1. —How about going camping with us this weekend?
A. Is that right? B. I’d like to, but I have no time.
C. What are you planning ? D. What’s for?
2. Believe it or not, this old custom has a history of over 2,000 years, and it has _____ into the twenty-first century.
A. flowed B. survived C. spread D. followed
3. I’d like a room _____ window looks out over the sea.
A. that B. in which C . whose D. which
4. The special clothes are _____ for the children who are disabled.
A. designed B. planned C. changed D. expected
5. _____ the doctors really doubt is _____ my mother will recover from the serious disease soon.
A. What; when B. That; how C. What; whether D. That; what
6. The company was willing to provide us with what we needed, _____ made us excited.
A. what B. it C. which D. that
7. I am going to do all I can _____ the bad impression you have of me.
A. to remove B. remove C. to leave D. leave
8. Yesterday I met a(n) _____ teacher by chance who taught me English in the university three years ago.
A. early B. former C. first D. advanced
9. Oh, boy, why are you killing your time this way? Can’t you find something _____ doing?
A. useful B. worthy C. valuable D. worth
10. It is known to us that lions and tigers _____ the cat family.
A. are belonging to B. belonged to C. belong to D. are belonged to
11. He is always helping people without expecting anything _____.
A. in common B. in turn C. in danger D. in return
12. The school is _____ a Chinese teacher for the new term who masters the English language perfectly.
A. searching B. in the search of C. in search D. in search of
13. —Did you visit the museum today?
—No. We _____ it, but we spent too much time shopping.
A. could have visited B. must have visited C. could visit D. must visit
14. This piece of furniture is really inexpensive with a price of _____ forty dollars.
A. less than B. more than C. other than D. rather than
15. It is a good plan in theory, but it _____ to be seen whether it works in practice.
A. keeps B. stays C. stands D. remains