第一步： 通览全文 通过通览全文，了解大意；
第三步： 复读检验 将所有答案代入空格后，重新将短文复读一遍，如果语句通顺，语意清楚，便结束本题
Farley worked for the Canadian government. One day, he was __1__ to learn more about wolves. Do wolves kill lots of caribou(北美驯鹿)? Do they kill people?
They gave him lots of food and clothes and guns. Then they put him on a plane and took him to __2__. The plane put him down and went away. There were no houses or people in this place. But there were lots of animals and lots of wolves.
People tell terrible stories about wolves. They say wolves like to kill and eat people. Farley remembered these stories, and he was __3__. He had his gun with him__4_.
Then one day, he saw a group of wolves. There was a mother wolf with four baby wolves. A father wolf and another young wolf lived with them.
Farley watched these wolves every day. The mother was a very __5__ mother. She gave milk to her babies. She gave them lessons about life. They learned how to __6__ food. The father wolf got food for the mother. The young wolf __7__ the children. They were a nice, happy family—wolf family! Farley did not need his __8__ any more. In a short time, he got on well with the family. Farley watched them for five months. He learned that many stories about the wolves were __9__. Wolves do not eat people, and they do not eat many large animals. And he also learned bad things about men. It was men who killed many caribou and wolves.
Later, Farley wrote a book about wolves. He wanted people to __10__ them and not to kill them.
1. A. seen B. told C. heard D. found
2. A. a small town B. a big city C. a far place D. a lonely village
3. A. afraid B. happy C. angry D. tired
4. A. at times B. all the time C. once a week D. every afternoon
5. A. bad B. good C. hungry D. thirsty
6. A. cook B. make C. get D. pick
7. A. shouted at B. looked into C. laughed at D. played with
8. A. food B. clothes C. gun D. plane
9. A. not good B. not true C. not easy D. not clear
10. A. grow B. have C. teach D. understand
1. B。Farley是政府工作人员。从上下文得知, 他是被派去进行调查和研究狼的习性的，故选told。
2. C。根据下文飞机把Farley送到了一个没有房屋和人的地方, 说明了这个地方不可能是城市,小镇和村庄故a far place为正确答案。
4. B。因为Farley害怕, 所以枪应始终不能离身。all the time意为“一直、始终”。
6. C。狼只能猎取食物, 而不能烧食物, 生产食物。get合乎文意，为正确答案。
7. D。shout at意为“朝……大声叫喊”;look into意为“调查、观察”;laugh at意为“嘲笑……”。这三个词组都不符文意。play with意为“和……一起玩耍”，合文意为正确答案。
8. C。the nice happy wolf family让Farley不再害怕，因此也就不再需要枪了，故选择gun.。
9. B。因为他的亲身体验与他所听到的相违背，说明以前关于狼的说法是不对的, 故选not true。