1. By definition the capital is the political and c_______ center of a country.
2.Though he recovered from his illness, he r__________ weak.
3.The house b_________ to the old man was built hundreds of years ago.
4.Heavily as it rained, we were still out in s________ of the missing boy.
5. The school building was d_________ by a famous professor in Beijing, whose s_________ many people prefer.
6. I sent her a bike as his birthday g________, and she gave me an mp3 in r_________.
7. She stared at herself in the m________ and lost in thought.
8. They are twins. No w________ I can not tell them apart.
9. He was c_________ to be honest. In fact, the e_________he gave p______ to be false.
10. We mustn"t _____ to know what we don"t know. Please raise your questions if any.
1. 长城是世界一大奇迹。 The Great Wall is one of the _______ in the world.
2. 请考虑一下我的建议。Please ____________ my suggestion.
3.仅几名士兵没有战死。 Only a few soldiers ____________ the battle.
4.我偶然在那书店里见到这本珍贵的书。I came across the _____ book in the shop.
5.他的绘画受到世界上一些教师的好评。Some experts of the world _______ _______ ___ his paintings.
6.他给我们如此多的帮助我想为他做些事作为报答。He has given us so much help that I really wanted to do something for him ____ _________.
7.有很多人出席了这次会议，其中三分之二都是同一个学校的。There are many people present at the meeting, two thirds of whom _________ _______ the same school.
8.我们认为他说的不重要。We ___________ what he said unimportant.
9.那些男孩去找吃的东西去了。The boy went ___ ________ ___ something to eat.
10. He is a student who has a ____ for music. 他是个对音乐有天赋的学生。
1. When I left, he _____ me that I should take my recorder to his birthday party.
A. remembered B. reminded C. was remained D. asked
2. ______ his wife, his daughter also went to see him.
A. Besides B. Beside C. Except D. Except for
3. A working party has been set up to ______ this matter.
A. look up B. look for C. look into D. look through
4. The had a good preparation for the project, so they had little _____ all the work.
A. troubles to finish B. trouble to finish C. difficulty in finishing D.difficulties to finish
5. That dress is such a good _____ that it will be fashionable for years.
A. manner B. style C. sort D. model
6. This photo _____ me __________ my childhood.
A. reminded; of B. remembered; in C. recalled; in D. remained; into
7. A year later, his friend was appointed as a sales manager, but he _____ a salesman.
A. reminded B. still C. worked D. remained
8. Since 1949, the people’s living standard ____ , causing a big ____ in population.
A.has been raised; rise B.has been rose; raise C.has raised; rise D.has raised; rose
9. As I felt so much better, my doctor ______ me to take a holiday by the sea.
A. suggested B. advised C. considered D. insisted
10. ______ decision is made, you must ______ .
A. Once; carry it out B. when; carry out it C. As soon as; work out it D.After; carry it on
11. I am very grateful for your assistance, and hope that one day I may be albe to do something for you ______ .
A in turns B. in case C. in return D. in use
12. When you are in ______ about the meaning of the word, you can look it up in a dictionary.
A. idea B. talk C. wonder D. doubt
13. I’ve ______ invitation, but I don’t think I’ll______ it.
A accepted; received B. received; receive C. taken; accept D. received; accept
1. Do you remember the deer farm we visited two months ago?
A. why B. when C. that D. how
2. Anyway, that evening, ______ I’ll tell you more about later, was really terrible.
A. when B. where C. that D. which
3. John said he’d been working in the lab for an hour, ______ was true.
A. that B. which C. who D. what
4. Anne always spoke highly of her colleagues in the movie, ______, of course, made the othersvery happy.
A. who B. which C. that D. what
5. Chongqing is the city ______ she lived when she was young.
A. where B. which C. when D. how
6. Do you know the reasons ______ he came back?
A. how B. which C. that D. why
7. The doctor was very impolite to the patient, ______ of course, made things even worse.
A. who B. whom C. which D. what
8. He’s got himself into a dangerous situation ______ he was likely to lose control over the plane.
A. where B. which C. while D. why
9. I don’t like cars ______ owners park too close to me.
A. which B. who C. whose D. of which
10. ________ is known to everybody, the moon travels round the earth once every month.
A. Which B. That C. As D. Such
11. The weather turned out to be very good, ______ was more than we expected.
A. what B. which C. that D. this
12. Charlie Chaplin, ______ childhood was hard, began acting at the age of five.
A. who B. whom C. whose D. his
13. We are talking about a subject ______ the importance hasn’t been realized.
A. which B. that C. of which D. whose
14. The science of medicine, ______ progress has been very rapid, is perhaps the most important of all the sciences.
A. which B. that C. in which D. with which