1 调查 look into 11 认为,考虑consider
2 作为报答 in return 12 拆开take apart
3 制成… make into 13 移走remove
4 属于 belong to 14 而不是rather than
5 保持不变 remain 15 在…流行be popular among/ with
6 活着,继续存在 survive 16 除了…之外还有besides
7 毫无疑问 have no doubt 17 寻找in search of
8 高度评价 think highly of 18 处于交战状态be at war
9 证明 prove 19 在不到两天里in less than two days
10问题的答案 the answer to the question 20 同意某人的话agree with
1. The new Harry Potter novel is popular among/ with middle school students throughout the world.
2. The hungry boy rushed into the house in search of something to eat.
3. I will look into the matter and then tell you the result.
4. China is a country belonging to the developing country.
5. The door remained open all night long.
6. He didn’t know to do something in return for her help.
7. People consider Lincoln as one of the greatest presidents in America.
8. His word proved to be right later.
After the fire nothing remained.
They are of the same age.
I am considering going there again.
The children always like taking the toys apart.
Do you think highly of those who always help others?
Once (it is) heated, the amber can be made into any shape.
At that time, China and Japan were at war so traveling was extremely difficult.
After that, what really happened to the Amber Room remains a mystery.
He bought a set of furniture yesterday.
Please remove your bag from the seat so that I can sit down.
Only in this way can you improve your English.
2 我真的不想去,但他硬要我去. (insist)
I didn’t really want to go but he insisted.
3 他不可能把他的书带回家了,因为他所有的书都放在桌上. (情态动词+have done)
He can’t have taken his books home for all of them are lying on the table.
4 我拿不准这礼物是谁的? (belong to)
I am not quite sure who/ whom the gift belongs to.
5 她给了我们食物和衣服,没要求任何回报. (in return)
She gave us food and clothes and asked for nothing in return.
6 毫无疑问,他将为他所做的受到惩罚. (doubt)
There’s no doubt that he will be punished for what he has done.
7 这是两国交战时期. (at war)
This was a time when the countries were at war.
His colleagues thought highly of him though he himself didn’t think he had done anything special.
9 父母进来时他假装睡着了. (pretend)
He pretended to be asleep when his parents came in.
A great deal of evidence proved him innocent.