1. Mr. Wang is _________ excellent teacher. Everybody loves him.
A. a B. anC. the D. /
2. My cousin gave _______ a cute teddy bear for my birthday.
A. I B. my C. me D. mine
3. ---It's a nice day, _______? ---Yes, it is.
A. isn't it B. is it C. has it D. hasn't it
4. People like hamsters _________ they are nice and interesting.
A. so B. and C. but D. because
5. --- _____ should I get my mom for Mother's Day? ---Why don't you get her a scarf.?
A. Who B. What C. When D. How
6. -Alison, how long have you been skating? - I have been skating ________ nine o'clock.
A. for B. at C. since D. from
7. Tom did __________ in math this year than last year.
A. good B. well C. best D. better
8. --- I didn't go to the Disneyland in Hong Kong last year. --- Me, ______
A. neither B. either C. also D. too
9. This dictionary was very cheap and it only ____ me twelve dollars. A. spent B. used C. paid D. cost
10. -Would you mind _______ your bike? -No, not at all.
A. moving B. to move C. move D. moved
11. He ________ down the street when the accident happened.
A. walks B. walked C. was walking D. is walking
12. Sorry, I don't have enough time ________ with you today.
A. playB. to play C. playing D. played
13. -Where is John? -He ___to the library. He'll come back soon. A. has gone B. has been C. went D. was going
14. -- _____ you please wash the dishes? -Ok, I'll do them in a minute. A. May B. Must C. Could D. Should
15. Excuse me, Sir, Can you tell me __________?
A. how we got to the zoo B. how can we get to the zoo
C. how did we get to the zoo D. how we can get to the zoo
When I was in my first year of middle school, my father died. And my mother was ill just after I entered high school. I had to ___1____ going to school because my mother had to money to pay my school bills. We began to work in people's gardens to save up money for me to back to school. ____2_____, I returned to school. Unluckily, my mother died the next year. And my ___3___went dark. I asked my headmaster if I could work for the ___4___ this summer vacation, so I could pay my bills. He was a nice man and let me work in the school garden during the ____5_____. I had not been able to study well because of my mother's death. At the end of my second year, I ____6______ most of my exams and the teacher told me I had to repeat the year. After another summer working in the school garden, I went ____7___ to lessons again,. But suddenly I fell ill. Because of my disease I was weak and couldn't work at school. I was hopeless. My headmaster told me not to give up. And my teachers and classmates ____8_____ me a lot. Now, I'm feeling better and will finish my third year. My life is still not ____9___. A few students laugh at my poor clothes. They also call me "farmer" because I work in the school garden. But I ____10____ hard days will always be followed by sunshine.
1. A. stop B. start C. keep D. finish
2. A. Especially B. Probably C. Finally D. Usually
3. A. mind B. world C. heart D. family
4. A. school B. zoo C. park D. museum
5. A. afternoon B. year C. weekends D. holidays
6. A. passed B. took C. failed D. had
7. A. along B. back C. down D. up
8. A. helped B. gave C. worried D. taught
9. A. terrible B. hard C. easy D. difficult
10. A. discover B. imagine C. notice D. believe
Happy Days Club Parker;s Sweet Shop For Young People 14 Barrett Road From 12 - 18 years 5 minutes from town centre Every Friday 7:30 pm - 10:30pm Try our famous chocolate 29 Milton Street Eggs and sugar hears Just $1 a week Prices lower than in other shops Games-music-dancing and lots more Open Monday-Saturday 9am-5am International Library Painting Competition Books, CDs and videos For young people 8-16 years old Over 100 Foreign newspapers Paint a picture of an animal And magazines Send it to: Entrance Free Young Artist Magazine Monday- Saturday 9:30am-6:00pm 12 High Street New England House, Museum Street Before 14 September And win a bicycle!
1. What does Parker's Sweet Shop sell?
A. Books B. Chocolate C. PicturesD. CDs
2. What time does Happy Days Club open?
A. 9:00 am B. 9:30 am C. 7:30 pm D. 10:30 pm
3. What should you paint if you want to take part in the painting competition?
A. An egg B. A girl C.A bicycle D. An animal
In Canada you can find dogs, horses, etc., in almost every family. These are their pets. People love these pets and regard them as their good friends. Before they keep them at their houses, they take them to animal hospital to give them injection (注射) so that they won't catch disease (疾病). They have special animal food stores, though they can get animal food in almost every store. Some people spend around two hundred Canadian dollars a month on animal food. When you visit people's homes, they would be very glad to show you their pets and they are very proud of them. You will also find almost every family has a bird feeder in their garden. All kinds of birds are welcomed to come and have a good meal. They are free to come and go and nobody is allowed to kill any animals in Canada. They have a law against killing wild animals. If you killed an animal, you would be punished (惩罚). Senior (old) people in Canada have many reasons to like animals. One of them might be their family lie is not as close as ours. When children grow up, they leave their parents and start their own career (事业), then the seniors will feel lonely. And pets can solve this problem. They can be good friends and never leave them alone.
