一. 请根据各句上下文的意义，选择正确的单词填入空白处。(10× 1)
treasure, consider, opinion, trial, evidence, doubt, prove, secretly, castle, pretend
1. I don’t like my present job, so I am _________ changing a new one.
2. The police found buried ________ in the backyard of the white house.
3. The murderer was finally sentenced to death after a few _________.
4. Do you ________ that our class will beat theirs at the basketball match?
5. I told her _________ what had happened to him.
6. When he passed by, he _________ not to see me.
7. Your dream is nothing but “_________ in the air”.
8. What he said ________ that he was very honest and sincere.
9. There is convincing _________ of a link between exposure to the sun and skin cancer.
10. If you want my _________, I think you are crazy not to accept it.
1.--- She looks very happy. She ____ have passed the exam.
--- I guess so. It’s not difficult after all.
A. should B. could C. must D. might
2. He hasn’t slept at all for three days. _____ he is tired out.
A. There is no point B. There is no need
C. It is no wonder D. It is no way
3. Some researchers believe that there is no doubt ____ a cure for AIDS will be found.
A. which B. what C. that D. whether
4. What surprised me was not what he said but ___ he said it.
A. the way B. in the way that C. in the way D. the way which
5. Do you know whom this bird _______ ?
A. belong to B. belongs to C. is belonged to D. is belonging to
6. After the traffic accident, no one ______except a few people who were badly injured.A. surviveB. survivedC. was survivedD. was surviving7. --- There were five people in the car but they still took me.
--- It ____ a comfortable journey.
A. can’t be B. shouldn’t be C. mustn’t have been D. couldn’t have been
8. He’s given me so much help that I really want to do something for him _____.
A. in addition B. by turns C. in return D. in answer
9. Don’t worry. Jim is quite used to ____ in such busy streets as this.
A. drive B. be driving C. have driven D. driving
10. The visiting minister expressed his satisfaction with these talks, ____ that he had enjoyed his stay here.
A. adding to B. adding up C. adding up to D. adding
11. Abraham Lincoln is generally considered ____ the greatest president of America.A. to beB. asC. /D. All of the above. 12. I have been living in the United States for twenty years, but seldom _____ so lonely as now.
A. have I felt B. I had felt C. I have felt D. had I felt
13. Charles Babbage is generally considered _____ the first computer.
A. to invent B. inventing C. to have invented D. having invented
14. His work was _____ by his boss.
A. highly thought B. high thought of C. thought much of D. well thought of
15. We shouldn’t spend our money testing so many people, most of ____ are healthy.
A. that B. which C. what D. whom
16. The way he thinks of _______the problem is effective.A. working outB. to work outC. works outD. worked out 17. The lady said she would buy a gift for her daughter with the ______.
A. 20 dollars remained B. 20 dollars to leave
C. left 20 dollars D. remaining 20 dollars
18. Suddenly a wonderful smile __ her face.
A.lit up B. picked up C. burned up D. looked up
19. The employee you had been thinking highly_______ dishonest.
A. of proving B. of proved C. of to prove D. of being proved.
20. The police________ him to see if h e had a gun.
A. searched for B. searched C. in search of D. looked for
21. _____ is known to all that the Amber Room belongs to the Russians.
A. As B. which C. It D. What
22. --- We don’t know who stole the book. What’s you opinion?
—I don’t like to go to the concert. I have no interest in it; ______, I have lots of work to do.
A. however B. beside C. therefore D. besides
23. His glasses, _____ he was like a blind man, fell to the ground and broke.
A. which B. with which C. without which D. that
24. The Second World War _____ millions of people were killed was in 1945.
A. during which B. in that C. where D. on which
25. Do you know who lives in the building ______there is a well?
A. in front of it B. in front of whose
C. in front of which D. in front which
CCCAB B DCDD DACCD B
It took George quite a while to find a 1 place for his car and in the end he had to leave it in a narrow street, 2 from the dentist’s. As he got out, he glanced at his 3 . His appointment(约会)was at five and he still had twenty minutes to 4 . He crossed into the square and 5 on a bench, partly to 6 the last of the afternoon sun, 7 to calm his nerves(神经). He hated these visits 8 the dentist(牙医).
As he sat there, watching the children at play and 9 to the old women talking to each other, he turned around to see a red car like his own come out of the 10 where he had parked. The car gathered speed and was soon 11 of sight. George 12 in his pockets for the keys: They were not there. “My car!” he cried 13 a loud voice, which made several people stare at him. He got up and ran across the 14 and then down the narrow street. His car was not to be seen—but then he discovered it concealed(被隐藏)15 a large one. He was relieved(使宽慰)to find his 16 , still in his car.
By the time he reached the dentist’s it was already five. “I had rather an odd (奇特的)17,” he said to the dentist to explain his 18 . “I thought my car had been 19 .”
“It’s quite 20 sir,” said the dentist. “As a matter of fact I have only just got here myself.”
1. A. leaving B. parking C. wide D. special
2. A. in a way B. far away C. some way D. near
3. A. watch B. teeth C. car D. place
4. A. leave B. sit C. spare D. see the doctor
5. A. stopped B. stepped C. stood D. sat down
6. A. shine B. enjoy C. get D. receive
7. A. but also B. so C. in order D. for
8. A. by B. of C. to D. with
9. A. listen B. listening C. to listen D. listened
10. A. car B. place C. street D. way
11. A. disappeared B. out C. left D. lost
12. A. looked B. felt C. found D. searched
13. A. with B. at C. in D. by
14. A. square B. hospital C. street D. bench
15. A. with B. behind C. after D. in
16. A. bags B. money C. keys D. card
17. A. chance B. luck C. thing D. exper ience
18. A. hate B. reason C. lateness D. car
19. A. robbed B. stolen C. lost D. there
20. A. true B. good C. often D. all right
1-20 BCACD BACBC BBCAB CDCBD