1. There were some photos of ________(野生动植物)in the document.
2. He still _________ (保留)his opinion on some points.
3. They are pulling their troops out of the battle z________.
1. She put on dark glasses as a ______ (protect) against the strong light.
2. Many parents feel a sense of ________ (lose) when their children leave home.
3. Winter is te best time for ________(hunt) in mountain areas.
4. There has been a steady _________(decrease) in population in this city.
1. If theie habitat___________(受到了威胁) or they cannnot find enough food, their numbers __________(就会减少)
2. _________(因此) these endangered animals _____________(甚至有可能灭绝)
3. This is ____________________(野生动物保护所包括的).
4.There_________________________(在挽救濒临灭绝的野生动物方面已经取得了一些进步) endangered wildlife in China.
5.______(丧失)of bamboo growing areas.6.Wolong Nature __________(保护区)
7.too much _________(打猎)in the 1950s8.Baishanzu _________________(国家自然保护区)
9.about 30-40 remain ________________________(被禁猎后)
10.Why are they _________________________(有消失的危险)?
IV. Cloze test
I do not need a calendar to tell me when it is winter. All I need is my 1 . When I wake up in the morning and smell the tasty treats my mom is 2 downstairs, I know winter has arrived.
The 3 one is the smell of chocolate. During the holiday season (from Thanksgiving to New Year"s Day) my mother makes her 4 hot chocolate. She always adds a peppermint candy cane (薄荷味拐棍糖) to the 5 and tops it with cream.
The hot chocolate gets me out of bed, but it is my mother"s chocolate fudge (软糕) that makes me run 6 . It is a thick chunk (块) of chocolate that tastes like heaven. My mother adds nuts. That gives it 7 texture (质感).
But my mother isn"t done yet. She also makes a treat she 8 "window panes (窗玻璃)". She takes a few different colored marshmallows (棉花糖) and melts them together with chocolate. The final product looks like a colorful church window, so we call it"window panes".
These tasty holiday treats are usually eaten 9 a meal as a dessert. But don"t tell Santa Claus because I 10 eat them all day long.
1. A. eyes B. nose C. mouth D. fingers
2. A. cooking B. eating C. picking D. cleaning
3. A. final B. next C. first D. second
4. A. strange B. common C. special D. cheap
5. A. candy B. drink C. snack D. fruit
6. A. in B. away C. upstairs D. downstairs
7. A. more B. less C. no D. little
8. A. calls B. regards C. thinks D. knows
9. A. before B. after C. during D. between
10. A. hopefully B. rarely C. happily D. secretly
Trouble time in Thailand
ZHANG Jin was excited to get the bonus (奖励) of a free trip to Thailand from his company. But the manager from Qingdao, Shandong province, didn"t expect to have a dangerous experience.
The next day, upon Zhang"s arrival in Bangkok, the capital of Thailand, he was shocked to find himself in a city filled with street battles (战斗) between two groups. One group was supporting the Thai government while the other was against it.
The anti-government (反政府的) group has taken a number of actions recently. It took over the prime minister"s (总理) office in August and had street battles with the police. Two people were reported to be killed and hundreds injured.
Last month the anti-government group took over two international airports in Bangkok and stopped all flights. About 240,000 foreign tourists, including over 3,000 Chinese people like Zhang, were forced to stay in the country.
"We were nervous on the streets. But we felt at home with other Chinese from Hong Kong or Taiwan," said Zhang.
Luckily, the Chinese government sent chartered flights (包机) to bring the people back. Now, all the Chinese tourists are safely back home. "The moment the plane left Thailand, we cheered for joy," said Zhang.
Last week Thailand"s prime minister Somchai Wongsawat stepped down and the airports reopened. But the country"s tourism industry needs time to return to normal.
Tourism is the biggest part of the country"s economy (经济). Thailand is called "Land of Smiles" and has some of Asia"s best beaches. It has made $17 billion (十亿) from 15.5 million tourists this year.
take a trip to 去旅游Last year they took a trip to Europe.tour 在......旅游It was nice to tour the small ancient city.show sb around 领......参观The tour guide showed us around the old building.
go sightseeing 观光She"s going sightseeing in Hong Kong.places of interest 名胜古迹Beijing is famous for its places of interest.
I. 1. wildlife 2. reserves 3.zone
II. 1.protection 2.loss 3.hunting 4.decrease
III. 1. is threatened, may decrease 2. As a result, may even die out 3. what wildlife protection is all about. 4. has been some progress in saving 5.loss 6. Reserve 7. hunting 8. National Natural Protection Zone 9.after being left in peace 10.in danger of disapperaing
IV. 1-5 B A C C B 6-10 D A A B D