1.He is h_______, and he never tells lies.
2.In a________times, women were not allowed to c________ in the Olympics.
3.Before writing the report, he decided to i________ some people first.
4.When asked, he a_______ stealing the necklace.
5.There is a s_______ being built in our city.
6. The g________ being built in our school will be finished next month.
7. He is such a person that nobody can r_______ him.
8. At the beginning of each term, we will have a p________ examination.
9. I cannot r______ what he did to what he said.
10. To improve the sale of their product, they a________ them in the newspapers and on TV.
11. No one can be so f_______ to do such a thing, except that he is a fool.
12. Father p_______ to buy me a computer if I do well in the final examination.
13. At the sports meeting, all the a_______ tried their best to get the g______ m______.
1.他已经答应给我买辆汽车。 He has ________ me to buy me a car.
2.没有什么东西能取代母爱的。 Nothing can _________ a mother’s love.
我们英语老师对我们既亲切又友好。Our English teacher is friendly ____ _______ _____ kind to us.
昨天他参加比赛了。He _________ ____ the game yesterday.
5.我们吵架是很愚蠢的。 It would be __________ for us to quarrel.
6.老实说，你并没有尽力。— ——— —————， you didn’t do your best.
7.在那书架上有一套鲁迅的小说。 There was ___ ______ _______ Lu Xun’s novels on the shelf.
8. 他承认做错了事。 He_______ having done wrong.
9.他参加了罢工。He ______ ______ ____ the strike.
10.他和他的父母将要去度假。 He ____ _____ _____ his parent was going out for a holiday.
11.学生一个接着一个走出教室。 The students went out of the classroom _____ _______ _____________.
1. -----It is said that the famous cyclist_________his parents is to visit our city next week.
------I heard the news _________.
A.and; too. B as well as; as well. C as well as; as well as; D with; either
2. Would you like to_______the 2008 Olympic Games______in Beijing?
A. join; hold. B. join in; will be held.
C. take part in; which will hold. D. take part in; which will be held.
3. I go to visit Mr Li who is living in the country every_______weeks.
A. other; B. fourth; C. a few; D. few.
4. He plays football_________, if not better than John.
A. as well; B. as well as; C. so well; D. so well as.
5. Sandy could do nothing but ________to his teacher that he was wrong.
A. admit. B. admitted C. admitting. D. to admit
6. I finally got the job I dreamed about. Never in all my life _______so happy!