1. This book _____ ten units, ______ three mainly revision.
A. contains; including B. includes; containing
C. contains; containing D .includes; including
2. Cattle’s two ____ help them to digest food and their fur to keep them warm.
A stomaches B heart C stomachs D hearts
3. She decided to apply _____ the boss _____ the new position .
A to， to B for， for C to， for D for ，to
4. I’ll finish the job ____ I come across great difficulty.
A. however B. even though C. no matter D. as though
5. John, get up! I’m afraid you won’t have time to ______ before going out.
A. get to change B. get changing C. get change D. get changed
6. The accident ______ her carelessness .
A resulted from B resulted in C as a result of D as a result
7. The students were told that they at the school gate at 2:00 o’clock the following afternoon.
A. met B. will meet C. were to meet D. were met
8. ----I ____ to a party, but I’ve got nothing to wear.
---- Why don’t you have a dress made for the party?
A was asked B will ask C have asked D have been asked
9. I want to buy that kind of cloth because I _____ the cloth _____ well.
A have told; washed B have been told; washes
C was told; washed D have been told; is washed
10. This is one of the happiest days ____ spent in my life.
A that have ever been B that has never been
C which was ever D we have spent
11. He is wearing sunglasses to ____ his eyes from the strong sunlight .
A. protect B. hold C. stop D. prevent
12. With ____ news coming, the trapped villagers grew more and more worried.
A. no longer B. no more C. not any longer D. not any more
13. The movie once ____ a whole generation of people. They proved to be of much _____ in the education of people.
A. affected effect B. effected affect
C. effected effect D. affected affect
14. Great attention must be paid ____ welfare, especially in the poor area.
A. develop B. to develop C. to developing D. developing
15.My brother wants to work in the factory which ____ still ______.
A. is， building B. has， been built
C. is， being built D. is， to be built
16.______ he will return to his native land.
A. It is long before that
B. It is before long that
C. It won’t be long before
D. It will be long before that
17.You are silly not _____ your door.
A. to lock B. to have locked C. locking D. having locked
18. This man is difficult to ______.
A deal with B do with C be deal with D be done with
19. Many kinds of animals and plants die ____ every year.
A down B away C out D from
20. -----Are you coming to Jeff’s party?
----- I’m not ___. I might go to concert instead.
A. for sure B. sure C. possible D. definite