24 . A. used be difficult B. used be easy
C. used to be difficult D. used to be easy
25 . A. will be heard B. heard C. could hear D. could be heard
26. A. "say" B. "speak" C. "tell " D. "shout "
27. A . anybody B. somebody C. everybody D. nobody
28. A. that B. how C . what"s D. what
29. A. hearing B. speaking C . writing D . reading
30 . A. little B. a little C. few D. a few
31. A. were learned B. were taught C. were teaching D. had been learned
32. A. a lot of symbols B. a lots of symbols C . lot of symbols D . a lot of symbol
33. A. examples B. orders C . language D. symbols
34. A. matter B. fact C . reality D . situation
35.A. 1000 B. 2000 C .3000 D. 5000
36. A. or B. but C. and D. as
37. A. same B. similar C. different D. special
38.A. symbols B. signs C. expressions D. words
39. A. no wonder B. not wonder
C . not matter for wonder D. a wonder
40. A. in order that B. in order to C. so that D. so as
A student is learning to speak British English. He wonders (想知道): Can I communicate with Americans? Can they understand me? Learners of English often ask: What are the differences between British and American English? How important are these differences?
Certainly! there are some differences between British and American English. "There are a few differences in grammar. For example, speakers of British English say "in hospital" and "Have you a pen?" Americans say "in the hospital!" and "Do you have a pen?". Pronunciation is sometimes different. Americans usually sound theirs in words like "bird" and "hurt". Speakers of British English do not sound theirs in these words. There are differences between British and American English in spelling and vocabulary. For example, "colour" and "honour" are British, "color" and honor" are American.
These differences in grammar, pronunciation, spelling and vocabulary are not important, however. For the most part, British and American English are the same language.
41. According to this passage, a student who is learning to speak American English might be afraid that_______.
A. British people cannot understand him
B. American people cannot understand him
C. the grammar is too hard for him
D. the spelling is too hard for him
42. American English and British English are different in ________.
A. spelling B. pronunciation C. grammar D. all of the above
43. What is not mentioned (提及) in the passage?
A. Whether there are differences between British English and American English.
B. Whether British English and American English are one language or two.
C. How the differences between British English and American English came about.
D. How important the differences are.
44. Most ________ say "Do you have a watch?"
A. British people B. Americans C. children D. teachers
45. According to this passage, British people and Americans have _________ difficulty in understanding each other.
A. little B. much C. some D. great
Many teenagers feel that the most important people in their lives are their friends. They believe that their family members, especially their parents, don"t know them as well their friends do. In large families, it is often for brothers and sisters to fight with each other and then they can only go to their friends for advice. It is very important for teenagers to have one good friend or many friends. Even when they are not with their friends, they usually spend a lot of time talking among themselves on the phone. This communication is very important in children"s growing up, because friend can discuss something difficult to say to their family members.
However, parents often try to choose their children"s friends for them. Some parents may even stop their children from meeting their good friends. The question of "choice" is an interesting one. Have you ever thought of the following questions?
Who choose your friends?
Do you choose your friends or your friends choose you?
Have you got a good friends your parent don"t like?
46. Many teenagers think their _______ know them better than their parents do.
A. friends B. teachers C. brothers and sisters D. classmates
47. When teenagers stay alone, the usual way of communication is to _________.
A. go to their friends B. talk with their parents
C. have a discussion with their family D. talk with their friends on the phone
48. Which of the following is DIFFERENT in meaning from the sentence "Some parents may even stop their children from meeting their good friends."?
A. Some parents may even not allow their children to meet their good friends.
B. Some parents may even ask their children to stay away from their good friends.
C. Some parents may even not let their children meet their good friends.
D. Some parents may want their children to stop to meet their good friends.
49. Which of the following sentences is TRUE?
A. Parents should like everything their children enjoy.
B. In all families, children can choose everything they like.
C. Parents should try their best to understand their children better.
D. Teenagers can only go to their friends for help.
50. The main idea of this passage is that ___________.
A. Teenagers need friends
B. Friends can give good advice
C. Parents often choose their children"s friends for them
D. Good friends can communicate with each other
1. I study hard so that I can pass the exam .
I study hard ________ ________ _________ pass the exam .
2 . He is such a good boy that I phrase him .
He is so _____ _____ ____ that I phrase him .
3 . Tom said that they could go there together .
Tom said , " _________ _________ come here together . "
4. The teacher said that you must go quickly , Tom !"
The teacher asked ________ _________ _________ quickly .
5 . My father had to ask a man to repair his bike .
My father had to have ____ _____ _____ .
6. Jane asked, "Is anybody seeing you off today?"
Jane asked ______ _______ _______ seeing _______ off _______ _______.
7. Alice always bases her opinions on the facts.
Alice"s opinions_________ always _______ _________ the facts.
8. Jane looks the most beautiful today.
Jane looks today _______ _______ _______ _______ _______.
9. She nearly won first prize.
She ________ _________ ________ ________ first prize.
10. " Would you please not open the window? She said.
She _________ me ________ ________ _________ the window.
1 .Someone called me up in the middle of the night , but he hang up __________________ . (在我 未来得及接电话之前)
2 . The weather _______________ ( 一直很暖和) all this week .
3. Women ________________________in social life .( 起积极作用)
4 . There is __________________________( 一座著名的古老优质的石头桥) near the village .
5 . After the teacher talked to him , he worked _______________________ . ( 比以前更加努力)
6. 这个国家已经经历了太多的战争。(go through)
9. 她喜欢多种运动,例如网球、篮球和跑步。(such as)
10. 司机在街角让他下车。( set...down)
Sun Yue is a fresh senior 1 student. She and her best friend are studying in different senior high schools. She"s worried that they can"t be good friends any more, so she wrote to the editor for advice. Write your advice to Sun Yue as an editor. (字数要求：120字左右)