1. Where is the man from?
A. Atlanta. B. New York. C. Washington D.C.
2. When did the man’s mother graduate from college?
A. In 1980. B. In 1981. C. In 1983.
3. What are the speakers discussing?
A. A new book. B. The best writer. C. A bookseller.
4. What does the woman mean?
A. She doesn’t like the job.
B. She will take the job right away.
C. She isn’t sure whether to take the job.
5. Where does the conversation probably take place?
A. In a library. B. At home. C. In a cinema.
听第 6 段材料，回答第 6-8 题。
6. What are the two speakers mainly talking about?
A. Emails. B. Post offices. C. Making friends.
7. Which of the following wasn’t the way people kept in touch in the past?
A. Had phone calls and sent more faxes.
B. Wrote letters and met face to face.
C. Sent e-mails.
8. What do some hackers(黑客) steal from our email box?
A. Puzzles. B. Passwords. C. Public work.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 9-11 题。
9. What is the woman probably?
A. A student. B. A teacher. C. An actress.
10. What are the students like?
A. Active. B. Shy. C. Hard-working.
11. Why does the woman have to leave?
A. She is ill and has to be treated in hospital.
B. Her mother is ill and she has to go back to attend her.
C. She misses her mother so much that she will leave to see her.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 12-14 题。
12. Why does the man rent some bikes?
A. To visit the island on holiday.
B. To go to visit the bicycle rental shop.
C. To go traveling abroad.
13. What does the woman suggest?
A. See her tomorrow. B. Go to the beach. C. Hire a motorbike.
14. Where is the man staying?
A. At Burt’s Bicycle Rental.
B. At the Holiday Sun Hotel.
C. At No. 100 Teckman Street.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 15-17 题。
15. What is the first name of the man they are talking about?
A. Tim. B. Tom. C. Smith.
16. What are the two speakers talking about?
A. A film. B. A real story. C. A ghost story.
17. Why didn’t the man run home after the war?
A. He had been wounded in the war.
B. The man hasn’t told the woman yet.
C. He has to sell newspapers at the railway station.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 18-20 题。
18. When is the ceremony held in Pentecost?
A. In April every year.
B. On one’s eighteenth birthday.
C. On 25th each month.
19. How can a boy become an adult in Pentecost?
A. By building a platform on bamboo trees.
B. By going into the forest alone.
C. By jumping from the tower successfully.
20. What is the purpose of the speaker?
A. To tell us an interesting story.
B. To introduce a special festival.
C. To explain the origin of a sport.
21. As is known ____ us, the actress is famous ____ her excellent act.
A. for; as B. to; for C. as; for D. to; as
22. —I have the ____ that we have met once before.
— So we have. At a ball two years ago, remember now?
A. view B. relation C. influence D. impression
23. I’m really sorry. I can’t go to the cinema with you. I am tired.
A. not a bit B. little C. pretty D. too much
24. How many English words ____ you ____ so far?
A. did; learn B. had; learned C. have; learned D. do; learn
25. Death is universal, but life is not. , everyone dies, but not everyone really lives.
A. In other words B. As a result
C. What’s more D. In short
26. —Aren’t you going to buy that car? It is modern and comfortable.
—Yes, it is. But I can’t ____ such an expensive car now.
A. provide B. afford C. offer D. supply
27. Paper produced every year is the world’s production of vehicles.
A. the three times weight of B. three times the weight of
C. as three times heavy as D. three times as heavier as
28. Though he is a(n) actor, he performs very well.
A. usual B. common C. ordinary D. normal
29. —Have you ____ some new ideas?
—Yeah. I’ll tell you later.
A. come about B. come into C. come out D. come up with
30. A great number of students said they were forced to practice the piano.
A. to question B. to be questioned C. questioned D. questioning
31. Most film directors can have a proper to public opinions on their films.
A. reaction B. lecture C. imagination D. source
32. I was sleepy, so I shook my head and tried what I was doing.
A. to look forward to B. focusing on C. to concentrate on D. devoting to
33. ____ the plan means that we must start from the very beginning.
A. Covering B. Avoiding C. Designing D. Abandoning
34. I’m afraid I you with a great many questions. Thank you a lot, sir.
A. have bothered B. appreciated C. have contacted D. impressed
35. —I have driven for so long, and now I want to have a rest.
—__________. ________ to drive.
A. No; It’s my turn B. Yes; It’s your turn
C. Go ahead; It’s your turn D. Go ahead; It’s my turn
As a teacher, my daily activity includes driving to a new school almost every day.
On one particular day, I was teaching in a very 36 classroom. I was managing behavior all morning, and by lunch time I knew I needed a coffee to 37 the afternoon. So during my lunch break, I drove to a nearby square to get a coffee. Upon returning to the 38 , I realized I have locked my phone and my 39 inside! I had about 15 minutes to get back to the 40 , which was a good five-minute drive. If I ran back really quickly, I could 41 it. But it was winter, and a sudden fall on the ice would only make the situation much 42 .
So I hurried into a McDonald’s in the same square, and 43 the man at the counter, who happened to be the 44 to call a taxi for me. After I 45 explained my situation to him, he rushed inside to make the phone 46 I waited anxiously in the restaurant. I had less than 10 minutes to 47 to my school at this point.