Part B and D of Unit 11 A boy and a girl, Fun with English.
1. Enable the Ss to understand, read and say the new words “boy, girl, Chinese, thin, fat, tall, short.”
2. Enable the Ss to use the sentence in their daily life.
3. Develop the Ss’ abilities of listening, speaking, and writing English.
4. Train the Ss’ abilities of cooperation.
1. The pronunciation of some new words “girl, thin, tall, small”
2. Enable the Ss to say and use the sentences“My name is … I’m …”to introduce themselves to others.
1. Sing a song “Hello”。
2. Free talk
T: This is … Her name is Helen.
What’s your name? Nice to meet you.
Step2. Presentation & practice
1. Present and practice the new sentence “My name is …”
2 T: Do you want to know my name?
T: My name is … （T presents the new sentence “My name is …”）
T: My name is Zhu Xiaoyan. How about your name?
S: My name is … …
2. Present and practice the new words “boy, girl, Chinese, I’m from…”
T: （Show the Ss the picture of Liu Tao） Look, this is …
Ss: Liu Tao. T: This is Liu Tao. So we know his name is Liu Tao.
T: How about his sex?
T: What’s this?
T: This is a Chinese flag. （Present and teach the word “boy, Chinese”）
T: （point to one of them） this is a … Liu Tao is a Chinese boy.
How about...? T: （point to one of them） … is a …
T: Who’s she? （Present the new word “girl”）
T: Miss Zhu is a girl. I’m a Chinese girl. And I’m from Rudong.
T: Where are you from? … （Present the sentence “I’m from…”）
Do you know where is Liu Tao from?
3. Present and practice the new words “fat, thin, tall, short”
T: We know Liu Tao is from Shanghai. Shanghai is a beautiful city. Let’s go to Shanghai.
Ss: OK. T: Where is it?
Ss: It’s a zoo.
T: Let’s see what are in the zoo. （Present some pictures of animals）
T: Look, this is a … （monkey） And this is a monkey. （Present and practice the word “fat, thin”）
T: （Present the picture of LiuTao and Yao Ming） This is .
T: Yao Ming is . （Present and practice the new word “tall, short”）
4. Present and read the text
T: Now, how much do you know about Liu Tao? Say it out！ …
T: Let’s read and learn Liu Tao’s self-introduction.
（Ask the Ss to read after the tape ）
T: Close your books, please. Look , This is Liu Tao’s self-introduction, and this is me, can you help me correct it? （Ask the Ss to correct the self-introduction, and learn the example.）
T: Now, boys and girls.
Try to introduce yourselves.
You have 30 seconds to do it.
1. Make your self-introduction card.
2. Introduce yourselves to five people and ask them to sign on the back of your introduction cards.
Unit 11 A boy and a girl
My name is … I’m a
Chinese… boy girl I’m from…
I’m … （年龄） tall short
I’m … （特征） fat thin