6. We tried to _______ his doubts and let him tell the truth.
A. replace B. review C. remove D. rebuild
7. She pretended _______ me when I passed by.
A. not to see B. not seeing C. to not see D. having not seen
8. We always ______ Jack an honest man and we ______ him as a good friend of ours.
A. look upon; consider B. regard; consider
C. consider; regard D. look on; regard
9._________ than a century ago ________ of the things we"re doing now were thought of impossible.
A. Less; many B. More; much C. Fewer; few D. Longer; moreks5u
10. The paper _____ bamboo is made is especially fine.
A. which B. into which C. of which D. from whichks5u
at war belong to in return in search of make into look into
.to tell the truth considered (as) think highly of agree with
11. They start off at once _________________________the lost boy.
12. _____________________, I broke the beautiful vase.
13. Do you think they will _________________what I said? I am eager to know
14. A working party has been set up and __________________the problem soon.
15. The boy"s father ___________________the man who saved his son from the lake.
16. Mr. Smith _____________________________the best English teacher in our
17. Those countries have been __________________for a long time. People there suffered a lot.
18. I work hard _____________________for those who care for me, help me and love me.
19. The bottle can ____________________whatever shape you like..
20. China is a developing country which ___________________the third world.