Words: sing, run fast, jump far, swim, dance, play football.
Can you run fast?
Yes, I can./ No, I can’t.
CAI, tape recorder, pictures, cards
Step 1 Greeting
T: Hello boys and girls.
S: Hello Miss Mo.
T: Good morning boys and girls.
S: Good morning Miss Mo.
Step 2 Warmer
1. Repeat the song from module 3
I love my pocket calculator.
2. Review numbers 1~12. practice saying the numbers around the class.
T: Please look and say the numbers.
…… one by one.
Step 3 Activity 1 Listen , point and find “can, can’t”。
1. Ask the children to look at the page. Elicit as much information about the story as you can in Chinese by asking questions. For example, point to the telephone and ask What’s this? Point to each picture and ask them what the people are doing.
2. Play the cassette or read the text. The class listens.
T: What’s Lingling doing?
3. Play the cassette again, pausing after each utterance for the children to point at the corresponding picture. Perform. a simple gesture to indicate the meaning
4. Play the cassette again. This time pause for the class to repeat each utterance. Encourage the class to perform. actions as they repeat.
5. Repeat this activity, asking individual students to repeat the utterances. Alternatively, divide the class into groups.
Step 4 Activity 2 Listen and say.
1. Read the question and answer and ask the class to repeat.
2. Now ask the question about other children in the picture. Ask the class to answer as a whole. Then ask individuals.
Step 5 Activity 3 Practise
1. Tell the students to close the books and play the sound effects on the tape. Have them mime each action as they hear the appropriate sound .
2. Play the tape again and again until they have mimed all the effects correctly.
3. Ask the students at the front of make a noise one a time. After each noise, the teacher asks the class: What’s he/she doing? Individual students have to guess the action .
Writing on Bb:
Can you run fast?
Yes, I can./ No, I can’t