一. 请根据各句上下文的意义，选择正确的单词填入空白处。(10× 1)
treasure, consider, opinion, trial, evidence, doubt, prove, secretly, castle, pretend
1. I don’t like my present job, so I am _________ changing a new one.
2. The police found buried ________ in the backyard of the white house.
3. The murderer was finally sentenced to death after a few _________.
4. Do you ________ that our class will beat theirs at the basketball match?
5. I told her _________ what had happened to him.
6. When he passed by, he _________ not to see me.
7. Your dream is nothing but “_________ in the air”.
8. What he said ________ that he was very honest and sincere.
9. There is convincing _________ of a link between exposure to the sun and skin cancer.
10. If you want my _________, I think you are crazy not to accept it.
1.--- She looks very happy. She ____ have passed the exam.
--- I guess so. It’s not difficult after all.
A. should B. could C. must D. might
2. He hasn’t slept at all for three days. _____ he is tired out.
A. There is no point B. There is no need
C. It is no wonder D. It is no way
3. Some researchers believe that there is no doubt ____ a cure for AIDS will be found.
A. which B. what C. that D. whether
4. What surprised me was not what he said but ___ he said it.
A. the way B. in the way that C. in the way D. the way which
5. Do you know whom this bird _______ ?
A. belong to B. belongs to C. is belonged to D. is belonging to
6. After the traffic accident, no one ______except a few people who were badly injured.A. surviveB. survivedC. was survivedD. was surviving7. --- There were five people in the car but they still took me.
--- It ____ a comfortable journey.
A. can’t be B. shouldn’t be C. mustn’t have been D. couldn’t have been
8. He’s given me so much help that I really want to do something for him _____.
A. in addition B. by turns C. in return D. in answer
9. Don’t worry. Jim is quite used to ____ in such busy streets as this.
A. drive B. be driving C. have driven D. driving
10. The visiting minister expressed his satisfaction with these talks, ____ that he had enjoyed his stay here.
A. adding to B. adding up C. adding up to D. adding
11. Abraham Lincoln is generally considered ____ the greatest president of America.A. to beB. asC. /D. All of the above. 12. I have been living in the United States for twenty years, but seldom _____ so lonely as now.
A. have I felt B. I had felt C. I have felt D. had I felt
13. Charles Babbage is generally considered _____ the first computer.
A. to invent B. inventing C. to have invented D. having invented
14. His work was _____ by his boss.
A. highly thought B. high thought of C. thought much of D. well thought of
15. We shouldn’t spend our money testing so many people, most of ____ are healthy.
A. that B. which C. what D. whom
16. The way he thinks of _______the problem is effective.A. working outB. to work outC. works outD. worked out 17. The lady said she would buy a gift for her daughter with the ______.
A. 20 dollars remained B. 20 dollars to leave
C. left 20 dollars D. remaining 20 dollars
18. Suddenly a wonderful smile __ her face.
A.lit up B. picked up C. burned up D. looked up
19. The employee you had been thinking highly_______ dishonest.
A. of proving B. of proved C. of to prove D. of being proved.