1. Though he had often made his little sister_____, today he was made _____ by his little sister.
A. cry; to cry B. crying; crying. C. cry; cry D. to cry; cry
2. __________ that Marie was able to set up new branches elsewhere.
A. So successful her business was; B. So successful was her business.
C. So her business was successful; D. So has her successful business.
3. As time__________, she became more and more anxious about her son’s safety.
A. passing. B. going by. C. passed. D. goes by.
4. --How many elephants have you seen?
A. No one. B. None. C. Not many ones. D. Not many. Ks5u
5. __________ many old people, he likes this kind of dance.
A. Instead of . B. In spite of. C. In common with . D. Instead. Ks5u
6. Last summer I took a course on _______ poisonous gases.
A. how to deal with ; B. what to deal with ; C. how to be deal with ; D. what to be deal with;
7. Three years _________ without our knowing it. Ks5u
A. went by; B. passes by; C. went on ; D. passed on;
8. --Why does Mary look so unhappy?
--She has________ by her classmates.
A. laughed; B. laughed at ; C. been laughed; D. been laughed at Ks5u
9. Both my brothers work at the power station that _______ in 1996. Ks5u
A. has set up; B. has been set up; C. was set up; D. is set up.
10. A library with five thousand books _______ to the nation as a gift. Ks5u
A. has been offered B. has offered; C. are offered; D. have offered;
11. We have a lot in c________, so we often have a lot to talk about.
12. Many of the students take their c_________ into the classroom to help them do some maths work, which is not preferred by the teachers.
13. Once he was considered to be s__________, for he couldn’t work out the simplest numbers.
14. Robots can also be called a________ i____________.
15. Everything has it"s a_________ and d___________.
16. A good c_______ when facing difficulties is to stay calm. Ks5u
17. P________, I d________ with you on your plan.
18. I need some m________ to make a dress.
19. Once he was the c_______ of our football team
20. It"s dangerous for a young lady w________ in the street late at night.
11. As for daily life, I think that we will be able to 26 most of our shopping by 27 and this will be taken to our homes, so 28 there won’t be any 29 to go out to the 30 . I’m sure that most of our homes will have a video 31 so we will be able to 32 the person we are talking to. We will also be 33 holovision which will give you three dimensional( 三维的 Ks5u ) life –size picture 34 your screen--this will replace television. 35 important technology, there will be no more road accidents. Cars will be guided by computers so people will not have to do any more driving.
I think most of our food will be in the form of pills and liquids which will have all the vitamins and protein(蛋白质 ) 36 we need for a balanced diet. Only when we go out for social 37 will we eat the same food as today, but we will 38 be eating meat.
About once a year our bodies will go into a health center for a service in much the same way as a car 39 be repaired. So, for example, our veins( 静脉 ) will be cleaned out, our blood made pure, our muscles built up and so on. Any part that is 40 could be replaced by a new plastic part. We will all be much 41 by then anyway, because there will be more 42 for us to u se for exercise. Also a safe medicine will have been discovered which will allow people to lose or put on 43 as they need. One exciting development will be the possibility of being deep frozen 44
A period of time and then 45 some years later. I would be interested in that myself.
26. A. order B go C. make D. get Ks5u
27. A. radio B. telephone C. computer D. car
28. A of course B. In fact C. after all D. in all
29. A. time B. money C. nice D. need
30. A. shops B. hospitals C. schools D. need
31. A. tape B. TV set C. television D. recorder
32. A. notice B. listen to C. see D. hear
33. A. playing B. watching C. making D. finding
34. A. in B. with C. by D. on
35. A. Because of B. Because C. Thank for D. Instead of
36. A. when B. how C. that D. what
37. A. meeting B. eating C. activity D. problem
38. A. no longer B. no more C. not any longer D. not any more
39. A. has to B. ought to C. might D. can
40. A. run out B. turned out C. broken out D. worn out Ks5u
41. A. prettier B. healthier C. busier D. cleverer
42. A. money B. places C. room D. free room
43. A. height B. weight C. clothes D. performances
44. A. for B. in C. during D. by
45. A. getting B. waking up C. using up D. walking about
As a computer exhibition Bill gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated: “If GM had kept up with technology like computer industry has, we would all Ks5u be driving twenty-five dollar cars that got 1000 miles to the gallon. ”
In response to Bill’s comments, General Motors announced a news release stating: if GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would be driving cars with the following characteristics: Ks5u
1. For no reason your car would crash twice a day.
2. Every time they repaired the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.
3. Sometimes your car would die on the free way for no reason and you would just accept this, restart and drive on.
4. Only one person at a time could use the car, unless you bought “Car95” or Car NT”. But then you would have to buy more seats.
5. If you try to get your car to a mechanic, you’d make a long distance call, be put on Ks5u hold for three or four hours, when you finally got the mechanic, you’d be told how to fix it yourself, and mechanic would hang up before you even tried his or her suggestions.
6. People would get excited about the “ new” features in Microsoft cars, forgetting completely they had been available in other cars for many years.
7. The airbag system would say: “Are you sure?” before going off.
8. Every time GM introduced a new model car, buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
9. Microsoft cars would have a special radio/cassette player which would only be able to listen to Microsoft FM, and play Microsoft Cassettes.
10. If you couldn’t afford to buy a new car, then you could just borrow your friends and then copy it.
11. You’d press the “start” button to shut off the engine.
46. The purpose of writing this article is ______.
A. to state the advantages of Microsoft in making cars
B to inform that Microsoft will make cars in the future. Ks5u
C. To compare cars made by GM with those made by Microsoft
D. To make fun of the disadvantages of Microsoft’s products
47. It can be inferred from the passage that the airbag system of the new car _____.
A. would be safer than the old one
B. would become useless in case of an accident
C. would not surprise the driver by going off suddenly
D. would remind the driver of the danger ahead of time
48 What does the writer really mean by saying “You’d press the “start” button to shut off the engine”?
A. The design of Microsoft is very funny and strange.
B. It is better to control the engine like a computer.
C. The engine control system requires to be improved.
D. It is impossible to shut off the engine by pressing the “start” button.
49. The best title of this passage would be ______.
A. Characteristics of the New Cars B. GM Should Learn from Microsoft
C. If Microsoft Built Cars D. New Cars to be Made in the future
_____ ______ ________, the food is not enough.
Yesterday, he took an i________________ test.
He don’t know how to ______ ________ his naughty son.
It’s not surprising you’ve got stomachache. _____ ______ you have eaten too much.
They have nothing in ________ with one another.
55. 按照顺序; 挨次整齐
62. 挡住路, 妨碍, 多余的
63. 迷路, 迷失方向; 误入歧途