1. The passage mainly tells us people in Canada ________________.
A. like to keep pets at home B. spend a lot of money on pets
C. think killing pets is against the law D. enjoy showing pets to their friends
2. People give pets injection to make them not __________________.
A. run away B. hurt people C. get ill D. eat much
3. The underlined word "feeder" refers to ___________________.
A. something to keep the birds B. a person who feeds the birds C. something to put food in for birds D. a person who sells bird food
4. Old people like to keep pets because ____________.
A. pets cost less money B. pets are quiet and clean
C. pets are easy to take care of D. pets can make good companies
Depalma was driving a large American car. As soon as the race started, he pulled out in front. As the race went on, he kept the first place. And he was far ahead of Dawson, the man in the second place. 15 When the race was almost over, some people got up and left. "Why did stay?" they thought. They were sure they knew who would win. But things did not go as they thought. A strange noise came from Depalma's car. It slowed down. Something was wrong. Depalma knew his car would not go far. His only hope was that he would make it to the finish. But on his last lap, car stopped. Dawson's car roared (呼啸) by. Depalma saw it go by. He knew he could not win now. "But I can finish the race," he thought. And he got out of his car. So did his assistant. They began to push the car to the finish. Dawson went by them again and again. He was on his last lap. He was going to win. Depalma and his friend did not care. They went on pushing. At first, all eyes were on Dawson. He crossed the line. And the race was over. He'd won! Depalma and his friend pushed on. At last, the car crossed the line. B then all the people were shouting for them. They shouted more than they did for Dawson. This was a different kind of winner!
1. When Depalma's car stopped, _______________.
A. he repaired his car right away B. he decided to give up his car C. he and his assistant pushed the car D. he still believed he would win the race
2. Which of the following is Not true according to the passage?
A. Depalma didn't want Dawson to win the race
B. Both of Depalma and Dawson are winners
C. Depalma didn't drive his car to the finish
D. Depalma drove faster than others at first.
3. What can we learn from the passage?
A. American cars always break down in the race.
B. Good cars always help people win the race.
C. People should always shout for the loser.
D. People should always keep trying.
If you go to a fast food restaurant or a snack bar, you will probably see a lot of teenagers. Today, many teenagers are overweight, and some of this is because of their had eating habits. Most teenagers love food with a lot of fat, oil, salt and sugar. People often call this type of food "junk food". But bad eating habits go beyond fast food. Many teenagers find it difficult to eat healthily. Some don't have breakfast before they go to school. During the day, some don't have a proper meal for lunch. In a recent survey at one school, scientists found that over two-thirds of the students didn't follow a healthy diet. Nearly half of the students didn't like vegetables, and many of them didn't like to eat fruits. They preferred to eat food with a lot of salt, sugar, or fat. Parents today also worry about their children's diet. Some doctors give the following advice. Teenagers shouldn't eat too much junk food. Teenagers shouldn't eat food with too much salt. Salt can cause high blood pressure in the future. Teenagers should eat food with less fat, oil and sugar. Teenagers need to eat some fruits and vegetables every day. Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins and have little fat. Teenagers need to drink more milk. Milk will help their bones grow. Teenagers need to eat breakfast every day. This is good for their body and mind. Bad eating habits Eating food with a lot of fat, oil, salt, and sugar. Not having 56. _____ before going to school. Eating few 57. _________ Doctors' advice Eating food with less fat, oil and sugar. Eating vegetables and fruits every day because they are rich In vitamins and have 58. _________ Drinking more milk will help build hones. Eating breakfast every day, which is good for the 59. _____________ The writer wants to help teenagers to 60. ___________________
一。选择填空 1.B 2.C 3.A 4.D 5.B 6.C 7.D 8.A 9.D 10.A 11.C 12.B 13.A 14. C 15.D
二. 完型填空 1.A 2.C 3.B 4.A 5.D 6.C 7.B 8.A 9.C 10.D
四.阅读理解 (A) 1.B 2.C 3.D (B) 1.A 2.C 3.C 4.D (C) 1.C 2.A 3.D
五.任务阅读 1. breakfast 2. vegetables and fruits 3. little fat 4. body and mind 5. keep healthy/ keep fit/ have good eating habits