Unit 8 How was your school trip?
1. To learn the new words, gift, shark, aquarium, seal, hang, hang out, souvenir, win, autograph, prize, outdoor, octopus
2. To master the simple past tense of regular and irregular verbs.
3. To learn how to talk about the past events by using “Were there…? Did you see…? Did you go…?”
4. To understand the two conversations and gain the information to foster the listening and speaking skills.
Teaching important points:
1. Affirmative and negative statements in the past tense, “Did you…? Were there…?” questions.
2. The ways of talking about the events in the past.
Teaching difficult points
1. To master the simple past tense of regular and irregular verbs.
2. To learn how to talk about the past events by using “Were there…? Did you see…? Did you go…?”
Step I Warming up
1. Enjoy a song, This Old Man.
Step II Pre-task
1. What did he/she do last weekend?
Have a competition among the divided groups. The students say a sentence about each picture, and try to induce the rules of the past tense of regular verbs.
2. What are in the aquarium?
“Last weekend, I went to an aquarium (the pictures). I saw many interesting animals there (pictures to learn the animals).”
“Also, I did others things there (pictures to teach gift, autograph etc.)”
Step III Task-cycle
★ Task 1 Test your memory
Show some pictures on the slide for about 30 seconds, ask them to watch carefully.
Test their memories by using, “Were there …?” or “Did you see…?”
★ Task 2 News Conference
Show some photos about the students’ last school trip for a while.
Ask a student or two to act as a spokesman and the others ask him or her questions.
The slide shows them some questions for help, “Did you go…?”